Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

3 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I had a feeling it would affect him quite badly. Payback for Brexit?

More likely payback for  all those stops he made at McDonalds during his morning jog ! 

10 days for Boris to live or die

Based on timeline in this article Boris has arrived at breathlessness but not quite ICU.

Unless there is a route off this timeline he will be fighting for his life in a few days for a week. I understand if he gets to that point he’s at about 50/50.

Scary stuff.

20 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

10 days for Boris to live or die

Based on timeline in this article Boris has arrived at breathlessness but not quite ICU.

Unless there is a route off this timeline he will be fighting for his life in a few days for a week. I understand if he gets to that point he’s at about 50/50.

Scary stuff.

What's even scarier is who could take over as PM if he dies.Imagine Priti Patel in no 10 ...:shock2:Please get well soon Boris ! 

Doesn't look like he's getting out any time soon ! https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/monday-briefing-boris-johnson-in-hospital-for-as-long-as-needed

Reports this morning suggest his condition has deteriorated to the point where his immune system has over reacted to the virus and started attacking his own internal organs.If this is the case then it is likely that he will be on a ventilator  within days. It is actually starting to look really quite bad for Boris I'm afraid ... :(

17 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Reports this morning suggest his condition has deteriorated to the point where his immune system has over reacted to the virus and started attacking his own internal organs.If this is the case then it is likely that he will be on a ventilator  within days. It is actually starting to look really quite bad for Boris I'm afraid ... :(

Not the going down in history story he had planned.

I'm just not buying it. I've lived through too many "reports" on Prince Phil's imminent death to get in any way excited about this yet. 

Italian press insists Bojo is on life support, citing "official NHS sources", but I can't find actual corroboration.

From my vast COVID experience, the only "high-ranking" Italian politician who was admitted to hospital was Lucca mayor Alessandro Tambellini. Had it for a week, with usual symptoms, was hospitalized after his condition deteriorated. Though they underplayed the situation, he was in a critical state. That said, with good treatment he was discharged in a week and a half and has now recovered. I think Bojo will do the same way.

things dont look too good for him at all... but knowing him im still gonna give it a 50/50 chance

Could all be a scare story designed to frighten people into obeying the rules.  I wouldn't put it past them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

What's even scarier is who could take over as PM if he dies.Imagine Priti Patel in no 10 ...:shock2:Please get well soon Boris ! 

Doesn't look like he's getting out any time soon ! https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/06/monday-briefing-boris-johnson-in-hospital-for-as-long-as-needed

If Boris were to die someone would take over as an interim Prime Minister (probably Gove). They would then organise a Conservative party leadership election. However I imagine there would be internal pressure to avoid a prolonged contest and they would be expected to fall in behind the appropriate candidate. I think this would be Gove as he of the current Government did best during last year's contest to succeed May. However if there was a strong centrist candidate they might decide to make it a contest.

3 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If Boris were to die someone would take over as an interim Prime Minister (probably Gove). They would then organise a Conservative party leadership election. However I imagine there would be internal pressure to avoid a prolonged contest and they would be expected to fall in behind the appropriate candidate. I think this would be Gove as he of the current Government did best during last year's contest to succeed May. However if there was a strong centrist candidate they might decide to make it a contest.

A strong centrist like...Jeremy Hunt, former HEALTH secretary, fairly prominent on BBC radio of late and the one who came closest to beating Bojo last year. 

I mean, obviously - Johnson's not dead, yet!

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

A strong centrist like...Jeremy Hunt, former HEALTH secretary, fairly prominent on BBC radio of late and the one who came closest to beating Bojo last year. 

I mean, obviously - Johnson's not dead, yet!

It is a possibility but I am not sure he has the personality status to drive through a challenge against the advice of the men in dark suits

Starmer's only been Labour leader for 24 hours and he's already killed his rival. Highest power level of any politician in history?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Starmer's only been Labour leader for 24 hours and he's already killed his rival. Highest power level of any politician in history?

Killer (said as the Spanish do would sound very like Keir)

HE HIS NOT DEAD!!!

Cummings won't be kept around long if Johnson carks it, which may explain the above ....

1 minute ago, Steve said:

HE HIS NOT DEAD!!!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Steve said:

HE HIS NOT DEAD!!!

Oh my God, now I'm really worried.

• Haha 2

What are the chances?

Bojo is 55, obese, has a probable history of alcohol excess (from his prior comments that a liquid lunch didn't impede his afternoon productivity at work etc.), and didn't look too healthy even before he caught this.  He's also male, and men have a worse outcome with this.  On the other hand, he'll receive the best possible care, obviously.

I'd guesstimate he has about a 2.5% chance of dying

9 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

What are the chances?

Bojo is 55, obese, has a probable history of alcohol excess (from his prior comments that a liquid lunch didn't impede his afternoon productivity at work etc.), and didn't look too healthy even before he caught this.  He's also male, and men have a worse outcome with this.  On the other hand, he'll receive the best possible care, obviously.

I'd guesstimate he has about a 2.5% chance of dying

40/1? 

He's had to go to hospital which isn't a great sign. I think he might be in the single digits 5/1 or 20% - so still more likely to live than to die (probably due to care and attention he will receive) but he is in serious risk of dying in the next 10 days. This morning was the first time in my nearly 52 years of life I have put on the TV to check if the Prime Minister was still alive or not. 

7 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

40/1? 

He's had to go to hospital which isn't a great sign. I think he might be in the single digits 5/1 or 20% - so still more likely to live than to die (probably due to care and attention he will receive) but he is in serious risk of dying in the next 10 days. This morning was the first time in my nearly 52 years of life I have put on the TV to check if the Prime Minister was still alive or not. 

2.5% may have been a bit lowball, but as long as he isn't on a ventilator, I'd reckon his chances of dying are less than 10%.  Remember, more than 90% of people diagnosed in their 70s survive this thing. 

9 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I’m dumb sorry :facepalm:

And I am even more so, I didn't even check wether he was actually the last one...

Bloody hell this escalated quickly. That's a bad sign. 

2 minutes ago, SusanStoHelit said:

And I am even more so, I didn't even check wether he was actually the last one...

Actually I'm even moreso than that. I had it in my mind Spencer Perceval was the last to die in office. 

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

There's no choice or speculation in this. The rules are simple. If he dies, then Dominic Raab takes over as he is the first Secretary of State and de facto deputy (even though the office of Deputy PM hasn't technically been in use in the UK since 2015).

• Like 1