Sign in to follow this  
Arnold

Googie Withers

This dear old lady is frail and fading and I'm afraid may soon be 'Googie Withered'. One to perhaps put into the 'pending' drawer for consideration for next year?

Thanks, didn't realise she was still alive. 92, mind, some deadpools would hold that against her in terms of points.

From her Wiki page:

"In 2004, Googie Withers came back into the news when a character in the ITV soap Coronation Street, Norris Cole, quipped that "Googie Withers would be turning in her grave." Granada Television were forced to apologize a week later when it was discovered that she was very much alive."

John McCallum, husband of Googie Withers and creator of Skippy The Bush Kangaroo, has died aged 91. Maybe she'll depart soon now that he has.

Guest Skippy lover
John McCallum, husband of Googie Withers and creator of Skippy The Bush Kangaroo, has died aged 91. Maybe she'll depart soon now that he has.

Always assumed it was Skippy's mum and dad. :wub:

Always assumed it was Skippy's mum and dad. :wub:

That must be Mr & Mrs The Bush Kangaroo.

Googie, Withers.

Googie, Withers.

That's a shame - she was one of my dad's favorite women, and I was looking to include her on my Sun Wukong list next year, even though her she was never within sight of the top of my spreadsheet of people most likely to die.

Actress Googie Withers has died at 94.She was best known for playing the part of the prison governor in Within These Walls in the 1970s.

edit:just noticed theres a;llready a Googie Withers thread.sorry!

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved

This dear old lady is frail and fading and I'm afraid may soon be 'Googie Withered'. One to perhaps put into the 'pending' drawer for consideration for next year?

yet another miss for us then...