deadtowrites

Male Or Shemale?

Caster Semenya, you decide.  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who needs a gender assignment test when we can humiliate them with a good old fashioned DL witch hunt.

• Like 1

I think she's a girl. And I think the way she has been dealt with by the scum press is despicable.

Of course, if I'm wrong (and I'm a girl, so highly unlikely :ph34r: ), and she turns out to have a todger that would scare Linford Christie, then I'll be the first to rip the piss. :D

Good luck to her, a helpless victim of IAAF incompetence. I don't think she looks any more manly than Fatima Whitbread.

Link - for anyone who doesn't know what the hell we're talking about.

I actually met Fatima Whitbread once, I fixed her phone line many years ago.

She was built like a brick shithouse and had a 6 o'clock shadow that I would have been proud of.

She was built like a brick shithouse and had a 6 o'clock shadow that I would have been proud of.

She spoke very highly of you LFN, I - sort of - ran into her on several occasions. Back in my slimline running days I often did distance work around a park where she came to do some sprinting. For a muscular sort she could move pretty quickly, and had impressive foot recovery, basically the leg moves of a decent sprinter. On occasion we'd stop around the same time, swig from our respective water bottles, and swap observations of the best phone installation we'd ever seen.

All I will say is that South Africa didn't win one gold medal at any sport in the 2008 Olympics. There was a hell of a lot of soul-searching & I do remember them saying "we need a miracle to get back to the top of the world's sporting echelon", so now South Africa suddenly has a world-beating star, then it raises that small flicker of doubt in my mind.

That having been said, I think she is a she.

She spoke very highly of you LFN, I - sort of - ran into her on several occasions. Back in my slimline running days I often did distance work around a park where she came to do some sprinting. For a muscular sort she could move pretty quickly, and had impressive foot recovery, basically the leg moves of a decent sprinter. On occasion we'd stop around the same time, swig from our respective water bottles, and swap observations of the best phone installation we'd ever seen.

Now it all fits!

The Carlisle Footy calender in the Kitchen, continually asking me "Is it fixed yet or summat" as the job progressed...

Clearly, you had a huge influence over this lady.

You smooth bugger, you!! :ph34r:

I thought the rumour was that Jamie Lee Curtis was a hermaphrodite, not a shemale?

Fairly comprehensive rumour round-up here which rubbishes some of the evidence. Some claim her shemale name is evidence, but her elder sister Kelly Lee is unquestionably all woman and has a similar name.

On the other hand, JLC has two adopted children.

The current holder of the 800 metre world record for women is pictured repeatedly here. Bears a striking similarity to former footballer Andy Townsend IMHO. I've never seen a photo of the pair of the together. This record has stood since 1983.

I was amused to read that these tests were "not being undertaken to embarass her" (him?) If that's true, why was it spread all over the news? It must have taken them seconds to get on the phone with the story!

Could be a bit of both, but maybe she's just unique rather like Usain Bolt (and I'm talking in athetic terms here OK).

Last year an 18 year old Kenyan, Pamela Jelimo made an even bigger imapact on the World stage, but there's been no questions

about her. Mind you, Jelimo is of an entirely different physique to Ms Semenya.

Women's 800m needs a bit of a kick up the arse after being tainted by the East European Steroids cartel of the 1980s, so I say

keep her/him/whatever on...

Someone at work told me that she had shaved about 12 seconds off of her time in under a year! He had a website with a table of times, unfortunately I didn't look at the url so I can't back this up.

I go JLC.

Indeed, it's not unheard of the other way either.

Then there are those there is still a question mark over like the Press sisters. I'm not suggesting Caster is a bloke, just pointing out there have been examples in the past. I normally have no interest in sport but this has been quite interesting.

Someone at work told me that she had shaved about 12 seconds off of her time in under a year! ...

There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not going to lower myself. Not yet, anyway.

This whole issue merely highlights once again that many human attributes, physical and emotional, are not fixed but on a sliding scale, including gender. Best of luck to Caster; I often use her sugar in recipes, regardless of whether it can put up a decent shelf or rewire a plug.

I'm livid with how the IAAF has mis-handled the issue. As a diehard athletics fan (more field than track) I think the time has now come for a gender-non-specific championship in which anyone can compete, provided they can prove they've been the subject of "is he or isn't she?"-type discussions by classmates/teachers/parents/internet forums/the media in the past. That way, Colin Jackson could make a comeback to compete in the 110m high-voiced hurdles.

I phoned Ladbrokes to ask for the odds on JLC winning every event in my putative alternative Olympics but they declined to answer. Bunch of fence-sitters. The question is, if Caster sat on a fence, how much would it hurt, and where?

:ph34r:

There are various easy ways to tell a male from a female, anyway.

For instance, if she feels a fart coming on, does she slip discreetly outside or stay put and let rip publicly with a smug expression?

95-year-old German ex-high jumper Gretel Bergmann should get an obituary. She was (indeed, is) a woman but was replaced by a man at the 1936 Olympics, on account of being Jewish.

95-year-old German ex-high jumper Gretel Bergmann should get an obituary. She was (indeed, is) a woman but was replaced by a man at the 1936 Olympics, on account of being Jewish.

I was thinking about her too, she looks very well for 96 though.

Fascinating thread, all new to me. I've been looking carefully at the pics and there's no sign of any lunchbox. But no squid beak either. One hell of a six pack though.

3b35e_caster-semenya-gener-dispute-2.jpg

Fatima Whitbread, however, was one sexy babe. A pity she felt it necessary to shave her armpits. :sick:

This whole issue merely highlights once again that many human attributes, physical and emotional, are not fixed but on a sliding scale, including gender. {/quote]

If a testosterone-driven "woman" is recognised as being far superior to her same-sex competitors, then...were the losing 100m finalists (trailing in behind Bolt) slower as a result of too much oestrogen? (ie they are more "she" than "he"?).

After all, if the IAAF is picking on butch-looking female athletes....when is someone going to (conversely) investigate Johnstons Idewu?

For instance, if she feels a fart coming on, does she slip discreetly outside or stay put and let rip publicly with a smug expression?

Or you could open the bonnet of a car and ask him/her to point out the various working parts.

Or you could open the bonnet of a car and ask him/her to point out the various working parts.

And for this you'd have to assume a man would be capable of identifying his crankshaft from his fuel injector, where exactly to apply lubricant or what roll his big end plays in the suck, squeeze, bang, blow processes of a 4 stroke engine? :rolleyes:

And for this you'd have to assume a man would be capable of identifying his crankshaft from his fuel injector, where exactly to apply lubricant or what roll his big end plays in the suck, squeeze, bang, blow processes of a 4 stroke engine? :rolleyes:

I was thinking about a Wankel engine, but.........