DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

One time 'youngest person on death row' in the U.S., Paula Cooper, saves the taxpayers some money by committing suicide. Good riddance.

SChttp://www.inquisitr.com/2121312/paula-cooper-dies-once-youngest-death-row-inmate-in-u-s-found-dead-in-an-apparent-suicide/

"She was released from prison two years ago, after serving nearly 30 years" so not sure how she's saved the taxpayers money.

You got me--victim of my own presumptions :-(

How a person on death row has anything less than life without parole I do not know. Learn something new every day.

SC

Perhaps if you'd read the report you'd linked to...

• Like 1

One time 'youngest person on death row' in the U.S., Paula Cooper, saves the taxpayers some money by committing suicide. Good riddance.

SChttp://www.inquisitr.com/2121312/paula-cooper-dies-once-youngest-death-row-inmate-in-u-s-found-dead-in-an-apparent-suicide/

"She was released from prison two years ago, after serving nearly 30 years" so not sure how she's saved the taxpayers money.
You got me--victim of my own presumptions :-(

How a person on death row has anything less than life without parole I do not know. Learn something new every day.

SC

Perhaps if you'd read the report you'd linked to...

Sometimes I do, but generally of little or no importance to me past the first couple sentences. My concern is being first, not the content therein.

SC

Picked the cunt two or three years ago, knew quite quickly there was fuck all wrong wae him :(

Picked the cunt two or three years ago, knew quite quickly there was fuck all wrong wae him :(

Non of them will outrun the reaper for ever, though I considered and rejected him as too dodgy to call.

Derby-Lewis was my third sub this year, didn't make the final 20 on count of me having enough 70-somethings in my squad as is and my general hesitancy towards jailbird punts. That being said, I do think he's near the end now given there's no doubt he has lung cancer (the only dispute being the stage it's at) and that this is someone who has constantly tried for parole to no avail, so it must be dire for him if the court finally let him go home.

Conflicting reports now. One of the escaped prisoners in New York state has been either shot or dead, depending on the source.

Second escaped prisoner now also shot, but apparently still alive.

James Whitey Bulger, who would also be a good addition to the Deathlist, in my opinion, writes about his "wasted" life in a letter:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/06/27/whitey-bulger-letter-life-was-wasted/irYL38W7IxI5ycoEpDohkI/story.html

So, he never managed to grow a pair as big as Ronnie Biggs, then?

Lifer Glenn Ford was exonerated March 12 after 30 years improperly incarcerated, only to learn he has 4-8 months left with Stage 4 lung cancer. Damn the luck.

SC

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/02/exonerated-man-second-death-sentence-cancer/24248191/

Dead. http://www.wafb.com/story/29432341/exonerated-death-row-inmate-glenn-ford-dies-of-cancer

His injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

Sad news in that article.

Still, there's always next time, now folk are getting near him.

might be a while until someone does again after this.

It would appear that although initially declared dead of natural causes, he was in fact shot. (Though you might argue that in his line of work, being shot is a natural cause of death).

• Like 3

He's still the prime suspect as Bible John, right? It's unlikely, but it'd be good if he told the world what he knows about that before someone finally sees him off.

He's still the prime suspect as Bible John, right? It's unlikely, but it'd be good if he told the world what he knows about that before someone finally sees him off.

Yeah, he is. I think he was, mind you.