DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

On 2/19/2018 at 06:45, Spade_Cooley said:

Never a fan of selecting people in dead pools just because they've gone to prison, but do any of us really fancy the chances of Oxbridge-educated dinosaur research scientist and "Britain's worst hurtcore paedophile" Matthew Falder if things kick off in H-block? 

His Twitter account pre-arrest is still up: 

'twould be a good avatar.  

One of the hard bastards of Argentina's Dirty War appears to be dead, Luciano Benjamin Menendez.

Links in Spanish so far...https://www.clarin.com/politica/murio-luciano-benjamin-menendez-historia-general-joven-condenado_0_rk6pUZmuf.html

8 hours ago, charon said:

One of the hard bastards of Argentina's Dirty War appears to be dead, Luciano Benjamin Menendez.

Links in Spanish so far...https://www.clarin.com/politica/murio-luciano-benjamin-menendez-historia-general-joven-condenado_0_rk6pUZmuf.html

BBC have put this out. Not a nice man.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-43220470

Death row inmate Alva Campbell, who was due to be executed last year but had his lethal injection called off when his executioners failed to find a suitable vein (due to his numerous health issues), has died of natural causes. Another hit for my B-Team if he gets the Mail AP QO I assumed he would. I mostly picked him because the novelty of getting DDP points from a death row inmate (since he's dead of natural causes) tickled me.

• Thanks 1

Damn, wish I thought about the novelty of that while creating my B team. Oh well. That’s life for you. Good job picking him.

Hard to believe he got an obit outside of Ohio.  Way to go DI!

Should have died last year but whatever. I thought he was lying about his poor health to avoid execution.

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

Should have died last year but whatever. I thought he was lying about his poor health to avoid execution.

So many do....that's the rub.  You gotta have cajones to choose one of these characters imho

Good job DI. I find it impressive how much one can find that is not on everyone else's radar. Your B_team is a great example of that.

Well,  now in jail for fraud with his hedge  funds. 

Top target for the next seven years for anyone who suffered from his pill price rise. 

Worth $70m too,  so another reason he might not last. 

• Like 3

Carlton Gary (aka The Stocking Strangler) executed on Thursday in Columbus, Georgia.  

Big question marks over his guilt, allegedly DNA results 'prove' he couldn't have been the killer but these were sat on by the legal beagles - also the footprints at the crime scene were a size 9 whereas Gary had whopping size 14 feet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5513621/Injustice-lethal-injection.html

7 hours ago, coffee_and_candles said:

Carlton Gary (aka The Stocking Strangler) executed on Thursday in Columbus, Georgia.  

Big question marks over his guilt, allegedly DNA results 'prove' he couldn't have been the killer but these were sat on by the legal beagles - also the footprints at the crime scene were a size 9 whereas Gary had whopping size 14 feet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5513621/Injustice-lethal-injection.html

They tip-toed around the DNA issue.  Which also explains the shoe size.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry, just posted this on a dead pool thread - which'll teach me for searching here and talking in the office at the same time: 

New Hatton Garden arrest

Hopefully as old and vulnerable as the likes of Brian Reader

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43569546

Note - obviously, innocent until proven guilty and all the other politically correct stuff I should say. 

According to today's Daily Star, Rose West is in poor health and in hospital. Her health problems are being closely guarded but it could be serious and life threatening. If makes the year out she could be one for 2019.

17 hours ago, Snakeman said:

According to today's Daily Star, Rose West is in poor health and in hospital. Her health problems are being closely guarded but it could be serious and life threatening. If makes the year out she could be one for 2019.

Thank you for the wonderful news! Hopefully the Grim Reaper comes sooner instead of 2019. Wicked woman she is. Think she has been rushed to the hospital with armed Guards.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Thank you for the wonderful news! Hopefully the Grim Reaper comes sooner instead of 2019. Wicked woman she is. Think she has been rushed to the hospital with armed Guards.....

Yeah, the faster she goes "Under the patio, like Heather" the better. 

• Like 2

On 07/04/2018 at 13:41, Snakeman said:

Or a happy cash in for the seven DDP teams who have her this year

Surprised this isn't posted, but maybe it's elsewhere.
An 83-year-old man has become the oldest inmate to be put to death since capital punishment was reinstated in the US in the 1970s.  Walter Moody was convicted of killing judge Robert Vance after sending him a mail bomb in 1989.  He was pronounced dead at 8.42pm local time on Thursday following an injection at the Alabama prison at Atmore.  Moody gave no final statement and did not respond when an official asked if he had any last words.
SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

An 83-year-old man has become the oldest inmate to be put to death since capital punishment was reinstated in the US in the 1970s.  Walter Moody was convicted of killing judge Robert Vance after sending him a mail bomb in 1989.  He was pronounced dead at 8.42pm local time on Thursday following an injection at the Alabama prison at Atmore.  Moody gave no final statement and did not respond when an official asked if he had any last words.
SC

'Get a fuckin' move on, I'm an old man I could die whilst you sort that apparatus out'. 

Aye silence might be better.

35 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

An 83-year-old man has become the oldest inmate to be put to death since capital punishment was reinstated in the US in the 1970s.
SC

If it is posted elsewhere it's certainly not in the Death Penalty Thread:duck:

• Haha 1