DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

I predict a riot, I predict a riot.....

The 'put this in the right thread' pedant get's pedanted. I'm also now aware, since the spell checker assures me, that pedanted isn't a word, meh, give it time.

43 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Surprised this isn't posted, but maybe it's elsewhere.
An 83-year-old man has become the oldest inmate to be put to death since capital punishment was reinstated in the US in the 1970s.  Walter Moody was convicted of killing judge Robert Vance after sending him a mail bomb in 1989.  He was pronounced dead at 8.42pm local time on Thursday following an injection at the Alabama prison at Atmore.  Moody gave no final statement and did not respond when an official asked if he had any last words.
SC

Forensic files did an episode on that pricks case 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I predict a riot, I predict a riot.....

The 'put this in the right thread' pedant get's pedanted. I'm also now aware, since the spell checker assures me, that pedanted isn't a word, meh, give it time.

You must have missed this:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/7652-world-war-ii-veterans/?page=14&tab=comments#comment-347553

• Haha 1

Ahahahaha, yeah, I did. 

Grabbing beer and awaiting transatlantic response. I like Saturday nights here.

• Haha 1

Good he deserved to get shit on twice then, once for the wrong thread and once that I didn't notice which was not putting the person's name in the post -- at least 'search' came up empty.  My work is done here.
SC

Had hoped for stouter defence. Can't have it all I guess.

4 beers, Mark Knopfler, 'Where do you think you're going?' guitar in the cans, I should care.

The Night Stalker/Golden State Killer from the 70's has been caught.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/25/golden-state-serial-killer-california-arrest-east-area-rapist

Joseph James Deangelo.

Long list watchabilty ensured.

On 4/21/2018 at 14:53, Cat O'Falk said:

If it is posted elsewhere it's certainly not in the Death Penalty Thread:duck:

I should hope not.  That’s Extra-Curricular. 

9 hours ago, charon said:

The Night Stalker/Golden State Killer from the 70's has been caught.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/25/golden-state-serial-killer-california-arrest-east-area-rapist

Joseph James Deangelo.

Long list watchabilty ensured.

Wonderful news !  This is a long time Coming! Hope he confesses so there is no trial. Lock him up in the general population. Wink! Wink!

Now I wish they could identify the rest of the Rodney Alcala photos. Someone, somewhere, should recognize the young people in those photos. There are Danish and Dutch females; along with American males and females from New York, California and Washington in those photos.  

On 04/26/2018 at 06:29, theoldlady said:

Wonderful news !  This is a long time Coming! Hope he confesses so there is no trial. Lock him up in the general population. Wink! Wink!

Now I wish they could identify the rest of the Rodney Alcala photos. Someone, somewhere, should recognize the young people in those photos. There are Danish and Dutch females; along with American males and females from New York, California and Washington in those photos.  

Here's a 5 part podcast if any cunto is interested.

Afore caught obviously.

http://casefilepodcast.com/case-53-east-area-rapist-1976-part-1/

On 29/04/2018 at 03:20, alt obits guy said:

Canadian convicted serial child abuser Karl Toft, who spent 13 years in prison, has died.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/serial-child-abuser-karl-toft-dies-from-lung-cancer-1.3906811

It's not funny, obviously, but this from his Wikipedia entry just slayed me:

Karl Richard Toft[2] (June 30, 1936 – April 28, 2018) was a convicted sex offender and pederast who committed an estimated 200 sexual assaults .... he maintained that two-thirds of the allegations were untrue.[5]

"I'm not a bad guy, I only raped 70 people....."

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Dennis Nilsen is dead aged 72. Thank God Grindr didn't exist when he was free to roam.

Edit: The Sun, Daily Mirror, BBC obituaries.

I read a book about him called Killing for Company. He had body parts stuffed all over his flat when they came to arrest him. In Bin Liners and cupboards. I believe he wrote his autobiography while in prison but wasn't allowed to publish it because he was alive and unable to profit from his crimes. I wonder if it will now be allowed to be published.

8 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Dennis Nilsen is dead aged 72. Thank God Grindr didn't exist when he was free to roam.

Rest In Pieces

respects(2).gif.88884d3dbb2a141a05cd2d8948abd6d3.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Pretty sure Mr. Muscle did tho...

19 hours ago, Thatcher said:

If you look at the biographies of serial killers like Dennis Nilsen and the child murderer Robert Black, and the sort of shit they were getting away with in the 80s, there's simply no way they could get away with that kind of thing nowadays. Not possible at all, the world has moved on far too much for that kind of thing to happen again.

Technology in the 80s, and even the 90s, was like in another universe compared to what we have nowadays. A completely different world. In 2018 anyone with a smartphone can be tracked instantly. In the 80s and 90s, it was like the stone age in comparison.

Oh yeah and another missed hit for me. I thought about including Dennis Nilsen but went for Josef Fritzl instead, had to include at least one sick fuck on my list.

One of the main reasons Sutcliffe got away with it so long was because information was still held in filing cards, so cross-referencing evidence was effectively dependent on someone memorising 250,000 names.

Balls.

How many folk go missing in London last year?

Social media will make it easier, so there are worse than Nilson out there, just not caught.

• Like 1

Nilsen's death means there's only 12 prisoners left in the UK with whole-life tariffs, according to Wikipedia. Those still left include Robert Maudsley (longest-serving convict in the current legal system iirc), Jeremy Bamber (the murderer with the most insane fanbase online, just google them) and, for the ladies, Rose West.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prisoners_with_whole-life_orders

The number is way higher than 12. A sickening amount of these cases are murderers who were let out to murder again. In my opinion a first degree murder conviction should at the very least result in life imprisonment without parole. Hopefully Mr Nelson is burning in hell right now where what he did to his victims is mercy compared to what being done to him.

Tan Duc Thanh Nguyen of the Bali 9 dies in prison aged 34.

In a case of the memory cheats, thought he was a DDP alumnus for DDT. Mixing him up with another Bali type, apparently.

93 year old American lifer Francis Clifford Smith 'celebrates' 68 years behind bars today.  He only needs to manage another 245 days to beat Paul Geidel's record of being the longest incarcerated prisoner in the USA.

On 21/08/2009 at 00:11, time said:

I nominate Sidney Cooke. Over 80, already suffered a stroke and not looking likely to be released any time soon, despite his minimum sentence having elapsed years ago.

In fact it can't happen soon enough.

:ph34r:

Alas Sidney Cooke, now 91, is still wasting valuable oxygen.  However I am led to believe that he may be extremely unwell at the moment - definitely one for 2019 if he makes it that far.