DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

Paul Manafort hospitalized due to a "cardiac event"

• Haha 1

On 16/12/2019 at 23:55, alt obits guy said:

Lawrence Sigmond Bittaker, a serial killer on death row in San Quentin, has died of natural causes.  He was 79.

https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/12/16/serial-killer-who-raped-murdered-5-socal-teens-dies-at-san-quentin/

Missed this at the time, can't believe I did. Calling him a "serial killer" is very, very kind to him. He was one of the so-called "Toolbox Killers" who recorded audio footage of them raping and torturing their victims. The tapes are allegedly used to desensitise FBI agents during training.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Missed this at the time, can't believe I did. Calling him a "serial killer" is very, very kind to him. He was one of the so-called "Toolbox Killers" who recorded audio footage of them raping and torturing their victims. The tapes are allegedly used to desensitise FBI agents during training.

And he was sentenced to death in 1981?  What a farce these US death sentences are.  What's the point?

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Agreed Spade.  The gratuitous torture Bittaker and Norris indulged in does set them apart from most self-respecting serial killers.

There's footage on YouTube of horrified attendees running out of the courtroom during Bittaker's trial, after the audio of their last murder was played.  Unfortunately some of the sound escapes from the courtroom as the doors open, so I won't post a link.

7 hours ago, Toast said:

And he was sentenced to death in 1981?  What a farce these US death sentences are.  What's the point?

1981?  Why he's just a wee bairn on Death Row.

If it makes you feel better, Toasty, Sirhan Sirhan -- who murdered Bobby Kennedy in 1968 and landed on death row upon sentencing in 1969 -- has been a staple on Team Gris Gris since it's inception 3 years ago (*spoiler...gonna be 4).  Aye, he lives!
To answer your question in the cases of Bittaker and Sirhan, they are in mamby pamby liberal California and we wouldn't want to prejudice the darlings by actually carrying out a sentence of death, you know just in case we got one wrong.  In Sirhan's case (and I didn't bother with Bittaker's) whoever the Democrat governor was in 1972 'commuted Sirhan's death sentence to life without the hope of parole'.  So I'm happy to do my part paying to feed the wee fellow.  Well I'm not in Cali, but you get the idea.
SirC

(EDIT: Admin feel free to punt this conversation to Death Sentence thread in Extra Curricular cuz I have a feeling we ain't done talking about it lol.)

9 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

(EDIT: Admin feel free to punt this conversation to Death Sentence Penalty thread in Extra Curricular DeathList Forum  cuz I have a feeling we ain't done talking about it lol.)

FTFY   ;)

On 26/10/2019 at 22:40, Skinny kiltrunner said:

This is pretty much always inappropriate, but in this case....

giphy.gif

....very appropriate in the case of Lawrence Bittaker!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

FTFY   ;)

Where's my eyeroll emoji :rolleyes:  noting your +1 postwhoring.

• Haha 2

giphy.gif

...it is also very appropriate for Phillip Jablonsky as well! (Thanks to S. Kiltrunner for this most excellent picture.)

• Like 1

Reynhard Sinaga: 'Evil sexual predator' jailed for life for 136 rapes

The CPS described him as the most prolific rapist in British legal history" and possibly "in the world".

Only 36, but could be another Richard Huckle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50987823

• Like 4

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 09:24, Ulitzer95 said:

Peter Tobin, Ivan Milat and Rose West are all very ill and Sidney Cooke turns 93 in April.

I know there’s limited space on the DL but I reckon all 4 will kick the bucket in the next year. 

With Ivan Milat dead, turns out the father of one of Tobin's victims has been told by "the cops" that Tobin has "days to live": https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5186366/serial-killer-peter-tobin-cancer-victim-party/

• Like 6

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

With Ivan Milat dead, turns out the father of one of Tobin's victims has been told by "the cops" that Tobin has "days to live": https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5186366/serial-killer-peter-tobin-cancer-victim-party/

Quality source there.
Did the cop say it in a James Cagney/Edward G Robinson voice.... 
'Look here, see.  That killer, Tobin, he's gonna take a long walk of a short pier, see.  Tuesday, down the apples.  Yeah, you heard nuthin from me.  Nuthin!  Now don't you be flappin your gums, pops.  If ya know what's good for ya.  Now make yourself scarce.'

51GJQjMsvyL._SY445_.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Quality source there.
Did the cop say it in a James Cagney/Edward G Robinson voice.... 
'Look here, see.  That killer, Tobin, he's gonna take a long walk of a short pier, see.  Tuesday, down the apples.  Yeah, you heard nuthin from me.  Nuthin!  Now don't you be flappin your gums, pops.  If ya know what's good for ya.  Now make yourself scarce.'

51GJQjMsvyL._SY445_.jpg

I think he probably just received a letter in the post from Edinburgh police.

2 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I think he probably just received a letter in the post from Edinburgh police.

You're about as fun as a wet dishrag. 

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Glad I picked him now.Hopefully the party is public.

Must say I'm looking forward to writing his DDP obit...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

'You're about as fun as a wet dishrag'

Said the dishwater.

On 06/07/2019 at 03:51, gcreptile said:

Peter Gotti, probably still the boss of the Gambino crime family from prison, seeks compassionate release for 22 reasons, cancer, dementia, heart, kidney, etc....

https://nypost.com/2019/07/05/gambino-boss-peter-gotti-wants-compassionate-prison-release/

Judge Colleen McMahon wrote Gotti "has not shown that he has a terminal illness or a serious physical or medical condition that has substantially diminished his ability to provide self-care within the environment of a correctional facility."  Early release denied.
SC

• Like 2

Has Robert Maudsley been mentioned in these parts? (nothing coming up on the search) - quite an interesting doc on him at the moment on Virgin/On demand. He's been in solitary for a scarcely believable 42 years after killing other inmates in the 1970s. Still only 66 but basically being allowed to waste away in a specially built 'tomb' under Wakefield prison. Given that he was horrifically abused as a child, and only killed other abusers, I suspect his case would have a lot of public sympathy if it were better known. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

...it is very appropriate for Roy Norris. (As always: Thank you Mr. Kiltrunner for this most excellent video;

and thanks to JQW for mentioning this above.)(I cannot seem to publish any links to this today.)

• Like 1