DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

A EU-walled article tells me that "Broadway Bandit" Jamie Frierson is dead.

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-broadway-bandit-bank-robber-dies-20200504-d3lfdibsare45ntd3i5yqy7bem-story.html%3foutputType=amp

The "amp" link works, the direct one doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

A EU-walled article tells me that "Broadway Bandit" Jamie Frierson is dead.

Edit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-broadway-bandit-bank-robber-dies-20200504-d3lfdibsare45ntd3i5yqy7bem-story.html%3foutputType=amp

The "amp" link works, the direct one doesn't. 

Had trust issues with that one. Thought he was faking it to get out of the trial he was in. 

Thomas Edwin Blanton Jr., last surviving perpetrator of the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in 1963, has died in prison at the age of 82. GOOD RIDDANCE.

Blanton and 3 other KKK members placed dynamite under the steps of the church, killing 4 girls attending a Sunday school service.

• Like 1

Golden State killer finally charged. Can't imagine the sentence being one that'll allow him out of prison again given he's 74. 

Pleading some kind of personality disorder......

Sacramento County prosecutor Thien Ho said that after he was arrested in 2018, and left alone in an interrogation room, DeAngelo began speaking to himself, seeming to address a person within that he could not control.

"I did all that," DeAngelo said, according to Mr Ho.

"I didn't have the strength to push him out. He made me. He went with me. It was like in my head, I mean, he's a part of me.

"I didn't want to do those things. I pushed Jerry out and had a happy life. I did all those things. I destroyed all their lives. So now I've got to pay the price."

However, prosecutors have expresses scepticism over whether DeAngelo's words and actions are authentic, noting he once faked a heart attack after he was sacked from a job for shoplifting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53226327

On 14/07/2020 at 09:06, Perhaps said:

White supremacist Daniel Lewis Lee was executed today, after being sentenced to death for 3 murders in 1996. The first federal execution by the US  government in 17 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53401021

Wesley Purkey was executed today, the second federal execution.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/16/politics/federal-execution-wesley-purkey/index.html

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sean said:

Shame we can't do that to Shamima Begun when she returns.

No problem with her tag line if she dies :D

John H. Beames, who was in San Quentin State Prison and on death row for nearly 25 years after a first-degree murder conviction, has died from complications related to COVID-19. He was 67.

https://www.kget.com/news/state-news/tulare-county-man-on-death-row-dies-from-covid-19-related-complications/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Like 1

David Kevin Loader, cannibal killer, has died in prison in Australia after being diagnosed with aggressive cancer: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8639131/Cannibal-ruthless-killer-bragged-cooking-eating-victims-penis-dies.html

Edit: Died in January but not sure if it was posted before after I did a search and turned up nothing.

• Like 1

Several more Federal USA prisoners have been executed lately. Dustin Lee Honken (in July), Lezmond Charles Mitchell and Keith Dwayne Nelson (this week). Most have murdered children and others in the most brutal ways imaginable. This brings a total of 5 so far this year. At least two more may come in September. 

On 31/03/2011 at 22:02, Handrejka said:

Winston Mosely, Kitty Genovese's killer is another one who'll probably die behind bars. Don't know much about him but he's getting on in years and as the case was pretty infamous he'll more than likely get a UK press mention.

On 19/11/2015 at 20:04, Handrejka said:

He did die behind bars, just a few months after his parole was turned down.

The neighbour who ran to help/comfort Kitty Genovese as she was dying, Sophia Farrar, has recently died (Friday) aged 92.

On 14/05/2018 at 15:03, Spade_Cooley said:

Nilsen's death means there's only 12 prisoners left in the UK with whole-life tariffs, according to Wikipedia. Those still left include Robert Maudsley (longest-serving convict in the current legal system iirc), Jeremy Bamber (the murderer with the most insane fanbase online, just google them) and, for the ladies, Rose West.

In the absence of Nilsen's own thread let's post this here. 

Three part drama on ITV starting tonight with David Tennant looking like a fairly accurate Nilsen - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54025946

Being as at any given moment on a full Sky package (or £10-a-month bootleg IPTV video hookup) there are seven separate true crime documentaries broadcasting, I'm kinda serial killer-ed out at the moment, but I'll definitely tune in for this. Nilsen was almost the most fascinating British serial killer to me, just because, as it says in that article, he was so fucking boring. Although him killing victims with their own headphone wires as they were listing to War of the Worlds is kinda funny.

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Being as at any given moment on a full Sky package (or £10-a-month bootleg IPTV video hookup) there are seven separate true crime documentaries broadcasting, I'm kinda serial killer-ed out at the moment, but I'll definitely tune in for this. Nilsen was almost the most fascinating British serial killer to me, just because, as it says in that article, he was so fucking boring. Although him killing victims with their own headphone wires as they were listing to War of the Worlds is kinda funny.

Aye, he's interesting for that reason. Tbh I'm bored with the same old/same old serial killer stuff though I recently read both of Gitta Sereny's books on Mary Bell which are really interesting in terms of trying to understand why a kid a few days either side of her 11th birthday would kill two small children. Also finally got a hardback copy of Gordon Burn's Happy Like Murderers - vivid account of the goings on in and around Fred and Rose's boarding house of delights - both of my lads rated this as a really good read. I'll let yers know

Although him killing victims with their own headphone wires as they were listing to War of the Worlds is kinda funny.

No-one would have believed ... aaarrrrgh

• Like 1

If I'm curious about any killer (what an odd topic), it's Anne Perry, who spent 5 years in jail for murdering the mother of her gal pal as a teenager, and then became a millionaire crime fiction author. Her books were quite good too, it's as if she knew how to murder someone in real life or something...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, msc said:

If I'm curious about any killer (what an odd topic), it's Anne Perry, who spent 5 years in jail for murdering the mother of her gal pal as a teenager, and then became a millionaire crime fiction author. Her books were quite good too, it's as if she knew how to murder someone in real life or something...

And portrayed on film by that dreadful ham Winslet, who should get 5 years for crimes against thesping.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

And portrayed on film by that dreadful ham Winslet, who should get 5 years for crimes against thesping.

I thought her and Melanie Lynskey had some great thesping scenes in that movie. Looking forward to that new film where Winslet and Saoirse Ronan thesp out as well.