DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

I like Peter Jackson's bit quoted on Wiki tbh.

"The friendship was for the most part a rich and rewarding one, and we tried to honour that in the film."

It was a sweet and nice friendship apart from the whole murdering someone bit...

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I thought her and Melanie Lynskey had some great thesping scenes in that movie. Looking forward to that new film where Winslet and Saoirse Ronan thesp out as well.

I like thesping as much as the next perv, but I just can't be doing with Winalot. I much prefer Billie's thesping.

Lag numbers boosted today by the arrival of ex-MP Charlie Elphicke - can't see him going the pious Aitken route or sinking so low as to be reality tv gold. Suicide risk marginal at most, but thought I'd update us all anyway

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-54161766

Every cloud and that

Happy story in the Kent Messenger today about the bonus for a young mum of a decent home - the twist being the place wasn't that appealing to others because Peter Tobin's ideas about gardening had knocked a little shine off the place

Link: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/making-a-serial-killers-house-a-home-235260/

On 04/03/2020 at 20:40, gcreptile said:

Deathlist Cup pick Benjamin LaGuer, convicted serial rapist with a Wikipedia page, sent back to prison after compassionate release:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/03/metro/convicted-rapist-ben-laguer-recently-released-medical-parole-sent-back-prison/

He violated his bail conditions. The medical outlook (weeks, or at most a few months in January) seems unchanged.

Benjamin LaGuer has now died:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/11/04/metro/benjamin-laguer-convicted-rapist-who-claimed-innocence-decades-has-died/

• Like 1

On 29/07/2017 at 10:59, gcreptile said:

Prominent US pedophile Paul Shanley (has a wiki page!), freed from prison, "extremely frail" and in "poor health", so he is no danger for the nearby children's dance studio:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-governor-review-sex-crimes-civil-commitments-48906465

Daily Mail gamble...

Paul Shanley dead: https://www.abc6.com/paul-shanley-priest-at-center-of-sex-scandal-dead-at-89/

• Like 2

I haven't found any mention about him so, even if they are old news to break I want to introduce John Arthur Getreu. He is suspected to be the Palo Alto killer who murdered two 21yo girls in the '70s, like the Golden State killer DeAngelo he was linked to the case thanks to DNA found on the crime scene through some genetic genealogy site, and just like DeAngelo he has shown  signs of failing health after he was charged. He was hospitalized for a brain embolism a month ago and had his trial postponed to January. Here they say the trial could last a month so next year he is definitelty going to be sentenced. I think any prison term is going to be a life sentence for him, so one to watch.

With this post I also take the opportunity to propose (if it doesn't exist) a thread about trials in general, not only for alleged murderers, I find interesting to keep track of people who stand trials because they have a lot of good reasons to see their life expectancy reduced. At the moment I can mention Lee Myung-bak who was confirmed to get 17 years prison term but also Iliescu, Hashim Thaci or Felicien Kabuga, all standing trials for crimes against humanity. I'm not a law expert so I would like to hear someone else's opinion about the chances these people have to receive harsh sentences...

• Like 2

The oldest inmate on Ohio’s death row has died, and a prison spokeswoman said it was likely due to the coronavirus.

Seventy-nine-year-old James Frazier died Nov. 19 at the prison system’s Franklin Medical Center in Columbus.

In recent months, his attorneys had sought to block execution, saying he suffered from dementia and had little idea where he was.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

The oldest inmate on Ohio’s death row has died, and a prison spokeswoman said it was likely due to the coronavirus.

Seventy-nine-year-old James Frazier died Nov. 19 at the prison system’s Franklin Medical Center in Columbus.

He was doomed, doomed I tell ye!!

Donato Bilancia, one of Italy's worst serial killers, dead at 69 from COVID-19.

• Like 5

Serial killer extraordinaire Sam Little reportedly dead at 80.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JR976evil said:

And he toured schools across the country. Talk about hiding in plain sight 

I hope he gets smurfed in jail.

• Haha 1

On 01/01/2021 at 23:28, Bentrovato said:

The federal government put Lisa Montgomery to death early Wednesday morning, the first time it has executed a woman since 1953.

She was killed by lethal injection at a federal prison in Terre Haute, Ind. The 52-year-old was pronounced dead at 1:31 a.m., the Associated Press reported.

Montgomery got the death sentence in 2008 for killing a pregnant woman in 2004 and stealing her fetus. The baby survived.

SC

image.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

The federal government put Lisa Montgomery to death early Wednesday morning, the first time it has executed a woman since 1953.

She was killed by lethal injection at a federal prison in Terre Haute, Ind. The 52-year-old was pronounced dead at 1:31 a.m., the Associated Press reported.

Montgomery got the death sentence in 2008 for killing a pregnant woman in 2004 and stealing her fetus. The baby survived.

SC

image.png

Does that make her the third of the five Trump was trying to get executed before he stepped (gracefully) down? 

Notorious pedophile Steven Freeman dead at 66 from COVID.

Former leader of PIE (the Pedophile Information Exchange), a group affiliated to the National Council for Civil Liberties, which at the time was led by the likes of Harriet Harman and Jack Dromey (now Labour MPs) and Patricia Hewitt (former MP).

COVID seems to be ravaging its way through UK prisons. Current MP/Corbynista fan girl and all round nutter Zarah Sultana has requested that prisoners be given priority COVID vaccines now. Unsurprisingly, those demands have not gone down well in her backyard, meeting opposition from both the Government and moderate Labour MPs. Not a bad idea to vaccinate prison staff now mind.

• Like 2