DevonDeathTrip

Life In Prison

10 minutes ago, Exu said:

The stepmother is a more likely bet as she has already been attacked. Don’t think he is worth a thread are other similar criminals given their own thread?

On 17/06/2021 at 23:26, arghton said:

Top 10 longest serving prisoners, according to wikipedia. From the US unless mentioned otherwise. Updated:

71 years - Francis Clifford Smith (b. 1924?) Longest serving prisoner ever. Murder of a nightwatchman during a robbery.

65 years - Walter H. Bourque Jr. (b. ca. 1937-1938) Murdered a four-year old girl with an axe.

65 years - Warren Nutter (b. 1938?) Murdered a patrolman during a gas station robbery.

Warren Nutter has died, in the Fort Madison, Iowa, State Penitentiary. Report puts his age at 84

• Like 3

On 29/10/2021 at 18:00, arghton said:

Yeah, to add some:

Peter Tobin, Robert Pickton, Gary Ridgway all are above 70. Tobin is in poor health, having suffered a heart attack and a stroke in the 2010s and now has cancer. Pickton, Canadian pig farmer who killed 49 women was briefly released in 2019 because he needed urgent medical attention. Two "Freeway Killers" are alive, the other one being octogenarian necrophile serial killer Patrick Kearney and the other one is septuagenarian rapist serial killer Randy Kraft, currently on death row. And the I-5 killer Randall Woodfield, 70-year old former steroid addict. Norwegian nursing home killer Arnfinn Nesset is free, but could be in a nursing home nowadays.

And there's the younger generation (Ian Huntley mentioned in my last post):

Luis Garavito (1957-) A complete monster. Serial killer, pedophile, rapist, necrophile, molester... Killed over 189 people, scheduled to become eligible for parole in 2023. He won't survive a week outside of prison, even in prison he's kept away from other prisoners because he'd be killed immediately. Suffers from eye cancer, very weak and needs daily blood transfusions.

Mikhail Popkov (1964-) Sadistic serial killer. Feels like it's just a matter of time until someone kills him and Alexander Pichushkin (1974-) who will likely leave solitary confinement next year.

Moses Sithole (1964-) ABC murders perpetrator.

Chester Turner (1966-) Southside Slayer. On death row.

Kenneth Erskine (1963-) Stockwell Strangler, without him we would not have gotten 20 hits in 2020.

A couple of observations; why does California even bother sentencing people to death?? People have spent more than 3 decades on there, suspect they will abolish it within the decade. And Columbia really should have learned it’s lesson from the Pedro Lopez debacle…

On 28/08/2021 at 16:18, JustPassingThrough said:

I agree, there is no reason in the actual context of the situation, but that doesn't preclude more cynical, politically advantageous reasons.

In any case, I think there's enough leeway with the timetable here that the Governor doesn't have to act before the recall (September 14) anyway, so he can kick the can down the road for now regardless of what he does.

On 28/08/2021 at 16:18, JustPassingThrough said:

I agree, there is no reason in the actual context of the situation, but that doesn't preclude more cynical, politically advantageous reasons.

In any case, I think there's enough leeway with the timetable here that the Governor doesn't have to act before the recall (September 14) anyway, so he can kick the can down the road for now regardless of what he does.

As you predicted, Gov. Newsom has indeed kicked the can down the road. Will be next eligible for parole February 2023.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jcc said:

As you predicted, Gov. Newsom has indeed kicked the can down the road. Will be next eligible for parole February 2023.

Are we going to get this every single year now until he dies?

46 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Peter Tobin hospitalised after taking ill yesterday.

Aw, FFS, I've wasted dead pool picks in previous years on this perenniel tease and dropped him from every team this year.

On 14/01/2022 at 16:29, Thatcher said:

Peter Tobin hospitalised after taking ill yesterday.

Discharged.

@DCI Frank Burnside, stop It, you are cleaarly jinxing it every time!

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, drol said:

Discharged.

Bible John never dies, only others. :banghead:

16 minutes ago, drol said:

Discharged.

It couldn't have been that bad if he's discharged after just a day.

A friend of our family had a stroke last year, they were in hospital for a week.

Just now, Phantom said:

It couldn't have been that bad if he's discharged after just a day.

A friend of our family had a stroke last year, they were in hospital for a week.

He suffered from a stroke previously. IMO was more precaution than anything else

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

He suffered from a stroke previously. IMO was more precaution than anything else

As had my friend. She's about the same age as Tobin 

Steven Bouquet, the Brighton Cat Killer, has died. No cause of death given, but it was mentioned at his trial last year that he had thyroid cancer which had spread to liver and lungs. 

Obituaries: The Independent

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Steven Bouquet, the Brighton Cat Killer, has died. No cause of death given, but it was mentioned at his trial last year that he had thyroid cancer which had spread to liver and lungs. 

Good.  I hope it was an agonising illness and death.  And I'm not even a cat person.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Arguably a bit of a DDP miss. Certian Obit with knowledge of his health somewhat known.