football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

I've been watching Richard O'Sullivan for a couple of years now. My brother and I have had a personal death list for years and he was on my list for a couple of years in a row and having not heard a peep about him, I dropped him from my list for 2009. Had him as an outsider as all I knew was that he was in a home for retired actors ..... and doing OK. Then I saw an article in one of the papers this week. He looked frail and ready to drop - I was gutted, so he'll be on my list for 2010.

Which newspaper was this article in?

Probably this one...

I've been watching Richard O'Sullivan for a couple of years now. My brother and I have had a personal death list for years and he was on my list for a couple of years in a row and having not heard a peep about him, I dropped him from my list for 2009. Had him as an outsider as all I knew was that he was in a home for retired actors ..... and doing OK. Then I saw an article in one of the papers this week. He looked frail and ready to drop - I was gutted, so he'll be on my list for 2010.

Which newspaper was this article in?

Probably this one...

Serves him right for buying a red-topped tabloid and not the family-friendly Daily Mail.

Auschwitz threatened by decay. Can't say I'm impressed, I mean, if they'd been serious about the 1000 year reich you'd have thought they'd build the infrastructure to last, eh?

Mebbe we should help out by holding DLcon III at the place. Though I'm not sure if they stock a decent range of draft beers, or Lardy's favoured brand(s) of white wine.

Guest Bashung the Bishop

M. Alain Bashung, a big name in French pop since the 60's (several no1 albums, including one last year) is well on his way with lung cancer. Some reports that the disease is in remission, but this tour is expected to be a real 'adieu'.

What about Adolfo Suarez, first democratically elected Prime Minister of Spain. He is 77 and suffers from alzheimers. According to wikipedia back in 2005 he couldn't remember being Spain's Prime Minister.

Ironically, Peter Falk can remember being Spain's Prime Minister.

What about Adolfo Suarez, first democratically elected Prime Minister of Spain. He is 77 and suffers from alzheimers. According to wikipedia back in 2005 he couldn't remember being Spain's Prime Minister.

Ex-Heavyweight boxer Scott LeDoux, who's last professional fight was against Frank Bruno, has Lou Gehrig's Disease...

I'm sad to see that this thread has been so shockingly neglected of late....

Larry Stevenson "The Father Of The Modern Skateboard" is supposed to be in the final stages of Parkinson's Disease...

I'm sad to see that this thread has been so shockingly neglected of late....

Larry Stevenson "The Father Of The Modern Skateboard" is supposed to be in the final stages of Parkinson's Disease...

I thought that was Michael J Fox when he went Back to the Future. :unsure:

Former Indian prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee is in a stable condition in hospital. He has suffered from health problems for years (as evidenced by the fact that he was mentioned in the ideas threads for 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009!) so worth keeping an eye on.

Supreme Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has had surgery for Pancreatic Cancer...

Link

Supreme Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has had surgery for Pancreatic Cancer...

Link

Looks like Obama will get to nominate a supreme court justice sooner rather than later.

Watched a programme on BBC4 last night about Nationwide.

Many were present and correct: Michael Barratt looked OK. Sir Paul Fox, who commissioned the show, less so.

To me he looked to have had a stroke at some point. However it was Frank Bough that interested me.

He's rarely been seen on TV. He seems to have lost that little sparkle in his eyes...

Watched a programme on BBC4 last night about Nationwide.

Many were present and correct: Michael Barratt looked OK. Sir Paul Fox, who commissioned the show, less so.

To me he looked to have had a stroke at some point. However it was Frank Bough that interested me.

He's rarely been seen on TV. He seems to have lost that little sparkle in his eyes...

Hell, I'd forgotten about that coke-sniffing lingerie queen Bough. He's just turned 76 and if my memory - (not greatly dented by coke-sniffing) - serves me correctly, he started the present century by swapping his old cancer-ridden liver for a new one. Deffo one to watch, except he isn't on telly any more.

Princess Lillian of Sweden, 93, has been taken to hospital suffering injuries sustained after falling at home. Princess Lillian was born in Swansea and before marrying in to the royal family, she worked in a radio antennae factory in London.

http://www.thelocal.se/17464/20090209/

im thinking jade goody. this year will be to soon i think but a shoe in for 2010. her cancer has spead everywhere poor girl.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2202357.ece

I think that's "shoo in" Mr. engineer (why do I have this feeling of deja vu?)

Former New York Mets baseball star Roberto Alomar is suffering from full blown AIDS according to his ex girlfriend, who is suing him for having unprotected sex with her.

Been reading a lot about the Manson murders and was surprised to learn that Manson's lawyer, Irving Kanarek is still alive. He's at least 89 (some sources say 91) and he looked at death's door in a documentary from years ago. Not sure if he'd get a UK obit, but you never know.

Emilio Massera, 83, who was prominent leader of Argentina's 1976-1983 military junta, has been hospitalised with heart problems. By an odd co-incidence, last week he was deemed healthy enough to face extradition for the alleged kidnapping, torture and disappearance of three Italians during the dictatorship.