football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

Guest Grave Mistake

I don't think I have ever seen a thread on former Australian Prime Ministers... Here are some leads for you:

Gough Whitlam - born 1916. Looking very old and confined to a wheelchair nowadays. Only PM to be sacked from office. VERY good chance for 2010. :)

Bob Hawke - born 1929. Supposedly reformed alcoholic who has lapsed badly in recent years. Boozy old mess. His ex-wife, Hazel Hawke has Alzheimer's but I don't suppose she would receive a UK obituary.

Malcolm Fraser - born 1930. Seems to be quite active but you never know once they start the approach to 80...

John Howard - born 1939. Someone might still off this racist, war-mongering, divisive, anti-culture, anti-intellectual hypocrite friend of "W". As you can tell, I am not a fan, and neither are most Australians...

Harold Holt - still missing in action, presumed drowned, unless you believe the great Australian urban myth that he was actually kidnapped by a Chinese miniature submarine, in which case he may turn up in Beijing working for the Central Committee of the Communist Party one day soon... :rolleyes:

Some other public figures:

Bill Hayden - former Opposition Leader and Governor-General. Born 1933. Age may be a factor.

Mark Latham - former Opposition Leader. Retired from politics due to life-threatening illness (seems to be pancreatitis) and the fact that he made an enemy of everyone he met.

Lady Flo Bjelke-Petersen - ancient wife of the totally corrupt Sir Joh Bjelke Petersen. Famous for cooking pumpkin scones (should receive UK obit for that!) :rolleyes: Seriously, would receive huge obit here in Australia as Sir Joh was so notorious... She does television ads for a retirement home at the moment and looks very old and doddery, even on the brief commercial.

Paula Wriedt - super-cute little Tasmanian Education Minister had a complete nervous breakdown and tried to commit suicide last year after it was revealed she had been screwing her personal chauffeur... Ended up in the psychiatric ward. Still in a mental mess according to reports.

I know I've covered this ground before but.....

Tamil Tigers now hanging on to the last. Can't say I'm an expert where they're concerned but - presumably - there are a few newsworthy types in the remaining hard core, and if they're not killed outright in the fierce fighting they'll be tried and executed sometime next year.

Or does someone with more detailed knowledge in our regular posters know different?

I don't think I have ever seen a thread on former Australian Prime Ministers... Here are some leads for you:

Gough Whitlam - born 1916. Looking very old and confined to a wheelchair nowadays. Only PM to be sacked from office. VERY good chance for 2010. :)

Bob Hawke - born 1929. Supposedly reformed alcoholic who has lapsed badly in recent years. Boozy old mess. His ex-wife, Hazel Hawke has Alzheimer's but I don't suppose she would receive a UK obituary.

Malcolm Fraser - born 1930. Seems to be quite active but you never know once they start the approach to 80...

John Howard - born 1939. Someone might still off this racist, war-mongering, divisive, anti-culture, anti-intellectual hypocrite friend of "W". As you can tell, I am not a fan, and neither are most Australians...

Harold Holt - still missing in action, presumed drowned, unless you believe the great Australian urban myth that he was actually kidnapped by a Chinese miniature submarine, in which case he may turn up in Beijing working for the Central Committee of the Communist Party one day soon... :rolleyes:

Some other public figures:

Bill Hayden - former Opposition Leader and Governor-General. Born 1933. Age may be a factor.

Mark Latham - former Opposition Leader. Retired from politics due to life-threatening illness (seems to be pancreatitis) and the fact that he made an enemy of everyone he met.

Lady Flo Bjelke-Petersen - ancient wife of the totally corrupt Sir Joh Bjelke Petersen. Famous for cooking pumpkin scones (should receive UK obit for that!) :rolleyes: Seriously, would receive huge obit here in Australia as Sir Joh was so notorious... She does television ads for a retirement home at the moment and looks very old and doddery, even on the brief commercial.

Paula Wriedt - super-cute little Tasmanian Education Minister had a complete nervous breakdown and tried to commit suicide last year after it was revealed she had been screwing her personal chauffeur... Ended up in the psychiatric ward. Still in a mental mess according to reports.

Mods should probably make this a thread.

Mods should probably make this a thread.

Anyone can open a new thread.

G'Day all.

I was pondering some possibilities on another thread when I began to entertain the notion that...

What happens if an entry on the deathlist dies for a fleeting moment, say on the operating table, then is quickly revived and lives out the rest of the year?

Does that individual count as a hit as they were physically dead? or because they are revived it doesn't count?

I know the chances of this actually happening are slim at best but I thought I'd mention my conundrum to the forum.

Also my prediction for this thread is self-proclaimed TV talk to the dead guy - John Edward - but we won't realize this until he starts talking to himself. :unsure:

G'Day all.

I was pondering some possibilities on another thread when I began to entertain the notion that...

What happens if an entry on the deathlist dies for a fleeting moment, say on the operating table, then is quickly revived and lives out the rest of the year?

Does that individual count as a hit as they were physically dead? or because they are revived it doesn't count?

I know the chances of this actually happening are slim at best but I thought I'd mention my conundrum to the forum.

Also my prediction for this thread is self-proclaimed TV talk to the dead guy - John Edward - but we won't realize this until he starts talking to himself. :unsure:

If he's revived he isn't dead and wasn't dead by my reckoning.

G'Day all.

If he's revived he isn't dead and wasn't dead by my reckoning.

A more devastating blow would be the second coming, as in THE Second Coming, followed by the mass resurrection of the god-fearing and rightious members of past deadpools and deathlists.

Ageing multi-millionaire George Caesar seems to have better judgement in business than he does when it comes to his new wife.

Legendary sports commentator John Madden is retiring..

There has been a horrifying number of deaths among quality racehorses lately. I can't help wondering if a jockey is due to join the lists within the next few months. Ironically, when they do die, quite often the accidents take place off the course - Brian Taylor, Derby winning jockey, died in a racecourse paddock.

The odds on a top event rider joining the list must be fairly short, there have been so many deaths in that sport.

There has been a horrifying number of deaths among quality racehorses lately. I can't help wondering if a jockey is due to join the lists within the next few months. Ironically, when they do die, quite often the accidents take place off the course - Brian Taylor, Derby winning jockey, died in a racecourse paddock.

The odds on a top event rider joining the list must be fairly short, there have been so many deaths in that sport.

Apparently, more famous racehorses have died recently than famous celebrities. :unsure:

Heck, the most famous celebrity to have passed away in the last month or so is a pr0n star (Marilyn Chambers)! And yes, I am intimately familiar with that name... :unsure:

Okay, okay, you guys have twisted my arm, enough, I concede. The most famous person to have actually died this past month is Harry Kalas, a legendary sports broadcaster and an admittedly sentimental favorite of mine (so I guess you can deduce where I'm from in America).

Apparently, more famous racehorses have died recently than famous celebrities. :unsure:

Heck, the most famous celebrity to have passed away in the last month or so is a pr0n star (Marilyn Chambers)! And yes, I am intimately familiar with that name... :unsure:

Okay, okay, you guys have twisted my arm, enough, I concede. The most famous person to have actually died this past month is Harry Kalas, a legendary sports broadcaster and an admittedly sentimental favorite of mine (so I guess you can deduce where I'm from in America).

We already knew you were American. It was obvious, mostly because you talk bollocks half the time.

Depends on how you define fame

I would say Peter Rogers was as famous as Harry Kalas, but then again it all depends on when and where you grew up.

I would say Peter Rogers was as famous as Harry Kalas, but then again it all depends on when and where you grew up.

I'd say Sir Clement out trumps them both but with Rogers very close behind. Never heard of the Kalas chap.

The problem with jokeys and other horsey people is that it's just a bit too unpredictable. It's the same as TT riders, there is bound to be the odd death or two but it's almost impossible to know which of the many.

I'd say Sir Clement out trumps them both but with Rogers very close behind. Never heard of the Kalas chap.

The problem with jokeys and other horsey people is that it's just a bit too unpredictable. It's the same as TT riders, there is bound to be the odd death or two but it's almost impossible to know which of the many.

You're more likely to have heard of Kalas if you're from Philadelphia or into baseball.

But yes, I agree that Clement beats them both in terms of fame.

So, of course, that's why my theme team in the CPDP is all horsey people. :unsure:

Hmm

So anyone getting a sniff of first dibs on the next CPDP theme team might line up 10 racehorses. That'd be interesting.

Lady Fiona, The Countess Of The Arran Islands, is now 94 and suffering from advanced Parkinson's disease, she requires twenty four hour care. Her noble status would probably be enough to get her an obituary, but the fact that she was a renowned powerboat racer and was the first woman to go over 100mph on water means she's a cert to get attention from The Daily Telegraph. She also managed to break the world record speed for an electric boat (50mph) when aged 75.

Lady Fiona, The Countess Of The Arran Islands, is now 94 and suffering from advanced Parkinson's disease, she requires twenty four hour care. Her noble status would probably be enough to get her an obituary, but the fact that she was a renowned powerboat racer and was the first woman to go over 100mph on water means she's a cert to get attention from The Daily Telegraph. She also managed to break the world record speed for an electric boat (50mph) when aged 75.

lady fiona? my arse.

I was unaware of Lady Fiona - I must draw her to the attention of my friend "One Less Bullet Come The Revolution". He is currently in France but due back on Sunday.

I'm giving away too much here but...........I don't just have Teddy Bear, I've got the album.

I'd also recommend Tex Ritter's overwrought 1973 reworking of Blood on the Saddle, where he makes like he's throwing up most of the times he sings the word 'blood.' Absolute classic.