football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

I'm gonna go long & guess these 5 people for next year.

Clint Eastwood

Jim J Bullock

Jack LaLanne

Lark Voorhies

Gene Wilder

I'm gonna go long & guess these 5 people for next year.

Clint Eastwood

Jim J Bullock

Jack LaLanne

Lark Voorhies

Gene Wilder

I very much hope your wrong about Clint Eastwood, I think he's one of the few famous people that I will feel sad about when his time comes.

Clint Eastwood picked up his oscar for Million Dollar Baby not so long ago and thanked his mum - who was in the audience - for his 'good genes.'

2010 might be a little soon for him.

Clint Eastwood picked up his oscar for Million Dollar Baby not so long ago and thanked his mum - who was in the audience - for his 'good genes.'

2010 might be a little soon for him.

Do we think his mum would get an obit? Purely famous for spawning Clint, but would definatley be old enough to drop at any minute i presume.

Do we think his mum would get an obit? Purely famous for spawning Clint, but would definatley be old enough to drop at any minute i presume.

Forget about it.

She died in January 2006, aged 97. Link of sorts

Ulitzer... Robert Carr was doing quite well the last I heard.. not so sure about some of the others though - Freeman's not been mentioned much lately.

The Wikipedia page of weightlifter Naim Süleymanoğlu, who won three Olympic titles and broke forty six weightlifting world records, says that he is in hospital after suffering a heart attack. This rather brief article says that "alcohol had damaged his lungs and liver, and his heart was functioning on only forty percent of its capacity."

Is there any posts about Asa Briggs? I'd like to put him on my 2010 list as I get given assignments on his work all the time. He's quite famous as a historian, I have to reference his work all the time and he would get an obit in The Gaurdian or something, maybe not on the bbc or anything mainstream. Hes in his late 80's though and quite overweight.

I didnt want to start a new topic as I keep suggesting people who are dead, or those that have already been mentioned by somebody else. Also, don't know how many people even know him.

Came across a report by the BBC on the last war-time MP, Ernest Millington (93).

He is the last remaining MP elected prior to the 1945 election (post-war), of which there are four remaining former MPs.... Millington, Michael Foot (95), John Freeman MBE (94) and Francis Noel-Baker (89).

Millington has just died according to the BBC.....

American undercover agent Jay Dobyns, the author of the bestselling "No Angel: My Undercover Journey to the Dark Heart of the Hells Angels", is living in fear of violent retribution from angry bikers. He's given an interview about his experiences, his future doesn't exactly look promising.

Dobyns had counselling and has found a form of catharsis in writing the book, but he knows that the Angels won't rest until he and his family are murdered, preferably painfully.

Dobyns is beside himself that the ATF didn't investigate the fire in his home further than establishing that it was caused by arson. Their answer to the welter of death threats he has received over the past five years – the Angels are understood to have subcontracted his killing to the Aryan Brotherhood and the fearsome Salvadorian mafia MS13 – is to continually move him and his family. "They're scared of these guys (the Hells Angels]," he concludes. "They've abandoned me, and it stinks."

Not sure if anyone mentioned her, but after Fridays show on her. Farrah Fawcett. Sad, but it doesn't look good.

Not sure if anyone mentioned her, but after Fridays show on her. Farrah Fawcett. Sad, but it doesn't look good.

There's a thread, just down there, all of her very own.

There appears to be a problem with your signature. The system overrides comic sans whenever possible. Offenders are usually sent to correctional facilities. Unfortunately the odd one seems to escape.

Bree

Guest Tossed Dwarf

straitjacket.jpg

That's the bugger that tossed me.

Iraqi cleric Abdulaziz Hakim, who has been mentioned several times before on DL and is a DDP pick, is back in hospital in Iran receiving further treatment for his lung cancer.

So we can rub Lesley Ash off the long-list then. Unless she fancies a little more 'rough sex' with Lee Chapman.

Hello

I am shocked and appalled that Zsa Zsa Gabor is not in this year's list. Difficult to believe but she is still alive and on husband number nine. Surely time she was reconsidered for the list Mr Reaper.

Mr Stats

Welcome back Mr Stats :banghead: .

Frank McCourt, the author of "Angela's Ashes", is suffering from melanoma. :banghead:

Raymond Hewlett, 64, the convicted paedophile who is currently under investigation for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, is suffering from throat cancer.

Raymond Hewlett, 64, the convicted paedophile who is currently under investigation for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, is suffering from throat cancer.

So.........he's croaking.

Aye, that one's MY coat.

Wig wearing Labour MP Ian McCartney has announced he will not be contesting the next election because of "health problems"...

Ken Buchanan, apparently considering a return to the ring - despite being 64 next month - because of financial problems. You'll note his record already indicates the triumph of ambition over good sense, he shipped punishment and took a string of defeats in his thirties, but he kept on boxing for a few years.

It's hard to see any reputable organisation giving him a serious shot at anythnig, but some desperate bunch may just licence the oldster for a bout.