football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

Not sure about fame, or about survival prospects, but musician Squingy is gravely ill, with a terminall illness, it seems.... Looks young, so could be worth a few DDP points :skull:

Not any more - he's dead.

Anyone else not understand a word of that link?

Selector, someone who plays oeuvres of a musical nature that have possibly been recorded onto a flat circular object. No horses are ridden in this process however I think some pidgins tried to put on a few airs and graces for the purpose of said article with little success.

Historian Dame Judith Binney, one of New Zealand's finest scholars, has suffered serious head injuries after she was hit by a truck.

I suppose the list is already complete but if there is a slot left I would like to nominate Mitch Miller, I don't think he has been on the list previously.

Winston Churchill, the grandson of Winston Churchill, is facing his own battle with cancer. He is undergoing medical tests in New York and when asked about the cancer he replied “It’s not a road I want to go down and discuss, I’m afraid.” And on my radar that means his showdown ain't far down the narrow road of time. :D

Long overdue update on the health of Winston Churchill. He is receiving chemotherapy for prosate cancer. As discussed here before, chemotherapy is only used in cases of prostate cancer if the condition is very advanced or has spread elsewhere.

Winston Churchill, the grandson of Winston Churchill, is facing his own battle with cancer. He is undergoing medical tests in New York and when asked about the cancer he replied “It’s not a road I want to go down and discuss, I’m afraid.” And on my radar that means his showdown ain't far down the narrow road of time. :D

Long overdue update on the health of Winston Churchill. He is receiving chemotherapy for prosate cancer. As discussed here before, chemotherapy is only used in cases of prostate cancer if the condition is very advanced or has spread elsewhere.

Good spot Devon. "The constant gardener" or "The gardener who cares" seem to be ways to describe you. The issue with prostate cancer is that it's been very treatable in the passed decade. We'll never have Genghis Khan or John F Kennedy or Napoleon Bonaparte on our DDP teams, but we might have a Winston Churchill. It's just that I can't help but remember names like Mike Soper and Riad Seif who were in the advanced stages and still are. What about the beat poet Edwin Morgan? He's certainly exceeded all expectations. Abdelbaset Al Megrahi is still alive and Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo has been terminally ill for longer than somebody can be. Allegedly he's been existing in agony for years.

American broadcaster Bryant Gumbel is suffering from lung cancer. "I'm OK for the time being" he says...

American broadcaster Bryant Gumbel is suffering from lung cancer. "I'm OK for the time being" he says...

Sounds good...I'll buy.

Want an inside pick without any public backing evidence in the press...William Schatner. The best look is to watch Schatner's Raw nerve. First 10 minutes with Regis that premiered just premiered. Chemo...Lung cancer...just throwing words out

Texas guitarist Ally McErlaine is critically ill in hospital after suffering a brain haemorrhage. I'm not a big fan of Texas, but I remember him from his pre-Texas days when he hung around the same nightclub and pubs in Glasgow as me. I hope he recovers from this but it isn't looking good.

Recovering, but slowly.

Kathryn Joosten, better known to TV audiences as Desperate Housewives‘ Mrs. McCluskey, has lung cancer :)

She had the tumour removed in October and has no radiation or chemo. I guess that's a good thing? :huh:

Kathryn Joosten, better known to TV audiences as Desperate Housewives' Mrs. McCluskey, has lung cancer :)

She had the tumour removed in October and has no radiation or chemo. I guess that's a good thing? :huh:

Maybe good for giving up.....?

Guest Florian

Johannes Heesters. He has been a continental favorite for years and according to the US Social Security Statistics, a person of 106 years has a 51.3% chance of not making it for another year. Source: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html

Kathryn Joosten, better known to TV audiences as Desperate Housewives‘ Mrs. McCluskey, has lung cancer :)

This should be a good candidate for the DDP for next year.

The Perez Hilton blog says that country music legend Loretta Lynn is "fighting for her life" after a severe bout of flu. Lynn's daughter says her mother is "feeling great" and planning a trip to her home in the Bahamas over the holidays. :evil2:

Here's a couple of terminally ill people that I considered for my DDP team, but they missed the cut, due to obituary concerns. So I thought I'd share them just to see if anyone else fancies taking a chance.

Paul Vincenzi, 72, the husband of best-selling author Penny Vincenzi, is suffering from two brain tumours. "I am not in pain, but the Sword of Damocles is upon me", he helpfully tells us.

Margaret Moth, 58, New Zealand born CNN camerawoman of some repute, is dying of breast cancer and living out her days in a hospice. When she was working in Bosnia, she was shot in the face, but returned to work a few weeks later. I just can't see her getting mentioned in UK press when she leaves us, but a CNN obit is assured, which I know counts in some other deadpools.

Fortune will favour the brave in next years DDP, someone should take a gamble on them.

I feel that, after 26 years, it's about time that Postman Pat dealt with some serious issues to give preschoolers a good grounding in handling bereavement. I shall be writing to CBeebies to express this sentiment, and on the strength of this suggestion I'm nominating Mrs Goggins, who must have been about 85 when the show first started. Or maybe Alf Thompson will meet with an unfortunate farming accident.

Come to that, how old must Jess be now...?

Perhaps I've started on the mulled wine too early this morning.....

Guest WEP
Johannes Heesters. He has been a continental favorite for years and according to the US Social Security Statistics, a person of 106 years has a 51.3% chance of not making it for another year. Source: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html

The German Television "Das Erste" broadcasted a portrait about him today. It was called "Legenden" (Legends), which is a very popular TV-series about famous people. Marlene Dietrich was on it as well as Marilyn Monroe and JFK.

Mr. Heesters and his daughters appeared in the documentary, he is (not just nearly, but really) blind, spoke confusing and was more interested in a cigarett than in the interview. His wife told us that "We do not think about the death!" and his daughter (who will turn 80 in 2011!) confirmed: "My father wants to die on stage! With applaus!"

All that seems more exciting, after the tv-broadcaster published in their press release that this will be "Johannes Heesters' last interview!" He is a very fascinating person, but I don't know, how long he will stay that...

Funny - thats about the same chance of survival I give myself at the start of each year.

But then I'm a morbid fucker.

I'd take a coin flip when I'm 106.

Sara Payne is looking like a gimme for the new year.

Complications after brain surgery!

DWB :wub:

I think this is one of the few cases that I would feel really guilty for picking for my list. Just because I feel so sorry for her. Losing a daughter is bad enough. Then a divorce. Then her own Dad dying too. Can't help but wish her good health rather than 'gamble' on her demise?

I suppose this is not the place for slushy sympathies, and I also realise the nature of this list isn't HOPING and WANTING people die merely predicting when.

What's everyone's opinions on 9/11 terrorist

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

Is he a good pick? He'll probably be sentenced to death, but will that happen within the 2010 year?

Edited by Magere Hein
Posts merged -- MH

I'm looking for opinions on 9/11 terrorist

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/11/13/k...l-new-york.html

Is he a good pick? He'll probably be sentenced to death, but will that happen within the 2010 year?

I'd resist that temptation. Even if he'd be sentenced to death, he'll probably live many years doing appeals and general waiting on death row.

regards,

Hein

Sara Payne is looking like a gimme for the new year.

Complications after brain surgery!

DWB :wub:

They've got her stable so she's unlikely to die right away, or even in 2010 if they get on top of the bleeding. So - all told - she might just provide an exciting alternative to the vegatable dishes on Christmas Day, or summat.