football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

Singer Vic Chesnutt isn't showing much festive spirit. He's in a coma after attempting suicide. :wub:

Singer Vic Chesnutt isn't showing much festive spirit. He's in a coma after attempting suicide. :wub:

Perhaps he'll be a chestnut roasting on an open fire by boxing day??

TV football presenter Ray Stubbs is in hospital after falling ill while hosting today's Liverpool vs Wolves match.

Guest Mulled Wine Madness

Singer Eydie Gorme is very ill.

The festive mood of this holiday season has been tempered in the many

Leibowitz-Gormezano households (Steve & Eydie's family birthnames) by

a disturbing revelation: Aunt Eyd, who has not been in the best of

health in recent years and no longer tours with her love and partner

Steve onstage, has been in and out of hospital and medical facilities

in November and December having numerous tests after malignent tumours

were discovered on her pancreas, liver, and elsewhere. Her prognosis

is not good, with the cancer inoperable and no options for treatment.

She is relatively young -- only 78 (that's for the benefit of public

information...but truth be told, Eydie Gorme in reality is 81...back

in the day, it was common for entertainers, especially women, to trim

a few years off their real ages in their celebrity bios!).

That is the 2nd most informative Mulled wine of the season.

Andree Peel - I read about her in the Guinness Book of World Records that Youngest Lard received for Christmas, and thought she might make a good pick. Alas, I have already submitted my team, but my generosity knows no bounds so thought I would share her with you.

Andree Peel - I read about her in the Guinness Book of World Records that Youngest Lard received for Christmas, and thought she might make a good pick. Alas, I have already submitted my team, but my generosity knows no bounds so thought I would share her with you.

Is she sick or just old?

Is she sick or just old?

The only information I can find is that she's old, but at almost 105, on the law of averages she must be due to go fairly soon.

Is she sick or just old?

This, AC is what's known as looking a gift cadaver in the mouth.

Is she sick or just old?

Hey now. As it says in post #544...

"Johannes Heesters. He has been a continental favorite for years and according to the US Social Security Statistics, a person of 106 years has a 51.3% chance of not making it for another year. Source: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html"

So if a person of 106 has just under a 50% chance of making it another 12 months, someone 104 must have a slightly better chance. Now- 50% is nothing to sneeze at, but it's good to know the percentages when putting a team together. Lots of people make it to 112 (well, maybe not "lots," but definitely some).

Is she sick or just old?

Hey now. As it says in post #544...

"Johannes Heesters. He has been a continental favorite for years and according to the US Social Security Statistics, a person of 106 years has a 51.3% chance of not making it for another year. Source: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html"

So if a person of 106 has just under a 50% chance of making it another 12 months, someone 104 must have a slightly better chance. Now- 50% is nothing to sneeze at, but it's good to know the percentages when putting a team together. Lots of people make it to 112 (well, maybe not "lots," but definitely some).

Bollocks to you then, I'll keep my mouth shut next time :(

My tips for 2010 are;

Sir Sean Connery

Baroness (Margaret) Thatchter

Tony Booth (actor/father-in-law of Tony Blair)

Gerald Ford

Sir Jimmy Young

....and hopefully the Labour Party! :rolleyes:

My tips for 2010 are;

Sir Sean Connery

Baroness (Margaret) Thatchter

Tony Booth (actor/father-in-law of Tony Blair)

Gerald Ford

Sir Jimmy Young

....and hopefully the Labour Party! :rolleyes:

1) Gerald Ford is already dead

2) Tony Booth and Sean Connery are "only" in their mid-late 70s so this doesn't exactly fit them into the top criteria. Plus there have been no major reports corresponding to their health (although Connery has had minor things in the past like a chipped shoulder and cataracts done, nothing too serious)

3) Despite Jimmy Young's advanced age, again there is nothing to suggest he is in poor health and may slip off soon

4) Thatcher is a hit or a miss. But please don't refer to her as Baroness, she doesn't deserve the air she breathes, never mind a peerage

and 5) Try doing some research first next time

That is the 2nd most informative Mulled wine of the season.

Well, their own web site says she is not going to be performing on the four dates in Feb' as originally planed and I've looked for other news - but found little. Maybe just famous enough (Emmy, Grammy, wiki page, nndb page & 10 picks on Rotten.com already) but I must confess I've never heard of her. Not my bag. Maybe if Twelvetrees knows of her?. But even with the age dispute I guess all her numbers add up to being a top 10 pick, but then if she gets no obits????

The above is a toughie, despite her having brushed the UK top five light years back I'm not sure of her UK obit chances now.

She's on borrowed time, mind, and would easily get the kind of obit coverage suitable fo Deathrace points.

The above is a toughie, despite her having brushed the UK top five light years back I'm not sure of her UK obit chances now.

She's on borrowed time, mind, and would easily get the kind of obit coverage suitable fo Deathrace points.

Oh, hang on, she's just passed the Mother-in-Law test - and I've been corrected in how to say her name!

Yeah, I've heard of her, not that I could recognise her or name any of their songs. It was the sort of stuff that used to be on the radio while my mum was cooking the Sunday lunch when I was v v young.

The Irish finance minister, Brian Lenihan, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Judging by the tone of the article, he will likely survive to at least 2011 - but you never know.

Given the state of the Irish economy, he will likely get some mention if he dies.

The Irish finance minister, Brian Lenihan, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Judging by the tone of the article, he will likely survive to at least 2011 - but you never know.

Given the state of the Irish economy, he will likely get some mention if he dies.

His people are saying that they won't make a statement about its severity until the new year. Don't these people have any consideration for those of us trying to make a profit off of put together lists predicting their deaths?

Good Morning.

RadarOnline.com can exclusively report that Poltergeist star Zelda Rubinstein is dying and it has been estimated that she has only a short time left to live. The petite actress, who played the medium in the 1982 Steven Spielberg blockbuster and it’s sequels, has been hospitalized for over a month at Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. RadarOnline.com has learned the sad news that Rubinstein, 76, has been taken off of life support following the failure of two of her major organs.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009...aring-last-days

... taken off of life support following the failure of two of her major organs.

She might not see Friday, methinks.

She might see a few substitutes used as the teams start to rattle into the respective inboxes.

She might see a few substitutes used as the teams start to rattle into the respective inboxes.

I could pencil her in and kill her off in next to no time