themaninblack

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

4 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Is there a thread for industrial music? I thought about putting it in the pop thread but I wouldn't consider them a pop group.

No there isn't, closest is probably the Highway to Hell/Rockers thread.

• Like 1

Just now, FixedBusiness said:

No there isn't, closest is probably the Highway to Hell/Rockers thread.

So I believe this thread is the most fitting, also considering she is somewhat of a LGBT icon...

• Like 1

First openly gay US politician elected to statewide office, Ed Flanagan, dead at 66:

http://www.vnews.com/First-openly-gay-lawmaker-elected-to-a-statewide-office-dies-13541009

Also first openly gay candidate from the two big parties for the Senate.

He never quite recovered from a car crash in 2005. 

Henry Badenhorst, co-founder of Gaydar, has died aged 51. In 2006 he was named the 3rd most influential gay person in the UK by The Independent on Sunday. His business partner (and personal partner until 2006), died back in 2007.

Ben Barres, a prominent neuroscientist who was transgender, has died at age 63 of pancreatic cancer.

Barres died Wednesday, 20 months after his cancer diagnosis, according to a press release from Stanford University, where he was a professor.
Barres’s research established the importance of glial cells, collectively known as glia, which make up nine out of 10 brain cells that aren’t nerve cells but were once dismissed by scientists as insignificant. 

Barres and his team made discoveries regarding the role of certain glial cells in such degenerative disorders as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s diseases; multiple sclerosis; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig’s disease; and glaucoma. He once called this “the most important discovery my lab has ever made.”

A very interesting and brilliant man.  Don't get a lot of females transitioning to male, so here's one.  He speaks about it in a video attached in obit.
SC

On 18/8/2017 at 16:56, Toast said:

In my day 'tranny' meant a cross-dresser.  

Funnily enough I saw a bloke wearing a dress in Sainsburys the other day. 

I saw a woman yesterday in the local co-op wearing trousers. You just never can tell.It's everywhere

This place is getting overrun with Phantoms.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, even Pink News didn't mention her death in a mention of the case. I dispute this "widely known" theory. :lol::lol:

A dutch lesbian couple has to cancel their "multiple marriages in multiple countries" "art" project because one of them, Julian P. Boom, has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/cancer-shatters-gay-marriage-dreams-artist-duo-161552490.html

I can't declare her the "Cas Willow of 2019" because she won't make it.... the Cas Willow of 2018?

29 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

Gay rights activist and actor Matt Palazzolo has died at the age of 33 following heat stroke which he suffered whilst hiking in Australia.

Should have brought along some water.

• Like 2

Comedian and writer Bob Smith has died from complications of ALS.

The comedian is best known for being the first openly gay male comedian to star in his own 30-minute special on HBO, which he did in 1994, and to perform on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bob-smith-pioneering-gay-comedian-writer-dies-at-59-1076420

A dying woman and her partner were the first same-sex couple to legally marry in Australia, it has been revealed.  After the nation redefined its marriage law in December, Jo Grant and Jill Kindt obtained an exemption from an official waiting period.  Ms Grant died from cancer on 30 January, less than seven weeks after marrying Ms Kindt. They had been together for eight years.

"Jo and I got to be legally married for 48 days - I'll take that," Ms Kindt.

SC

And the article STILL doesn't mention Cas Willow.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

And the article STILL doesn't mention Cas Willow.

What's your problem, you almost sound like you want to get your hands right over the poor womans dead corpse and check if she was really a lezza you sick bastard

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

What's your problem, you almost sound like you want to get your hands right over the poor womans dead corpse and check if she was really a lezza you sick bastard

How would I know that by looking at her corpse?

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

How would I know that by looking at her corpse?

Re-read the post, did I mention looking?

Well, how did you imagine I would go about trying to find it out?

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

Poor womans (sic) dead corpse scored as many points as Deathray in 2018 Cup.

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Now goddamit.....I almost posted in Law & Order, went with Suicidal Celebs.  Never thought it was posted here.  Apologies, but you don't deserve to post it if you couldn't come up with 'he was a flamer' or a 'flaming homo' or whatever.  It was SO obvious you are banished from posting until you prove yourself worthy of proper 1-liners.

SC

Edit -- I see Roey posted too.  Same goes for him.   

• Like 1