themaninblack

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

7 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Thank you. I have seen many debates and heated squabbles on social media between gay men , lesbians and  transmen and transwomen on these very issues of if they still belong in the same category or group. 

As someone who is queer I approve of this thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank you. I have seen many debates and heated squabbles on social media between gay men , lesbians and  transmen and transwomen on these very issues of if they still belong in the same category or group. 

Well I suspect the rainbow flag was around before most of 'em were born.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Well I suspect the rainbow flag was around before most of 'em were born.

Yes and no!A fair number of them are older gay men 45 upwards who now argue they do not want to be grouped with trans .The debate on both sides can get rather vicious and passionate to say the least!

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:
Not sure if this is the right thread as some people might object to trans related news in a gay thread

Just tag it with an ever-increasing string of letters :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Yes and no!A fair number of them are older gay men 45 upwards who now argue they do not want to be grouped with trans .The debate on both sides can get rather vicious and passionate to say the least!

Well this soon to be 62 year old bona queen of fabularity think they are cunts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Just tag it with an ever-increasing string of letters :rolleyes:

People then mistake it for an Icelandic volcano.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Well this soon to be 62 year old bona queen of fabularity think they are cunts.

Be careful!Some of the femminists and younger folk on Twitter would berate you with a vengeance and a big sermon for using a slang word for female genitalla as a way to insult another person!Some would class it as very sexist and misogynistic...

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Be careful!Some of the femminists and younger folk on Twitter would berate you with a vengeance and a big sermon for using a slang word for female genitalla as a way to insult another person!Some would class it as very sexist and misogynistic...

Don't be such a dick.

;)

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

It's a pity they don't berate people who name their daughters Jenny Taylor. Go to freebmd and look.  :lol:

• Haha 1

It's a good thing she was a brilliant legal mind.  I'll assume she was unlucky at poker too.

Philip Schofield has come out as gay. Well, I'm sure you are surprised as I was.

Which was not at all.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Philip Schofield has come out as gay. Well, I'm sure you are surprised as I was.

Which was not at all.

Friend of mine who worked for The Met told me he was a known gay over 30 years ago (presumably caught cottaging but I don't actually know that for certain).

So it's sad that he's felt the need to live a lie for the last 30 years and it might have been news to his wife and kids but he has know all his adult life.

Apparently somebody said on mumsnet 'Bloody hell!! It'll be Julian Clary or Rupert Everett coming out next!' :D

• Haha 4

In other shock news, Eamonn Holmes has come out as fat.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Friend of mine who worked for The Met told me he was a known gay over 30 years ago (presumably caught cottaging but I don't actually know that for certain).

So it's sad that he's felt the need to live a lie for the last 30 years and it might have been news to his wife and kids but he has know all his adult life.

Apparently somebody said on mumsnet 'Bloody hell!! It'll be Julian Clary or Rupert Everett coming out next!' :D

Somebody mentioned on here, some time ago, that he was known to have his boyfriend around, on set, while recording This Morning.

The least surprised about this news will be Gordon the Gopher who had a fist up his arse for the duration they worked together.

• Haha 3

Considering I have a crush on people who come out as gay men, this doesn't surprise me. Though I understand why he went into a relationship with a woman considering if he came out while as a children's TV presenter 25+ years ago he wouldn't have a career right now. There would have been parents sending in complaints about how he was corrupting children etc.

Want an example - Look up Michael Sundin. He was a Blue Peter presenter who came out as gay and the press destroyed his career. Few years later he died of AIDS.

2 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

The cynical might wonder if some tabloid wasn’t getting ready to out him.

I am cynical then as my first thought was 'What have the tabloids got on him?' Count me as another who wasn't surprised at all to hear that he is gay, but I am surprised he has come out if that makes sense. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Considering I have a crush on people who come out as gay men, this doesn't surprise me. Though I understand why he went into a relationship with a woman considering if he came out while as a children's TV presenter 25+ years ago he wouldn't have a career right now. There would have been parents sending in complaints about how he was corrupting children etc.

Want an example - Look up Michael Sundin. He was a Blue Peter presenter who came out as gay and the press destroyed his career. Few years later he died of AIDS.

There are countless celebrities out there, many very well known, that we know fuck all about.

We do not know whether they are gay, straight,  married, dating, divorced etc.

If you are gay you are gay, why the fuck is there this absolute need for a celeb to 'come out' and burden the rest of us with information that is of no interest whatsoever.

I am certain that there are some very well known celebrities out there who are gay, live gay and shag gay, in their private lives, which they keep out of the way of their public life.

It is not impossible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

I am cynical then as my first thought was 'What have the tabloids got on him?' Count me as another who wasn't surprised at all to hear that he is gay, but I am surprised he has come out if that makes sense. 

Well here is the thing Handy, you suspected he was gay, I suspected he was gay, 87.2% of the public suspected that he was gay....but his wife didn't.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well here is the thing Handy, you suspected he was gay, I suspected he was gay, 87.2% of the public suspected that he was gay....but his wife didn't.:rolleyes:

Pretty sure his wife knew something was up or he was at least bisexual. Maybe she just wanted to remain ignorant for her children and/or not upset the status quo.

8 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Pretty sure his wife knew something was up or he was at least bisexual. Maybe she just wanted to remain ignorant for her children and/or not upset the status quo.

Or more likely, not.

• Haha 6