The Miser

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber Has Cancer

World renowned composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it has been revealed.

The 61-year-old star is undergoing treatment and expects to return to work within a couple of months.

A statement issued by his spokespeople said: "Andrew Lloyd Webber has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

"The condition is in its very early stages.

"Andrew is now undergoing treatment and expects to be fully back at work before the end of the year."

Edited by Magere Hein
Moved to new topic
  • Like 1

According to BBC News he is in the early stages of Prostate Cancer, a good bet for 4 or 5 years time then.

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, 61, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it has been disclosed. His spokesman said in a statement that the condition was currently in its very early stages. "Andrew is now undergoing treatment and expects to be fully back at work before the end of the year," it said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8324689.stm

Edited by Magere Hein
Moved to new topic

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber Has Cancer

World renowned composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it has been revealed.

The 61-year-old star is undergoing treatment and expects to return to work within a couple of months.

A statement issued by his spokespeople said: "Andrew Lloyd Webber has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

"The condition is in its very early stages.

"Andrew is now undergoing treatment and expects to be fully back at work before the end of the year."

Beat me by a minute.

BBC link

According to BBC News he is in the early stages of Prostate Cancer, a good bet for 4 or 5 years time then.

Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, 61, has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, it has been disclosed. His spokesman said in a statement that the condition was currently in its very early stages. "Andrew is now undergoing treatment and expects to be fully back at work before the end of the year," it said.

Already posted in the Ideas and possibilities thread

Already posted in the Ideas and possibilities thread

To be fair both posted at 1.17pm (CET). ALW is firmly on the Kerry Katona side of my two lists of pelebs, as in those I wouldn't mind hearing less about.

^That's a bit harsh!

Phantom Of The Opera is one of the best musicals of all time, likewise with cats and Evita!

yeah, he's a very creepy looking guy, but he is talented.

^That's a bit harsh!

Phantom Of The Opera is one of the best musicals of all time, likewise with cats and Evita!

So am I, except I'm not talented :devil:

^That's a bit harsh!

They may well be some of the best musicals of all time however as far as musicals are concerned the bar isn't placed very high. You may have guessed that musicals are not in my top 10(0) musical genres, I am no friend of Dorothy.

Given his face looks like he's permanently ejaculating, this surprised me!

Maybe he is permanently ejaculating.

Given his face looks like he's permanently ejaculating, this surprised me!

Maybe he is permanently ejaculating.

Not if he has prostate cancer.

I wouldn't bet on 4 - 5 years. Prostate cancer is highly survivable when caught early, and even when it isn't most forms are extremely slow growing.

Looks like the Phaaaaa-ntom of the Opera is there, beside his balls

Looks like it has come back.

Looks like it has come back.

Could you please add a link or at least cite your sources? :)

A quick google search on 'Andrew Lloyd Webber cancer' revealed no recent news, but I didn't wanna dig very deep into the interwebs, so I might have missed something.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3477869/Where-press-baron-celebrate-wedding-Rupert-Murdoch-new-bride-Jerry-Hall-hold-private-ceremony-Fleet-Street-church-St-Bride-s-day-officially-tied-knot.html

From this mayhap - you have to scroll down a fair bit. Lardy just thinks it's his natural FMS (Face melt syndrome) - but he's lost a skip load of weight and would blend right in in me dad's oncology unit.

Well, his prostate was removed the last time he had cancer, so this time it should originate somewhere else.

Well, his prostate was removed the last time he had cancer, so this time it should originate somewhere else.

Well, even if the prostate itself was removed, that doesn't give him complete immunity from recurrence/metastases. But if the prostate was removed more than 5 years ago, it should be something else.

However, I'm not entirely convinced that he is ill at all. Sure, he is gaunt and his face is very ugly - but has it ever been pretty?

I've got a suspicion his cancer may have come back. He was given a "special award" at the Tonys last week, and he received a Special Recognition award at the Classical Brits the other day. One honorary award is normal, but two in a week?

38 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I've got a suspicion his cancer may have come back. He was given a "special award" at the Tonys last week, and he received a Special Recognition award at the Classical Brits the other day. One honorary award is normal, but two in a week?

Possibly. However if anyones going to get two recognition awards it's Lloyd Webber.

29 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Possibly. However if anyones going to get two recognition awards it's Lloyd Webber.

What, one for Lloyd and one for Webber?

• Like 1