Godot

Is The Deathlist Dying?

considering I only joined the forum in april it's a bit unfair to accuse me of chasing people away from the forum over the past year don't you think?The mos t likely reason for a forum to be losing members is established members failing to welcome new ones in my experience.I think thats a really sad reflection on human nature

Well you're obviously annoying but hardly a full-scale troll who would have driven vast numbers of regular posters away, IMHO.

considering I only joined the forum in april it's a bit unfair to accuse me of chasing people away from the forum over the past year don't you think?The mos t likely reason for a forum to be losing members is established members failing to welcome new ones in my experience.I think thats a really sad reflection on human nature

Well you're obviously annoying but hardly a full-scale troll who would have driven vast numbers of regular posters away, IMHO.

Please compare my detractors quota of off topic posts compared to mine.I rest my case

It seems a lot lot longer...

Johnny Cashs old backing group the Tennessee Two has just become the Tenessee One with the death of Marshall Grant

edit: actually its the Tennesse None because Luther Perkins iis also dead

You do wonder whether this continual ineptness is deliberate...

I used to be (still am) actually on a message board where one of the sub-forums was dedicated to this massive, large-scale trolling operation that involved a group of maybe 10, 15 users each setting up four or five fake Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, whatever accounts to create the impression that there was this 50-strong community of people who already existed, then they'd slowly drag actual real people into their imaginary world and start fucking with them. Getting them to fall in love with people who don't exist, wire money for problems that nobody has, start fights with their actual irl friends, and so on and so forth. There's actually a vaguely notable piece of Facebook "FAIL" internet virality that's actually one of their pieces of trolling.

TL;DR - I know some guys whose dedication to trolling sees them spend maybe 20 hours a week talking to strangers and flipping between a variety of fake online personae all for the purpose of "lulz." And even they aren't as dedicated to this level of high-tier trolling as notaguest.

He/she/it is the DL's Japanese knotweed/Leylandii/grey squirrel, slowly strangling a tiny, delicate ecosystem. It's all rather depressing.

The likes of honez, CR, BS, CP, ATJ, STTG, DTTG, CO, FF, BB, Josco, Mono, DWB, Pooka, Bou, GR, TH, HoS, Gunjaman, SC, Millwall32 and IE+ may not have all vanished specifically on notaguest's account in the past year or so, but it's surely symptomatic of the sad decline.

Sorry for whingeing, it's only a website, I know.

Only a website yes Harry, but a pretty good one, or it was, and mostly due to the contributions of some sparkling posters who have bowed out or pass by infrequently these days. Places like this always need new blood but too much of the new stuff is a bit thin and lifeless and it's not just Notaguest who I agree does seem to be attention seeking rather like Glasgow David and his strange goose-shooting story which I'm sure was utter bollocks but it was fun to play along with him until it wasn't.

I wonder if part of the problem is all the competition around these days - Facebook, online games, YouTube, Twitter etc. None of this stuff used to exist.

Please compare my detractors quota of off topic posts compared to mine.I rest my case

No-one has accused you of chasing people away over the past year. In fact HarryMac points out that its not just you. And surely, if the problem was that established members were failing to welcome new members, it would be the new members who'd disappear, not the old ones.

Your total of 'off-topic' posts may well pale into insignificance compared with those of your detractors, but you are averaging over 3 posts per day, many of which while 'on-topic', are not all that relevant. All this wild speculation that Zsa-Zsa will die 'soon', Maggie will die 'in less than three years' etc, is just witless. It appears to be posting for the sake of post-whoring. I did suggest that all your posts be directed to Twitter, as you seem to like that style - saying precious little in as few words as possible, as often as possible.

Quality not quantity.

BTW, what happened to that break you were going to take?

I'm going to go back to doing whAt this forum is meant to be about and post that someone quite famous has died

If I said I have decided to stop posting on the forum and leave you all to it would you all be really ecstatic?

If I said I have decided to stop posting on the forum and leave you all to it would you all be really ecstatic?

I certainly wouldn't be sad.

You may only have joined in April, but you were posting as a guest for far longer than that and only joined after being asked to. I see you have clocked up a massive 386 posts in exactly 4 months of being a member. That's nearly a quarter of the total amount of posts I have made in 6 1/2 years of being a member. 40 of your said posts have been made since you announced you were off on your summer holidays a fortnight ago and wouldn't be posting for a while.

I agree with what others have said, you are not solely responsible for established members vanishing but you have certainly contributed to this exodus.

This used to be a lively place to visit, where you could always find an interesting or amusing post. I used to log in every day and, more often than not, join in some general debate on a thread. Now I struggle to find something I can reply to once a month. It is all very depressing.

and that's all my fault is it? Maybe I'm also responsible for the global economic crisis !

and that's all my fault is it? Maybe I'm also responsible for the global economic crisis !

Get over yourself.

To quote LG:

I agree with what others have said, you are not solely responsible for established members vanishing but you have certainly contributed to this exodus.

I wonder if part of the problem is all the competition around these days - Facebook, online games, YouTube, Twitter etc. None of this stuff used to exist.

I probably don't have any authority to speak about why all those established members have gone missing. But I at one time was a frequent poster here (sometimes posting way to much like notaguest is probably doing now) an I can explain why I stopped posting frequently here. I got bored with the site... the fact that I wasn't in time to mail my DDP-team and that the Deathlist seemed to be on a drought, gave me little motivation to stick around... When a famous celebrity dies like Taylor and Winehouse I still find myself coming back to the site and sometimes posting stuff... But even then I can't seem to stick around for to long...

Depends, are you a banker?

Depends, are you a banker?

One letter out.

You mean he's a baker?

Congratulations.You've got what you want.I'm quitting.Life's too short for silly arguments on the internet.Have a nice life everyone!

Congratulations.You've got what you want.I'm quitting.Life's too short for silly arguments on the internet.Have a nice life everyone!

Seriously. Nobody cares.

As I said before - get over yourself.

....until he comes back again!

You may only have joined in April, but you were posting as a guest for far longer than that and only joined after being asked to. I see you have clocked up a massive 386 posts in exactly 4 months of being a member. That's nearly a quarter of the total amount of posts I have made in 6 1/2 years of being a member. 40 of your said posts have been made since you announced you were off on your summer holidays a fortnight ago and wouldn't be posting for a while.

This used to be a lively place to visit, where you could always find an interesting or amusing post. I used to log in every day and, more often than not, join in some general debate on a thread. Now I struggle to find something I can reply to once a month. It is all very depressing.

God its like inviting the gatecrasher to the party... :)

In notaguest's defense it could be worse...we still could have that galah Bob Bloblah hanging around.

Dear me, I've almost forgotten how to use this site. The search facility, however, is still worse than useless which is quite comforting.

We need more of this sort of thing happening in my opinion. Cherie was a quality troll contributer. I wonder how she is?

I quite like a few of the new posters (and I consider anyone posting after 2006 to be "new", mind) but time is limited. FB has been pared right down and Google+ ignored almost as soon as I joined it because I am so horribly busy.

Thanks for the mention in the missing hall of fame though Harry :)

Guest Guest
I'm going to go back to doing whAt this forum is meant to be about and post that someone quite famous has died

Thats what you dont get, you idiot. The forum was always more than just about posting the deaths of people, it could never have survived and been viable for so long if it was just about Dead people!

It was a place of fun, debate, banter and everything that you are not.

Even some of the newer "established posters" nice enough as they are, are hopeless wordsmiths and lack any kind of personality that makes what they say and what they think interesting.

You are a complete tool and are fucking up this place because twats like you encourage twats to come here in the same way that a fly eating a dog turd will surely attract other diners.

Never mind "civil liberties" if the mods here had the balls they would bite the bullet and ban you for the greater good of mankind, or summat.....

Thats what you dont get, you idiot. The forum was always more than just about posting the deaths of people, it could never have survived and been viable for so long if it was just about Dead people!

Even some of the newer "established posters" nice enough as they are, are hopeless wordsmiths and lack any kind of personality that makes what they say and what they think interesting.

You are a complete tool and are fucking up this place because twats like you encourage twats to come here in the same way that a fly eating a dog turd will surely attract other diners.

Never mind "civil liberties" if the mods here had the balls they would bite the bullet and ban you for the greater good of mankind, or summat.....

Why not post under your real identity? :)

Guest Guest

he's allready left the forum anyway u twat

Yeah, sure.

regards,

Hein

Mods, can we get an IP check on that last post?