totenkopf

Edward Woodward

How about actor Edward Woodward. B. 1930. Suffered a heart attack a few years ago...

Which reminds me of a "joke" I heard a while back...

How would one pronounce Edward Woodward if the "D's" were silent?

Ehwahwoowoo.

Kind of stupid, but blazingly funny after consuming copious amounts of alcohol in a pub.

Or what do you call a man carrying 3 planks on his head....

How about actor Edward Woodward. B. 1930. Suffered a heart attack a few years ago...

Ehwahwoowoo.

Kind of stupid, but blazingly funny after consuming copious amounts of alcohol in a pub.

Edward Woodward dead = deadwood?

Guest Guest

Ehwahwoowoo.

Link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8362367.stm

Ehwahwoowoo.

I was never a fan of his so I'm looking at his death as a chance to check out how Roy Dotrice looks in any funeral pictures.

Ehwahwoowoo.

I was never a fan of his so I'm looking at his death as a chance to check out how Ray Dotrice looks in any funeral pictures.

After some great and memorable roles, I can't help thinking its a pity that some people will only remember him for his part in Deadenders. I think I'll watch my 'Callan' DVDs later.

It's what being a legendary actor and then going into Eastenders does to you. All those cockneys shouting, can't be good for anyone's health

Why does (did) Edward Woodward have so many d's in his name?

Because otherwise he'd be (have been) Ewar Woowar!

Inappropriate you say?

I'll be going then.

Must have been something I ate.

Sorry.

DWB :sicktherm:

today it was said... that edward woodward is brown bread. Now off to bed.

this is my first post... too chessy? gorgonzola or leicester red?

Edward Woodward - dead

Edward Woodward

Edited by Magere Hein
Topic consolidated -- MH

I thought I'd check further on his father-in-law Roy Dotrice - not literally, I've no idea where he lives (unlike Woodward who infamously had the South West Coastal Path redirected away from his property at Hawker's Cove to "protect his privacy"!).

The 86 year old former "Clochemerle" star is appearing in a production of "White Christmas" at the Lowry in Salford from November 27th onwards, and is still refreshingly active in theatre and film. His IMDB bio also mentions that he "considers one of his greatest achievements as introducing baseball to the Royal Shakespeare Company into what had been a cricket stronghold. In 1959 the actor pitched for his classically-trained team that included at first base, Paul Robeson (Othello); second base, Sam Wanamaker (Iago); third base, Laurence Olivier (Coriolanus), short stop, Peter O'Toole (Shylock); Charles Laughton (Lear) plate umpire and Albert Finney his catcher.". Quite a line-up! :sicktherm:

Goodbye Edddie.

I guess he couldn't wait to join his flock from his last Earthly film, 'A CONGREGATION OF GHOSTS....,,<<<<click on the link>>>> where he portrayed the Righteously Revered Reverend Billy Saul.....um, no, wait.....he portrays Reverend Frederick Densham. The film is based on the real life travels and travails of Freddy.

I personally loved him in The Eaualizer, and American television series where he was the tough talking, man of action with a caring heart as Robert McCall.

And now a tribute to the dear man....

And now brothers and sisters and others, please join me in singing (given his last character)

Freddie's dead,

That's what I said...

Oh yeah, almost forgot........I liked him in Breaker Morant as well although that movie left me a little grizzled.

On behalf of all Edwards wolrdwide may I take this opportunity to thank Mr Woodward for giving fuckwits the false impression they're being both amusing and clever by repeating your name in 'funny' voices in front of us.

Good on ya Eddie.