Octopus of Odstock

Derby Dead Pool 2010

The Kid was followed by the Squid, but now it's the turn of the.. er... er... The Man In Black!

Further from my email today, give TMIB your support & next year's game will be open soon. Keep an eye on the website & your inbox for more details....

Congratulations OoO and Mrs OoO and best of luck to TMIB for taking over.

Yes, three way congratulations to Mr and Mrs OoO and to our new DDP leader.

Congratulations to all involved, OoO, Mrs. OoO, the future OoO Jr., and TMIB! I shall continue to look forward to submitting 20 names for the DDP! And also a big frosty mug (or, as below, entire swimming pool) of beer to congratulate OoO on all the hard (and excellent) work he's done with the DDP during his tenure!

289158.jpg

Congratulations OoO, you will now be entering the ranks of people with permanent bags under their eyes and no money :) And good luck to MIB too :)

Congratulations to all involved, OoO, Mrs. OoO, the future OoO Jr., and TMIB! I shall continue to look forward to submitting 20 names for the DDP! And also a big frosty mug (or, as below, entire swimming pool) of beer to congratulate OoO on all the hard (and excellent) work he's done with the DDP during his tenure!

289158.jpg

Ooh, beer, a spa and a threeway. Must've been one hellluva holiday CP.

The Kid was followed by the Squid, but now it's the turn of the.. er... er... The Man In Black!

Further from my email today, give TMIB your support & next year's game will be open soon. Keep an eye on the website & your inbox for more details....

If you could send some details to me I would appreciate it.

I keep making recomendations fro the main list (admitedly always suggesting the same 2 or 3 people) and they are always ignored so I'm definetly going to do the DDP this year.

Huge thanks to you, Mr.O for all your superlative efforts over the past few years.

May the new arrival have the correct & appropriate number of legs (I'm guessing five?) and quickly develop a healthy fascination with all things deathlist.

I keep making recomendations fro the main list (admitedly always suggesting the same 2 or 3 people) and they are always ignored so I'm definetly going to do the DDP this year.

Cheers guys & gals.

Millwall, best thing to do is either PM TMIB with your email & he can send you an entry form or email/PM me. I say this because the server was so stupid last year, I think emailed entry forms are going to work better, so it might be best to go down that route.

Sometimes I think I've run the DDP for 20 years, not 2 but that's only because it's so time-consuming. Nonetheless, I shall miss running it, but I hope to be more competitive as a player in 2010.....

Well - Well. Congratulations are due to OoO & Mrs OoO on the news of the upcoming birth of your first child in March. Wise ideas to let someone else run the DDP. Those early months are like four-fold more hectic and you really need all your free time to be available for your new family member. Thanks for your splendid efforts these last two years. Thanks for those new rules you instigated and brought to the pool which made quite an impact. Very well done, and all my best for your 2010.

PS. Got any ideas for baby's name yet?

PPS. Should we start a poll?

So to themaninblack, I wish you well in the year ahead in holding all the DDP together. I'm sure you will be a fine administrator of what is probably the best deadpool in the world.

Well - Well. Congatulations are due to OoO & Mrs OoO on the news of the upcoming birth of your first child in March. Wise idea to let someone else run the DDP. Those early months are like four-fold more hectic and you really need all your free time to be available for your new family member. Thanks for your splended efforts these last two years. Thanks for those new rules you instigated and brought to the pool which made quite an impact. Very well done, and all my best for your 2010.

PS. Got any ideas for baby's name yet?

PPS. Should we start a pole?

Hi Ali,

Thank you.

PS All decided, but we don't know the sex of it yet...

PPS You can do, but I have a feeling I might be at an advantage with guessing the name... :)

Cheers guys & gals.

Millwall, best thing to do is either PM TMIB with your email & he can send you an entry form or email/PM me. I say this because the server was so stupid last year, I think emailed entry forms are going to work better, so it might be best to go down that route.

Sometimes I think I've run the DDP for 20 years, not 2 but that's only because it's so time-consuming. Nonetheless, I shall miss running it, but I hope to be more competitive as a player in 2010.....

will do

Ock-

Let me add my thanks to you for your excellent work in running the DDP. I also wish you and your wife a happy and healthy little octopus. Thanks also to Blackie for taking up the reins.

Congratulations to Octopus Of Odstock and his partner. The anticipation must fill you with the kind of excitement that is nearly indescribable. I think a baby boy will be born on March 22 2010. I don't know anything about the weight or height of the child so don't ask me.

I was hoping you would hold the position until death but living up to such a responsibility will be hard when your up all night. I think you'll be a role model to TMIB and any other future DDP organizers who will come and go with the years. I wonder how TMIB will manage the DDP with only two arms and two legs? Hmm. Well, I'm sure he'll figure it out. The Man In Black has been here ever since I have and if I ran the DDP, I would have chosen him as my successor too.

I tip my cap to the both of you.

And I raise my glass.

Congratulations to Octopus Of Odstock and his partner. The anticipation must fill you with the kind of excitement that is nearly indescribable. I think a baby boy will be born on March 22 2010. I don't know anything about the weight or height of the child so don't ask me.

I was hoping you would hold the position until death but living up to such a responsibility will be hard when your up all night. I think you'll be a role model to TMIB and any other future DDP organizers who will come and go with the years. I wonder how TMIB will manage the DDP with only two arms and two legs? Hmm. Well, I'm sure he'll figure it out. The Man In Black has been here ever since I have and if I ran the DDP, I would have chosen him as my successor too.

I tip my cap to the both of you.

And I raise my glass.

Thanks Banshees. TMIB has all the qualities to run this, and most importantly, he hasn't a baby on the way! So, I have every faith he'll do a good job. Otherwise, I'll be down on him like a ton of bricks! :P:skull:

Thanks for all your support guys and gals.

Before I start the ball rolling for 2010, I'm going to test the water with a proposal for an extra bonus point situation.

It would be called 1st and last and it would be a 2 point bonus for any hit on January 1st and/or December 31st.

If most of you think it's a good idea then I'll put it in, but if you think its bobbins, I'll leave it out.

Also, if any of you have any suggestions/issues for me to ponder over either for next year or beyond, then let me know...

Before I start the ball rolling for 2010, I'm going to test the water with a proposal for an extra bonus point situation.

It would be called 1st and last and it would be a 2 point bonus for any hit on January 1st and/or December 31st.

If most of you think it's a good idea then I'll put it in, but if you think its bobbins, I'll leave it out.

Also, if any of you have any suggestions/issues for me to ponder over either for next year or beyond, then let me know...

I'm all for anything that can give me extra points, seeing as I'm so shit at this game. I had a cracking start to the year, but it all went so horribly wrong. Damn those fakers Jade Goody and Wendy Richard.

I like the idea of your "first and last" bonus, but why not make it payable also on the first and last hits of year in case no hits happen on the said dates. Oh and give it a higher number of points, 2 sounds a bit tight, how about making them double points situations?

I like the idea of your "first and last" bonus, but why not make it payable also on the first and last hits of year in case no hits happen on the said dates. Oh and give it a higher number of points, 2 sounds a bit tight, how about making them double points situations?

TMIB & RA.

The person idea is a good one, but it can't be done easily on code. (TMIB, you'd need to add an extra column & put time of death & it all gets a bit messy, a bit like the previous suggestion you had - remember what RK and I said)

But the points can be increased, that's easy to change.....

Agreed, an end of year bonus should be bigger, just like Man U scoring 2 goals in extra time to win some tin pot trophy leaving it all to play for etc.

Merely suggestions but how's about a bonus if your chosen celebrity dies in Derby or for that matter in a pool (20 of Barrymore's nearest and dearest should about do it).

Probably a much rarer occurence, bonus for picking someone to die that will have an obituary but not a Wikipedia page (prior to 2010 to stop bitter rivals creating pages after the A-Z goes public).

Probably a much rarer occurence, bonus for picking someone to die that will have an obituary but not a Wikipedia page (prior to 2010 to stop bitter rivals creating pages after the A-Z goes public).

That's a rule for the CPDP, having a Wiki page doesn't count & never has counted for the DDP, so they can make as many Wiki pages as they like & DDP Towers will just shrug its shoulders.

Again the code probably rules that & the pool death out, but the Derby bit might be possible.... I can look at that.

Sorry, I'm being a bit of a naysayer-type nitpicking boring prat, I know but I know which rules will work with that code & which won't.....

That's a rule for the CPDP, having a Wiki page doesn't count & never has counted for the DDP, so they can make as many Wiki pages as they like & DDP Towers will just shrug its shoulders.

Again the code probably rules that & the pool death out, but the Derby bit might be possible.... I can look at that.

Sorry, I'm being a bit of a naysayer-type nitpicking boring prat, I know but I know which rules will work with that code & which won't.....

Ah, you've not quite understood. Irrespective of whether the magic code will work what I meant was a bonus for managing to choose someone who is famous enough for a national obit but escaped the anal radar such that nobody has made a wikipedia page for them. Which considering the amount of crap on wikipedia would probably be virtually impossible. So objective is NOT to have a wiki page.

Good luck to TMIB as he runs 2010 from effectively now!

By the way, I only recieve emails going into the 2009 aspect of the email address, not the 2010, so I have no idea of who is entering whom or what.... Just so I don't get called a cheating bastard when I finish =150th in 2010! :D:(

I'm actually against this bonus... I feel that the game should be determined more on skill of choice than random events (accidents and overdoses excepted)... after all, a person who picks several troubled young actors who overdosed shouldn't be ranked lower than someone who picks a bunch of cancer-ridden oldsters who happen to die at the "right" time. Of course I'm being a bit hypocritical given the CPDP rules, but overall I feel that the more random events you have, the more likely someone is going to get edged out for no other reason than they died on an arbitrary date.

Just entered the first few teams of DDP 2010!

So we're off and on our way.

I've entered my team as one of the first, for reasons of integrity. (Its a slightly different one than the one I tested OoO BTW!)

One or two interesting new celebs so far....