Octopus of Odstock

Derby Dead Pool 2010

Well, here's mine, for what it's worth..

They're Dead, Y'Know!

Abdelbaset Al Megrahi

Jose Alencar

Bob Block

Stefano Borgonovo

Liz Carse

Laurent Fignon (JOKER)

Sir Paul Fox

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Kristin Hallenga

Richard Hoggart

Ian Holm

Dennis Hopper

Stephen Lewis

Penny Marshall

Donald Neilson

Jack Rollins

Lord Snowdon

Adolfo Suarez

Gore Vidal

Adam Yauch

Bob Block the Rentaghost guy? I thought about him too but there's not that much info out there on him. I went for Bob Godfrey instead but that was mostly to piss off an ex friend who now wants to get in touch again so I feel a bit guilty.

To OoO Gil Taylor I was in two minds about, he did look pretty frail when Paul Merton interviewed for his Hitchcock thing earlier in the year but then again he's still coherant so who knows. I've only ever claimed to be a mediocre player at best.

Interesting, Handy, I wondered if someone would pick Gilbert Taylor - always on my radar, but never quiet close enough to make the top 20.

Sorry for the delay in naming my team - I had no idea who I put in!

Having found it the team was:

Dr. Willie Stanton JOKER

Dennis Hopper

Simon MacCorkindale

Dora Bryan

Donald Nielson

Yitzhak Shamir (he'll be on there for ever....)

Ernie Harwell

Basil D'Olivieria

Abdelbaset al Megrahi

Edwin Morgan

Laurent Fignon

Sir Norman Wisdom

Victor Mears

Ronnie James Dio

Brian Flowers

Raymond Hewlett

Sid Caesar

Savvas Andrea

David Wynne

Luis Echverria

Less unique picks than before I think, but I might have sneaked in three I hope. For obvious reasons, a much stronger team than the last few years - or at least I hope it is...

Victor Mears is an interesting pick, do you know something?

Well, here's mine, for what it's worth..

They're Dead, Y'Know!

Abdelbaset Al Megrahi

Jose Alencar

Bob Block

Stefano Borgonovo

Liz Carse

Laurent Fignon (JOKER)

Sir Paul Fox

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Kristin Hallenga

Richard Hoggart

Ian Holm

Dennis Hopper

Stephen Lewis

Penny Marshall

Donald Neilson

Jack Rollins

Lord Snowdon

Adolfo Suarez

Gore Vidal

Adam Yauch

Bob Block the Rentaghost guy? I thought about him too but there's not that much info out there on him. I went for Bob Godfrey instead but that was mostly to piss off an ex friend who now wants to get in touch again so I feel a bit guilty.

To OoO Gil Taylor I was in two minds about, he did look pretty frail when Paul Merton interviewed for his Hitchcock thing earlier in the year but then again he's still coherant so who knows. I've only ever claimed to be a mediocre player at best.

That's ironic because it was a toss up between Bob Block and Bod Godfrey! Luckily for us we chose the right way and have (i think) guaranteed a unique pick for both of us...

Zelda's birthday was yesterday I think. That would be a lot of early points to anyone who was patient enough to wait on submitting til the last few days.

When do we get to see the celebrity and team lists? Did anyone pick Jenn Lyon or Joe Jackson other than me?

Did anyone pick Jenn Lyon or Joe Jackson other than me?

I didn't know you were famous enough to be picked. Are you ill?

Zelda's birthday was yesterday I think. That would be a lot of early points to anyone who was patient enough to wait on submitting til the last few days.

When do we get to see the celebrity and team lists? Did anyone pick Jenn Lyon or Joe Jackson other than me?

All in good time...

Urr why isn't anything showing up? All I can see a blank Pages

Because it hasn't been uploaded. Be patient, things like this take time.

Guest Guest

It takes a while, twatty.

It takes a while, twatty.

Harsh. But fair.

He has cancer, liver disease & is fatter than Marlon Brando & James Corden put together. Sounds a good mix to me, plus he's a bastard.

He has cancer, liver disease & is fatter than Marlon Brando & James Corden put together. Sounds a good mix to me, plus he's a bastard.

Ahh, so its not the people hes ripped off caught up with him then? Or is that covered in the 'hes's a bastard' sub-clause?

Also posted at the Nederlandse Dead Pool-thread, but as this is somewhat of a niche, I'll post it here too.

Johan Ferrier, the 99-years old first president of Suriname passed away last night (Dutch newssource). Three DDP-teams picked him last year, even as his obit-chances in the UK are slim.

Also posted at the Nederlandse Dead Pool-thread, but as this is somewhat of a niche, I'll post it here too.

Johan Ferrier, the 99-years old first president of Suriname passed away last night (Dutch newssource). Three DDP-teams picked him last year, even as his obit-chances in the UK are slim.

Where did he die. Tomb?

Update: I got it, it was Oegstgeest. According to Wikipedia he died on 4th January, but I'm putting the 3rd until it's confirmed.

Little update:

59 teams have been loaded so far, already with some interesting choices.

As a wheeze I will build up to the unveiling of the new compettion by doing a countdown of 2010's most popular picks

in the manner of the BBC website's music survey of up and coming music stars, The Sound of 2010.

This will be The of Dying of 2010

464 teams are loaded and almost ready to play. The big reveal is almost at hand...

The Dying of 2010 are the ten most popular DDP picks and we start off with Number 10 who is...

zsazsa2.jpg

Zsa Zsa Gabor

The Hungarian, multi-married mistress turns 93 in just a few weeks, so plenty of time to get another wedding in!

464 teams are loaded and almost ready to play. The big reveal is almost at hand...

The Dying of 2010 are the ten most popular DDP picks and we start off with Number 10 who is...

Excellent. I wonder if you'll have it up by the 7th?

On Zsa Zsa Gabor: I think she'll keep Von Anhalt married for a while.

Excellent. I wonder if you'll have it up by the 7th?

On Zsa Zsa Gabor: I think she'll keep Von Anhalt married for a while.

Should think so. Mind you I have a little problem generating the pages which I've just emailed Octopus about. Hopefully it'll be a minor problem...

DDP 2010 should be on it's way in the next 24 hours or so. Just tidying up a few database issues..

In the meantime I'll continue the countdown with the ten most popular picks..

The Dying of 2010

And at number 9 it's...

22-elizabeth_taylor.jpg

Elizabeth Taylor

A similar pattern in terms of failed marriages, but a somewhat more illustrious career in acting than Ms Gabor.

Nevertheless, the one thing they really have in common is that a lot of people think they're going to croak it this year...

I would just like to say that I'm not replying to MiB's emails not becuase I'm a snob, but because he is probably inundated with emails.

Anyway - I got the email. Thank you. :)

TMIB, give me about 40 minutes & then I'm available for 2 or 3 hours to try & sort the database out if need be. Fingers crossed it works tonight & we're underway!

PS - Ferrier has an obituary if that helps - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries...Remembered.html

Right, make that two deaths to start the year!

Just a couple of tweaks (well, probably more than that) and then hopefully, we should be up and running by tomorrow night...

Alright Lads, Been browsing Deathlist.net for years (not very well admittedly) and never actually realized there was a DDP thread.

Anyway, just been browsing the thread and noticed there's not to much interest in Sara Payne. I thought she may have generated a few picks.

Ive already thanked OoO via email for a great job done and also welcomed TMIB to the helm who appears commited to the difficult job in hand.

Entering my 5th year in DDP and still trying to break the top 40. It may just have happened last year if the pesky Daily Mail would have followed up the Joanne Evans cancer story with her death. No amount of obituary request letters i sent managed to change their mind.

Does anyone know what the team "Gerald Ford Must Die" changed its name to when Gerald Ford..er..died?

Wishing good luck to the players and Bad Luck to the nominees.

Pete

Team: Going Underground

Alright Lads, Been browsing Deathlist.net for years (not very well admittedly) and never actually realized there was a DDP thread.

Anyway, just been browsing the thread and noticed there's not to much interest in Sara Payne. I thought she may have generated a few picks.

Ive already thanked OoO via email for a great job done and also welcomed TMIB to the helm who appears commited to the difficult job in hand.

Entering my 5th year in DDP and still trying to break the top 40. It may just have happened last year if the pesky Daily Mail would have followed up the Joanne Evans cancer story with her death. No amount of obituary request letters i sent managed to change their mind.

Does anyone know what the team "Gerald Ford Must Die" changed its name to when Gerald Ford..er..died?

Pete

Urr... It Changed its name initialy to "Lady Bird Johnson Must Die" but then ofcourse she died and I dont know what happedned after that

Pete

Urr... It Changed its name initialy to "Lady Bird Johnson Must Die" but then ofcourse she died and I dont know what happedned after that

Ha ha, Just looked at the DDP archive and your right!!

He was on to a winner there.