Octopus of Odstock

Derby Dead Pool 2010

Guest WEP
Go on then MIB who is number 2?

I think we all know who number 1 is.

Yes?

Who?

Why did no one on DDP mention the daeth of the renowned Tongan philosopher Futa Helu?

http://www.rnzi.com/pages/news.php?op=read&id=51710

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool201...bs_H.html#heluf

Probably because he is one of the most obscure picks in the history of the competition.

Thanks for letting me know. He goes into the list of the lost and awaits a mainstream British obit...

Chris Eubank?

All my money was on al-Megrahi (2nd) or Biggs (3rd). I really don't know who turned out no. 1. Were there thát many DDP'ers who picked Rubinstein?

The top 10 (according to MIB) thus far:

1. ????????????????????????

2. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

3. Ronnie Biggs

4. Fidel Castro

5. Sir Norman Wisdom

6. Kirk Douglas

7. Ariel Sharon

8. Billy Graham

9. Elizabeth Taylor

10. Zsa Zsa Gabor

Edit: I cheated and checked on the DDP... but it's up to MIB to open the winners envelope.

Chris Eubank?

All my money was on al-Megrahi (2nd) or Biggs (3rd). I really don't know who turned out no. 1. Were there thát many DDP'ers who picked Rubinstein?

2. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

3. Ronnie Biggs

4. Fidel Castro

5. Sir Norman Wisdom

6. Kirk Douglas

7. Ariel Sharon

8. Billy Graham

9. Elizabeth Taylor

10. Zsa Zsa Gabor

Edit: I cheated and checked on the DDP... but it's up to MIB to open the winners envelope.

At a guess I'd say Thatcher is probably the number one pick. I can't think of any other of the usual suspects who has not yet been mentioned, except maybe Michael Foot. My money is still on the milk snatcher though.

Chris Eubank?

2. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

3. Ronnie Biggs

4. Fidel Castro

5. Sir Norman Wisdom

6. Kirk Douglas

7. Ariel Sharon

8. Billy Graham

9. Elizabeth Taylor

10. Zsa Zsa Gabor

Edit: I cheated and checked on the DDP... but it's up to TMIB to open the winners envelope.

At a guess I'd say Thatcher is probably the number one pick. I can't think of any other of the usual suspects who has not yet been mentioned, except maybe Michael Foot. My money is still on the milk snatcher though.

Well, TMIB, who was the number 1?

The Dying of 2010 - Number 1:

margaret_hilda_thatcher_2_thumb.jpg

Margaret Thatcher

50% chose her for the DDP, a popularity rating better than in any General Election!

Margaret Thatcher

50% chose her for the DDP, a popularity rating better than in any General Election!

Its the only time she got my vote ;):bat:

Margaret Thatcher

Tadaaa! I was really hoping for a unique pick here, but I guess it was never to be...

Fess Parker has died on his wife's birthday. Now thats a party-pooper, but do the Parker-pickers get any bonus points?

Fess Parker has died on his wife's birthday. Now thats a party-pooper, but do the Parker-pickers get any bonus points?

Nah, course not. Hopefully he'll get an obit in time for my update on Friday. Also keep your eyes peeled for obits for Dorothy Janis and Evelyn Dall...

At last - an obit for Blanche Thebom, and I finally break my duck. It was becoming embarrassing, quite frankly.

Is it time you updated the History section?

Also I know it must take Months to compleet but when is the innane analysis gonna be put p

or can you atleast reveal the full top 25? I'm aware that i'm getting sligh;ly impatient here but c'mon its nearly may!

Also I know it must take Months to compleet but when is the innane analysis gonna be put p

or can you atleast reveal the full top 25? I'm aware that i'm getting sligh;ly impatient here but c'mon its nearly may!

Running the DDP is a colossal task and TMIB has to balance a life into the equation too. I didn't get the Inane Analysis done until April last year, and that included a holiday to allow some time to devote to it. There's a never ending list of jobs to do and with so many picks and teams now, it takes so much time.

Besides, hardly anyone reads it judging by the feedback. I told TMIB to do it last as he still has photos, the history and everything to update, as well as a busy year death-wise.

You need to thank him that he was willing to take it over, otherwise there might not even be a DDP. It will all be done in time, and there's 8 months left of the year, so be patient.

Considering you can't even take the time to spell correctly or write proper sentences, I'm not surprised you're impatient....

Running the DDP is a colossal task and TMIB has to balance a life into the equation too. I didn't get the Inane Analysis done until April last year, and that included a holiday to allow some time to devote to it. There's a never ending list of jobs to do and with so many picks and teams now, it takes so much time.

Besides, hardly anyone reads it judging by the feedback. I told TMIB to do it last as he still has photos, the history and everything to update, as well as a busy year death-wise.

You need to thank him that he was willing to take it over, otherwise there might not even be a DDP. It will all be done in time, and there's 8 months left of the year, so be patient.

Considering you can't even take the time to spell correctly or write proper sentences, I'm not surprised you're impatient....

I've also had to contend with the unofficial curse of the DDP, namely a new girlfriend! :skull: (she's interested in the DDP BTW) So we should all know the drill as far as that's concerned....

But he's right y'know. Certainly I should try and finish the photos at least (after the initial sweep, I still have N-Z to go for the thorough searches). Inane analysis can actually be done if I get a few hours to do it.

As for the History - blame me for being ambitious. I was planning a root and branch review of the individual teams hits/points as I noticed a few (understandable) inaccuracies. Only a quarter of the way through, but I am keeping track of the all the deaths so far in 2010 on a speadsheet.

But you are going to have to wait for a bit longer. I'm off to Canada from 28th April to 9th May. Busy man, me....:)

I for one am outraged.

Whose idea was it to put someone with a life in charge of the DDP?

:skull:

I've also had to contend with the unofficial curse of the DDP, namely a new girlfriend! :skull: (she's interested in the DDP BTW) So we should all know the drill as far as that's concerned....

But he's right y'know. Certainly I should try and finish the photos at least (after the initial sweep, I still have N-Z to go for the thorough searches). Inane analysis can actually be done if I get a few hours to do it.

As for the History - blame me for being ambitious. I was planning a root and branch review of the individual teams hits/points as I noticed a few (understandable) inaccuracies. Only a quarter of the way through, but I am keeping track of the all the deaths so far in 2010 on a speadsheet.

But you are going to have to wait for a bit longer. I'm off to Canada from 28th April to 9th May. Busy man, me....:)

But surely, now you have a new girlfriend your wrist doesn't ache as much, thus enabling you to do much more typing? :P

Guest WEP

... i'm getting slightly impatient here but c'mon its nearly may!

No. it is not!

My calendar shows mid-April...

As mentioned in the cardinals-thread, Paul Cardinal Mayer (98) has passed away! A unique pick for me at the DDP - provided that he will get a UK-obit...

Haven't found one thus far...

Edit: the 8 points would make me shared no. 14 in the DDP! I'm so excited!

Guest WEP

... i'm getting slightly impatient here but c'mon its nearly may!

Now its really may

As mentioned in the cardinals-thread, Paul Cardinal Mayer (98) has passed away! A unique pick for me at the DDP - provided that he will get a UK-obit...

Haven't found one thus far...

Edit: the 8 points would make me shared no. 14 in the DDP! I'm so excited!

Hmm, no obit yet. His funeral was yesterday, the pope himself attended the service, so I'm sure that at least one serious British news agency should have noticed...

I found obits in American, French, Italian, Dutch, German, Australian and Arab Emirates (?!) media, where is the British one? Surely they could spare a line or two in that massive load of bullsh*t they publish day after day?