Octopus of Odstock

Derby Dead Pool 2010

I'll leave Ohno till next time as she's June...

Fixed. Not gonna lie, made the same mistake first time I saw a photo of him.

It's been one of those days...

It's been one of those days...

You'll be alright, because we're all gonna drink tonight.

Come on, have a drink.

Noticed that you spelled my username wrong when you made me player of the month.

Its not Vaaghied, It's vaagheid (like in apartheid)

This has not been my week...

Also Matt Smith was in my sixth form psychology class and while I can just about cope with him earning millions on a TV show I've never watched, seeing him as your avatar brings on a fit of self-loathing depression in me.

Also Matt Smith was in my sixth form psychology class and while I can just about cope with him earning millions on a TV show I've never watched, seeing him as your avatar brings on a fit of self-loathing depression in me.

Well, while we're name-dropping :birthday2: I used to work in a chip shop with a total knob that was once an extra in Casualty. Beat that!

Urr... Sorry but is it time you have updated the history section?

Urr... Sorry but is it time you have updated the history section?

All in good time. I'm on the verge of completing my review of the entire scoring history of the DDP, covering 14 years and over a thousand teams.

When I'm satisfied over it's versimilitude, then I shall bring forth the update.

Then I'll look at doing the inane analysis...

I see you have Egon Ronay as dying in Bray. He is reported to have died at his home, which would be Yattendon, West Berkshire (the nicer end of the county). :P

I did consider putting him in my team as I was aware he was very frail, but I do try to avoid the 90+ candidates. Did not expect him to be a unique pick, and he wasn't. He will be missed.

I see you have Egon Ronay as dying in Bray. He is reported to have died at his home, which would be Yattendon, West Berkshire (the nicer end of the county). :evil2:

I did consider putting him in my team as I was aware he was very frail, but I do try to avoid the 90+ candidates. Did not expect him to be a unique pick, and he wasn't. He will be missed.

Thanks. I was struggling to find out where he actually died, so Bray was an educated guess.

I'm not sure where Andy Ripley died either...

Just curious for the opinion of someone whos been in the deathpool community much longer...By looking at my current DDP team and standing, what would you say I could expect for the second half of the year?

1. Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi

2. Pope Benedict XVI

3. Algirdas Brazauskas (7 points)

4. Kama Chinen (3 points)

5. Tony Curtis

6. Kelsey Grammer

7. David Hasselhoff

8. Dennis Hopper (7 points)

9. Abdullah Ibrahim

10. Joseph Jackson

11. Kim Jong-il

12. Jennifer Lyon (0 points)

13. Simon MacCorkindale

14. Benny Mardones

15. Nancy Reagan

16. Angela Scoular

17. Sonia Sotomayor

18. Gloria Stuart

19. Margaret Thatcher

20. Lil' Wayne

Times obit for Margaret Delacourt-Smith just in case it's been missed.

It's probably also been mentioned somewhere else but Guillet has an obit from the Telegraph. (1st July edition)

Almost ALL of my deadpool hits have come at a day in the late-20s of a month.

Zelda Rubinstein -Jan 27

Gary Coleman -May 28

Dennis Hopper -May 29

Algirdas Brazauskas -Jun 26

So, Im hoping for one right about now... :nerd:

As mentioned in the oscar-winners-thread: Robert F. Boyle died. A unique pick and 7 points for me! I did not yet manage to find a proper UK obit, but I'm sure one will show up shortly.

Any reference to the death of Paul cardinal Mayer in a UK national newssource would be appreciated as well. It would bring me into the top-50 and it would prove my life to be worth living.

It's been a long time in coming but the Inane Analysis is finally been brought forth to you all...:P

It's been a long time in coming but the Inane Analysis is finally been brought forth to you all...:P

Just think. In another 5 months you will have to do it all over again. :P

Just think. In another 5 months you will have to do it all over again. :P

Quite so. It wont be in August next year, believe me...

With that and the History section fully updated, I can now turn to my main plan for the DDP - a new look...

Do we get to choose which MIDI starts playing automatically when the site loads or do will you be selecting that yourself?

Do we get to choose which MIDI starts playing automatically when the site loads or do will you be selecting that yourself?

This town ain't big enough for two Quanticks, so I shall withdraw mine anon, having less involvement in the incident. Although this post won't make much sense when I've done so.

Still, weak cowardly minds, eh...

If you wanna keep that avatar then I'll just photoshop a spunking cock into mine near his mouth? Should be different enough.

That's expecting far too much from someone of my meagre knowledge of HTML!

That's expecting far too much from someone of my meagre knowledge of HTML!

I've been looking around for some inspiration on the new layout. How about something like this?

Very good - but it must take you a load of time to undertake this task, let alone the rest of the pool.

How about making it necessary next year - if a pick being put forward in the contestants team (to try and use the unique bonus) is not already noted in the previous years competition, that entry also should have supporting data (such as Date of Birth, Nationality, Occupation & simple photo supplied with the entry.