Lard Bazaar

OoO's Baby Spectacular Extravaganza

Well - Well. Congatulations are due to OoO & Mrs OoO on the news of the upcoming birth of your first child in March. Wise idea to let someone else run the DDP. Those early months are like four-fold more hectic and you really need all your free time to be available for your new family member. Thanks for your splended efforts these last two years. Thanks for those new rules you instigated and brought to the pool which made quite an impact. Very well done, and all my best for your 2010.

PS. Got any ideas for baby's name yet?

PPS. Should we start a pole?

Hi Ali,

Thank you.

PS All decided, but we don't know the sex of it yet...

PPS You can do, but I have a feeling I might be at an advantage with guessing the name... :)

We should do a sweepstake on the weight and date.

I guess 17 March, weighing 7 lb 4 oz.

March the 1st, boy called Terry (after JT, also works as a girls name), 7lbs 9ozs.

Well - Well. Congatulations are due to OoO & Mrs OoO on the news of the upcoming birth of your first child in March. Wise idea to let someone else run the DDP. Those early months are like four-fold more hectic and you really need all your free time to be available for your new family member. Thanks for your splended efforts these last two years. Thanks for those new rules you instigated and brought to the pool which made quite an impact. Very well done, and all my best for your 2010.

PS. Got any ideas for baby's name yet?

PPS. Should we start a pole?

Hi Ali,

Thank you.

PS All decided, but we don't know the sex of it yet...

PPS You can do, but I have a feeling I might be at an advantage with guessing the name... :)

I think you should name it after me - as a sign of our solid and undying friendship...

Anyway, congratulations to you and Mrs OoO.

I'll guess 15th March and 7lb 5oz (only because I don't know how much babies generally weigh).

Edit: It will be a boy.

It won't be called Terry, that's for sure. If it's going to have a football name, which it isn't, it'll be called "Quinn Doyle Coppell" but thankfully the missus has decided against that.

I'll play & go 7lbs 8 ozs & born on March 19th. I have no idea when or how much (apart from bloody expensive) it'll be. I am also going to guess it is a girl.

I wonder, being the pedantic sod I am, whether OoO's baby guessing game should be a new thread & the DDP stay open for all DDP related "chat"..... :)

It won't be called Terry, that's for sure. If it's going to have a football name, which it isn't, it'll be called "Quinn Doyle Coppell" but thankfully the missus has decided against that.

I'll play & go 7lbs 8 ozs & born on March 19th. I have no idea when or how much (apart from bloody expensive) it'll be. I am also going to guess it is a girl.

I wonder, being the pedantic sod I am, whether OoO's baby guessing game should be a new thread & the DDP stay open for all DDP related "chat"..... :)

Good idea, you're a mod, do your funky thang :)

Like it said on the DDP tin - at some stage I'll do a summary of entries so far. Just so you know - it's due on the 13th, but my birthday is on the 1st... I was a late baby, Mrs OoO early.

There are no prizes of any sort to be won apart from the right to be smug. Apart from OoO & Mrs OoO who get joy & sleepless nights in equal measure....

March the 21st and 8lbs 6ozs.

Occy, it will be more joy than anything else.

7lb 4 oz, March 20th........and if it's a girl......Mary!

March 16th 8 lb 1. I'm not going to say a name but I'll guess it be traditional rather than wacky.

April 1st, a boy called Octavian, 7lbs 10oz.

Many congratulations to OoO and Mrs OoO. :)

7lb 4 oz, Deborah, March 2nd...

A fine 3.5 kg (7 lb, 11 oz) lass will be born 13 March, I guess. She may well be called Mary.

regards,

Hein

Many congratulations, life will never be the same again, but in a good way..

I'll go for March 1st as that's my birthday, and a girl weighing 7lb 2.

Your lives will never be the same again when she's 13 and you explain that this bunch of cyberspace headcases you hardly knew all took a turn at naming her.

There's a waiting list for most reputable talking therapies, I'd book the session now!

March the 1st (on St David's Day, yay!),

a boy,

obviously you'll have to call him David,

7lbs 4oz

Where do I collect my prize?

Congratulations. :) I'll go March 13, as scheduled, weighing in at 7lb 12oz. It'll be a boy which you'll name Krzysztof.

(Edited. Sorry MH!!)

Congratulations. :) I'll go March 13, as scheduled, weighing in at 7lb 11oz. It'll be a boy which you'll name Krzysztof.

Oi!

regards,

Hein

My money is on March the 18th 7lb 14oz.

And it will be a child. Named Edwin. Or possibly Pickles.

March 21st : 8lb 14oz : Cephalopod

It's Intriguing to see that on a forum where the major theme is based on death and all things associated with meeting ones maker, there is enough room to create a thread based on birth and the miracle of life...

Having never met you personally (and probably never will) - I wish you all the very best.

My bet is March 10th, at a healthy 8lb-even, and you'll name the child after the last celebrity to snuff it before the birth...

To DDT (1st April) & HCW (25th March) I'm thinking that you should ammend your dates.

I was told that if the pregnancy goes on beyond a week, then the mother is booked-in for an induced labour on the due-date plus 10 days. That would be 23rd March and as it's a Tuesday there would typically be plenty of staff on duty. Start at 9am - seven and a half-hours labour. I'll even say 4:32pm, seeing as Honez and Abysmal Granite want in on my bagsy of March the 1st.

March 15, 8 pounds even.

It's Intriguing to see that on a forum where the major theme is based on death and all things associated with meeting ones maker, there is enough room to create a thread based on birth and the miracle of life...

Having never met you personally (and probably never will) - I wish you all the very best.

My bet is March 10th, at a healthy 8lb-even, and you'll name the child after the last celebrity to snuff it before the birth...

I am just praying that's not Bum Phillips :)

To DDT (1st April) & HCW (25th March) I'm thinking that you should ammend your dates.

I was told that if the pregnancy goes on beyond a week, then the mother is booked-in for an induced labour on the due-date plus 10 days. That would be 23rd March and as it's a Tuesday there would typically be plenty of staff on duty. Start at 9am - seven and a half hours labour - I'll say even say 4:32pm, seeing as Honez and Abysmal Granite want in on my first bagsy of March the 1st.

Ah, my dear Ali...

It might be that the doctors due date is wrong. Plus I was 15 days late myself. The maximum is now 14 in our area, but if the due date is right, then the 27th is the latest. But if it's wrong, it could be in April.... So it's up for grabs.

Mrs OoO (or rather, to be precise, Mrs OoO-to-be... shock *unmarried couple!*) is both pleased and a little disturbed. That's just by me, nothing to do with this thread....

When I get 5 minutes, I'll put the latest bets, unless someone kind & bored wants to do it first....