Handrejka

Johnny Hallyday

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

She's 42. People can still be very beautiful on the outside at 42...

Agreed, see Jenna Fischer (From The Office US, I think she's 43 actually but whatever) and Gwen Stefani (who's 47 but looks the same as she did 20 years ago...)

15 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

She's 42. People can still be very beautiful on the outside at 42...

Nobody said otherwise.  What's your point? 

My point was that it is ridiculous to make insinuations of paedophilia when the female involved is 42 years old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Toast said:

Nobody said otherwise.  What's your point? 

My point was that it is ridiculous to make insinuations of paedophilia when the female involved is 42 years old.

Sorry, I was trying to direct that to theoldlady on her actual age, I didn't mean to quote your post. But you definitely made your point very clear. 

• Like 1

The way the photo is airbrushed it makes the female look extremely young. The guy looks ancient. It is just something show-business does, like an inprinting that it is acceptable for extremely 'young' people to be with old men. There are lots of predators out there, and show-biz folk are  trying to make pedaphilia a normal thing. ( Remember in Britain homosexuality was illegal until the 1950s or so - that view was changed by the media. Now they are working on changing societal attitudes on child/adult sex.)

• Angry 1

No, they're really not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theoldlady said:

The way the photo is airbrushed it makes the female look extremely young. The guy looks ancient. It is just something show-business does, like an inprinting that it is acceptable for extremely 'young' people to be with old men. There are lots of predators out there, and show-biz folk are trying to make pedaphilia a normal thing. ( Remember in Britain homosexuality was illegal until the 1950s or so - that view was changed by the media. Now they are working on changing societal attitudes on child/adult sex.)

Do you know what paedophilia means?  It means being sexually attracted to PRE-PUBESCENT CHILDREN.  You are trivialising the word.

Being attracted to post-pubertal teenagers is totally different, and is not unnatural.  It is not paedophilia.  Neither is having a much younger/older sexual partner, which is something that has been going on since time immemorial.

The only people who might be "trying to make paedophilia a normal thing" are paedophiles themselves.

If people insist on re-defining the term 'paedophilia' and change its meaning, what do we have left to describe the much more serious, unnatural and disturbing condition of being sexually attracted to PRE-PUBESCENT CHILDREN? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, theoldlady said:

The way the photo is airbrushed it makes the female look extremely young. The guy looks ancient. It is just something show-business does, like an inprinting that it is acceptable for extremely 'young' people to be with old men. There are lots of predators out there, and show-biz folk are  trying to make pedaphilia a normal thing. ( Remember in Britain homosexuality was illegal until the 1950s or so - that view was changed by the media. Now they are working on changing societal attitudes on child/adult sex.)

Oh shut the fuck up you very stupid old lady.

Really can't stand the whole "acceptance of homosexuality is paving the way for acceptance of wanting to fuck children/animals/what have you" perspective. Only one of those involves two consenting adults.

• Like 10

A minority of left wing activists try to equate the two but it is a shit comparison and rightly pisses off many homosexuals.

Older men have married much younger women for decades.Providing they are dating someone 18 or over i.e an adult it poses no danger at all.A neighbour of mine is 49 and her husband is 77 and they have been together for 20 years and happily married for 17.

By that logic Hugh Hefner Ronnie Wood Joan Collins Barbara Windsor Clint Eastwood  Madonna Tina Turner and Brigitte Macron are all paedos!

I mean Johnny Hallyday is no Bill Wyman or Doug Hutchinson who I would argue are strange.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

A minority of right  wing activists try to equate the two but it is a shit comparison and rightly pisses off many homosexuals.

Older men have married much younger women for decades.Providing they are dating someone 18 or over i.e an adult it poses no danger at all.A neighbour of mine is 49 and her husband is 77 and they have been together for 20 years and happily married for 17.

By that logic Hugh Hefner Ronnie Wood Joan Collins Barbara Windsor Clint Eastwood  Madonna Tina Turner and Brigitte Macron are all paedos!

I mean Johnny Hallyday is no Bill Wyman or Doug Hutchinson who I would argue are strange.

Left wing activists are not the ones against gays.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Left wing activists are not the ones against gays.

I guess it can be both.I meant to say left but both apply.The left more though.

No i don't think that applies to the left at all. Left wing activists are pro lgbt rights and that would mean that the gays leads to pedophila would be presented as positive which it never had been because that argument is against gay rights.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

No i don't think that applies to the left at all. Left wing activists are pro lgbt rights and that would mean that the gays leads to pedophila would be presented as positive which it never had been because that argument is against gay rights.

Some in far left groups such as the NCCL entertained PIE which campared the gay liberation movement to the paedo rights movement.

Basic arseholery doesn't need its own spot on the political spectrum, plenty of them at both ends. And indeed in the middle.

• Like 1

Absolutely but defending paedos does seem to be a position taken by the extremes in the most part.

17 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Absolutely but defending paedos does seem to be a position taken by the extremes in the most part.

Aye, but both extremes, and should be roundly denounced by everyone.

• Like 1

I never said otherwise.

I have merely heard it fron the left more but equally depolarable whether left or right.

*sigh* Let us be absolutely clear. We are all agreed that two consenting human adults of whatever gender who are in love should be equal, right? To equate that with anything other seems to me a great leap.

When I was at university, it was quite clear regarding the major political party's positions on homosexuality - I'm talking about the so-called centre of the 1980s. Thatch saw us as AIDS spreading scum and openly and brazenly denied rights, took away some and actively encouraged her fascist state police to arrest on sight for mere hand holding or kissing in public. The Labour Party quite clearly embraced gay rights as a political sop - their so-called face of minority rights on the face hid an underlying hatred also. After all, they had miners' and steelworkers' jobs to fight for, they weren't exactly forward at opposing Section 28 or Thatch on such rights - if you want to get elected, you don't get into bed with minorities. So it's not a left or right argument.

Things have changed, yes laws have changed. Attitudes less so, I'd say. There are still women who are paid less than men, still people who fear other people for the colour of their skin or their accent, still people who see anything other than their straight line from birth to death via marriage and kids as abnormal, abhorrent and can only lead to the breakdown of society.

On a site where death is our preoccupation, how people get there is nobody's concern. It unifies us all, levels the population at it's most basic condition. So do try and get along, tolerate a bit more and take a deep breath when seeing something outwith your definition of normal as the end of the world.

Imo....;)

• Like 1

So odds on Hallyday making 2018?

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

So odds on Hallyday making 2018?

I think he has a higher chance of making 2018 then he did 3 months ago, since he's preparing for a 2018 tour. 

I'll take a stab at "He's not going on a Summer Hallyday, no more working....ever" in 2018.

Surely most people buying tickets must be thinking will he even be alive then?