Garn2

Brittany Murphy

TMZ are reporting that the actress Brittany Murphy has died of a cardiac arrest at 32. Nobody else is yet... Another MJ?

Her role as Luanne in King of the Hill and Fry's girlfriend in the second Futurama movie were the parts I could match her name to... although I have seen Clueless and Just Married. She was pretty good in all of those, especially as Luanne.

TMZ are reporting that the actress Brittany Murphy has died of a cardiac arrest at 32. Nobody else is yet... Another MJ?

R.I.P Brittany murphy , some are saying she had a drug problem .

She was a very attractive girl. It's really a shame if it's true. One article says that she was recently fired from an upcoming film.

I believe she also had eating disorders.

From Digital Spy:

Brittany Murphy has reportedly died after going into cardiac arrest.

TMZ says that the 32-year-old actress was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

An emergency call was made at 8am this morning from an address belonging to her husband Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles Fire Service said.

Murphy was reportedly taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Hospital but could not be revived.

Looks like this death is going to bring out everyone's inner death hag. There are condolency groups on Facebook already and we've not even had confiration from a reliable source yet.

Guest traceybrett
Never heard of her!

only knew her from film 8 mile eminems girl

I knew her only as the voice of Luanne in King Of The Hill, didn't know she was actually a real actress who was aparently in quite a few films I've seen. Can be very educational this death thing.

• Like 1

I've never heard of her either...

I've never heard of her either. I guess i can consider her the most significant death of this month.

Wonder Who are gunna be the other two in the Trifecta my guesses are Keanu Reeves and Matt Damon but thats just a guess

Can't believe hardly anybody has heard of her... she's pretty famous but then I guess if you haven't seen anything she's been in then you wouldn't know the name. I remember her best from 8 Mile, Sin City and Just Married although she's been in a few other major blockbusters, sad loss but I'm sure the explanations will prevail at some point tomorrow.. I'm guessing her weight was the biggest issue.

Haven't heard of her either.

Hard to think of any other explanation other than drugs.

Sorry nothing else to say at all on her - my mind's a blank.

I saw 8 mile but I don't remember seeing her in it, just remember the rapping and Kim Basinger.

Why the hell is no-one famous dying at the moment?

I'd heard of her, but wouldn't have been able to name any of her films or pick her out of a line-up. 8-mile was on TV a couple of weeks back, so I

must have seen her!

So basically, hardly anyone's heard of her despite being in loads of films.

Conclusion: She didn't exactly exude 'star quality' - a Michelle Pfeiffer/Kim Basinger she aint..

..no wonder her career went down the tubes... :D

Wow, I'm honestly surprised that almost nobody has heard of her....

Unless all of you are being sarcastic. :D

I have definitely heard of her. Not only that, I have seen many of her movies including 8 Mile, Sin City, and Girl, Interrupted. I would describe Brittany as being a solid, if not spectacular actress. She exudes charm and sex appeal, but doesn't really have what it takes to be a true Hollywood A-lister. I have a soft spot for her though and find her appealing due to her cuteness.

It's true that her film and TV careers have pretty much faded in the last few years. Her last notable roles were primarily voiceover work in the animated film Happy Feet and the hit animated TV series King of the Hill. Her last significant live action film role was in Sin City back in 2005. Since then, she has done mainly low budget B-movies and lower tier independent films. In terms of celebrity status, I would probably compare her to Brad Renfro or Jonathan Brandis. Both were promising young actors whose lives were cut short, but their deaths were pretty much ignored by the media (Renfro only received more coverage, ironically, due to Heath Ledger's passing about a week after Renfro's death.) I would say that Brittany's untimely death is receiving pretty much the same amount of media coverage that Brad Renfro received when he passed away.

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of media coverage even in the United States outside of entertainment gossip sites. Sites like TMZ and EOnline are obviously covering Brittany's death extensively, but most other non-entertainment sites don't seem to care. NBC News pretty much gave her a quick five second tribute.

I will miss her though and I find her death to be extremely tragic.

Guest lovebrittney!

she has been in so many movies!

clueless

girl, interrupted

spun

sin city

just married

8 mile

uptown girls

little black book

she did voicework for happy feet

she was the voice of louanne on king of the hill!!

and sooo many more

I believe she also had eating disorders.

She certainly has now. :D

regards,

Hein

Clueless is almost iconic if you are of a certain age group in the States. :D

I am still surprised though my the lack of coverage here because in the early part of this decade she was an "IT" girl actress and she actually the lead of a few Big Budget hits.

I'd heard of her, but wouldn't have been able to name any of her films or pick her out of a line-up.

^ This.

Lovely girl, this is very sad. Seems to be natural causes as far as anyone knows yet.

I wonder if we can expect an opinion from Jan Moir of the Daily Hate? Because as she assured everyone recently, young people don't just die of natural causes.