Garn2

Brittany Murphy

I've never heard of her either. I guess i can consider her the most significant death of this month.

We could consider her the most obscure death of this month, me thinks. Hardly anyone had heard of her, she played in some rather insignificant movies and, though dying at such a young age is always tragic, she'll probably turn out one of those selfdestructive, irresponsible, crappy Hollywood-junkies just as Ledger.

:D

By the way, the fact that her death attracts people with nicks like 'lovebrittney!' (sic!) is certainly promising. Let's bash some hysterically mourning celeb-hunters and end up first page at google! It would lighten up my Christmas holidays.

Guest Random lurker

Clueless was good, but the role that I'll always remember her for is the psychiatric patient in the movie Don't Say a Word - even a lot of people who don't know it was her still remember the scene from the trailer with her character in a hospital bed chanting, "I'll never te-ell!" That clip was the only reason I went to see that movie, in fact, but I actually ended up liking it, and she gave a great performance.

I think she died by suffocation. Have you seen her husband?

She appears to have a touch of the Leslie Ash look about her.

Brittany-Murphy-lips.jpg

I would think after she's cremated she will just have a look of Ash about her.

Guest Guest
I think she died by suffocation. Have you seen her husband?

maybe....

Wow, I'm honestly surprised that almost nobody has heard of her....

Unless all of you are being sarcastic. :D

Nope. never heard of her. Never saw the crap she was in. I did though occasionally watch King of The Hill----but it got a liittle too insipid by season 3. Didn't know she did a voice for a character there though. Has anybody told her cartoon husband LUCKY? How about aunt Peggy and Uncle Henry or Chuck Mangione? Is the dog Ladybug dead as well? How about the Laotian next door?

I have definitely heard of her. Not only that, I have seen many of her movies including 8 Mile, Sin City, and Girl, Interrupted. I would describe Brittany as being a solid, if not spectacular actress. She exudes charm and sex appeal, but doesn't really have what it takes to be a true Hollywood A-lister. I have a soft spot for her though and find her appealing due to her cuteness.
Well now we have you and TMZ having heard of her. Anyone else?

As to her being solid-----well, the rigormortis thing gives way after a time and the body smooths out again (at least a little).

Charm and sex appeal but doesn't have what it takes to be an A-lister in Hollywood? We may never know if she even wanted on since she be dead. Dead as yesterdays news. Dead as the late planet Pluto. Dead as King Of The Hill, her cartoon series which Fox cancelled in September......could it be, she couldn't stand that ultimate rejection, having her voice work ended and she went to shower her last shower......by the way has anyone seen Normie Bates around?

I'm equally concerned that you say you have 'a soft spot for her' and 'find her appealing due to her cuteness'. I must ask, do you always find dead people cute and appealling?

It's true that her film and TV careers have pretty much faded in the last few years.
and now she has as well.

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of media coverage even in the United States outside of entertainment gossip sites. Sites like TMZ and EOnline are obviously covering Brittany's death extensively, but most other non-entertainment sites don't seem to care. NBC News pretty much gave her a quick five second tribute.
Which might give you a clue to how few knew who she was......I guess that makes someone, er, um, uh......Clueless.

Brittany-Murphy-lips.jpg

Drat it all! I was going to submit that dreadful joke! (or were you hinting her ex boyfriend ASHton Kutcher will soon be joining her?)

Unless all of you are being sarcastic. :D

Nope. never heard of her. Never saw the crap she was in. I did though occasionally watch King of The Hill----but it got a liittle too insipid by season 3. Didn't know she did a voice for a character there though. Has anybody told her cartoon husband LUCKY? How about aunt Peggy and Uncle Henry or Chuck Mangione? Is the dog Ladybug dead as well? How about the Laotian next door?

I have definitely heard of her. Not only that, I have seen many of her movies including 8 Mile, Sin City, and Girl, Interrupted. I would describe Brittany as being a solid, if not spectacular actress. She exudes charm and sex appeal, but doesn't really have what it takes to be a true Hollywood A-lister. I have a soft spot for her though and find her appealing due to her cuteness.

I'd heard of her, she was in the only film I've ever walked out of - Sin City.

Shame on you, that was a brilliant film, just goes to show you can't please all of the people ........

Razor

I never saw King of the Hill, but I enjoyed her performances in 8 Mile and Girl Interrupted. I found her charming because she had a distinctive look and voice, not yer typical A Lister. That is, until she succumbed to trout pout. Why on earth do people do that to their lips? :-{-}

(EDIT)

Whatever dude, i don't really give a f*ck. What you feel about Brittany Murphy is how I feel about many 90 to 100 year old British "celebrities" I have never heard of, yet are mourned by many here. I don't give a f*ck if say, some obscure 100 year old person passes away, b/c quite frankly, unless he's someone like Bob Hope, I never heard of him so his death doesn't really impact me.

Unless all of you are being sarcastic. :wub:

As to her being solid-----well, the rigormortis thing gives way after a time and the body smooths out again (at least a little).

Charm and sex appeal but doesn't have what it takes to be an A-lister in Hollywood? We may never know if she even wanted on since she be dead. Dead as yesterdays news. Dead as the late planet Pluto. Dead as King Of The Hill, her cartoon series which Fox cancelled in September......could it be, she couldn't stand that ultimate rejection, having her voice work ended and she went to shower her last shower......by the way has anyone seen Normie Bates around?

I'm equally concerned that you say you have 'a soft spot for her' and 'find her appealing due to her cuteness'. I must ask, do you always find dead people cute and appealling?

It's true that her film and TV careers have pretty much faded in the last few years.
and now she has as well.

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of media coverage even in the United States outside of entertainment gossip sites. Sites like TMZ and EOnline are obviously covering Brittany's death extensively, but most other non-entertainment sites don't seem to care. NBC News pretty much gave her a quick five second tribute.
Which might give you a clue to how few knew who she was......I guess that makes someone, er, um, uh......Clueless.

Brittany-Murphy-lips.jpg

Drat it all! I was going to submit that dreadful joke! (or were you hinting her ex boyfriend ASHton Kutcher will soon be joining her?)

I had no idea who she was. I know the voice of Luanne from King of the Hill. All those movies she was in would not be the type of things I would watch. She was on axiety medication, pain pills ect... She also looked real thin. I heard she had type two diabetes.

• Like 1

I'm under the impression that Brittany Murphy was not all that well known in the UK (or rather, outside the States in general) after all. Fair enough. She has much more name recognition in the US only, despite her relative obscurity in the last few years.

Unfortunately, it does appear that Brittany has had some medical issues which no doubt contributed to her death.

I had no idea who she was. I know the voice of Luanne from King of the Hill. All those movies she was in would not be the type of things I would watch. She was on axiety medication, pain pills ect... She also looked real thin. I heard she had type two diabetes.

I'm under the impression that Brittany Murphy was not all that well known in the UK (or rather, outside the States in general) after all. Fair enough. She has much more name recognition in the US only, despite her relative obscurity in the last few years.

Unfortunately, it does appear that Brittany has had some medical issues which no doubt contributed to her death.

I would say that death generally would be counted as a medical issue, yes.

Okay, so we have 2 people and a television joke machine who have heard of her and one with good sense to exit a bad movie.

(EDIT)

Whatever dude, i don't really give a f*ck. What you feel about Brittany Murphy is how I feel about many 90 to 100 year old British "celebrities" I have never heard of, yet are mourned by many here. I don't give a f*ck if say, some obscure 100 year old person passes away, b/c quite frankly, unless he's someone like Bob Hope, I never heard of him so his death doesn't really impact me.

Yes, I like you too.

As near as I can tell the only people here in the U.S who were fully aware of her and her brief career are a bunch of powdery brained ninnies with nothing to do but go to the multiplex and watch dull movies with insipid cretins attempting to act with botoxed lips and tushes. She was not a good actor, even her voice work in King of The Hill was bad. I dreaded her character appearance because the lines were clearly being read. No emotion, no anything. She sucked sucked sucked as an actor. The reason anyone cares now is because she was relatively young and all the tree huggers now have to act horrified that yet another superstar has been victimized by the sudden rush to stardom. Give it a few weeks she will be forgotten. Only reason she got any coverage was that people were sick of the daily updates on Tiger Woods.

Simon Monjack dead at 39.

"The British husband of tragic actress Brittany Murphy has died after suffering a suspected heart attack. Monjack, 39, had previously told of his heart problems, saying in an interview after his wife's death: 'I suffer from seizures. I had a heart attack ­coming back from Puerto Rico last year.' "

Nicely thought out pick by Vaagheid on the DDP!

Guest Guest_Vaagheid_*

"The British husband of tragic actress Brittany Murphy has died after suffering a suspected heart attack. Monjack, 39, had previously told of his heart problems, saying in an interview after his wife's death: 'I suffer from seizures. I had a heart attack ­coming back from Puerto Rico last year.' "

Rumors of suicide are being spread, Could be a better pick than i thought.

It is being said that Simon used to miss his wife a lot and the death could be a suicide as well. Anyway the investigation is going on and soon the cause of death would be out.

I'd say wait this one out till the autopsy before placing him on the DDP.

Guest Guest

Rumors of SUICIDE are being spread, Could be a better pick than i thought.

It is being said that Simon used to miss his wife a lot and the death could be a suicide as well. Anyway the investigation is going on and soon the cause of death would be out.

According to TMZ it is an overdose.

One well-placed source says, "There were a number of pill bottles on the nightstand in the bedroom, and some were empty."

Or the mother did it :closedeyes:

Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, discovered Monjack's body last night. She is also the one who found her daughter, Brittany, unconscious and on the floor of the bathroom five months earlier.

Or the mother did it :closedeyes:

Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, discovered Monjack's body last night. She is also the one who found her daughter, Brittany, unconscious and on the floor of the bathroom five months earlier.

Any half decent copper ought to be asking Mrs Murphy a question or two methinks.

Rumors of suicide are being spread, Could be a better pick than i thought.

FUCK

Though an autopsy was performed Tuesday, coroner's officials won't be able to release the official cause of Monjack's death for several weeks, pending the result of toxicology tests, E! reports.

source: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/...any_murphy.html

Um, well, yeah. That's how it works here - especially when there is a chance of suicide. I saw that one coming a mile off. Suppose I could have warned you, but I didn't think about it. Sorry.

Never mind, Vaagy - you can afford the delay, it's not as though we're in November/December.

What's the problem? :crossbone: The autopsy is not likely to point out that the man is still alive, is it? And the DDP-rules do not exclude a murder- or suicide-victim from scoring, the only exception to that is when the 'celeb' (loosely used, in this case) is murdered by the DDP-player. ("That's cheating, and cheating is wrong.") If Vaagy can prove that he was nowhere around LA last week, he shouldn't be too worried about that, me thinks.

The only reason for delay could be the unnatural causes-bonus. Why wait for that? TMIB can award the regular points and add the bonus later if the autopsy report should indicate anything irregular.