Sign in to follow this  
888-333

Zelda Rubinstein

She Has been mentioned here allready I think she should be suitable enough for a UK obit

Heres The Link

"RadarOnline.com can exclusively report that Poltergeist star Zelda Rubinstein is dying and it has been estimated that she has only a short time left to live. The petite actress, who played the medium in the 1982 Steven Spielberg blockbuster and it’s sequels, has been hospitalized for over a month at Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. RadarOnline.com has learned the sad news that Rubinstein, 76, has been taken off of life support following the failure of two of her major organs."

She Has been mentioned here allready I think she should be suitable enough for a UK obit

Heres The Link

"RadarOnline.com can exclusively report that Poltergeist star Zelda Rubinstein is dying and it has been estimated that she has only a short time left to live. The petite actress, who played the medium in the 1982 Steven Spielberg blockbuster and it’s sequels, has been hospitalized for over a month at Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. RadarOnline.com has learned the sad news that Rubinstein, 76, has been taken off of life support following the failure of two of her major organs."

For my sake I hope she hold out until Jan 1st...

Heres The Link

For my sake I hope she hold out until Jan 1st...

So do I... Though I'm sure she'll be one of the most popular picks at the DDP. She'll be on DL 2010 too, probably.

"The petite actress, who played the medium in the 1982 Steven Spielberg blockbuster and it’s sequels."

What did she wear? Cuban Heels?

DWB :(

I'd say Peter Tatchell.

He's had to step down from being the Green candidate due to ill health and brain issues.

After being beaten in Zimbabwe and Russia, his bran seems to of been injured and his health has been deteriating.

Zelda Rubinstein of Poltergeist and other horror films is like dying right now... she was taken off life support.

Uh-oh. I see some trouble with time zones coming.

regards,

Hein

Forgive me if I give out a little sigh... :(

She could've died already. You know how they sometimes delay death announcements a day or so.

She could've died already. You know how they sometimes delay death announcements a day or so.

If that's the case, there's very little point in me doing anything until the new year and to confirm when she actually carks it...

If that's the case, there's very little point in me doing anything until the new year and to confirm when she actually carks it...

still nothing, if she is still alive and she can hold on for another couple of hours that would suit me

still nothing, if she is still alive and she can hold on for another couple of hours that would suit me

Stay away from the light Zelda!!!

Stay away from the light Zelda!!!

That light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train.

I do think it is a little odd that she hasn't died yet, given that she was taken off life support several days ago, particularly as her lungs weren't supposed to be functioning.

There are dark mutterings of a hoax on the interweb. This, for example, from the alt.obits newsgroup

> Where is the hoax ?

ALL of your sources are simply repeating and rehashing what was

reported on RadarOnline, a company run by bastards -- a company I used

to work for.

I was in the "big" meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 16, when the three dozen

or so people who make up the news gathering staff were laughing and

passing around old Zelda-wheelchair photos, ready to hatch their plot.

The company's goal for 2010: Become the new TMZ, but bigger and more

profitable. Get alot of attention and mentions by other credible news

orgs and websites and webblogs. Don't be surprised if other "scoops"

come from Radar soon, especially about celebrities' health, like about

one every week or so.

On Friday, Dec. 18, I was one of 3 people laid off in budget cuts.

Screw Radar's "goal." I hope they go out of business.

No doubt Zelda will succumb to whatever is bothering her before too long, but perhaps their might have been an element of exaggeration in the original report of her imminent demise.

If this is a hoax, then there'll be a few angry DDPr's who would want a word with the spreader of this 'hoax'... :mellow:

There was one hugely successful Christmas interweb hoax, nobody thought twice about printing that story about Van Morrison and his manager becoming parents, I even repeated it here in complete belief it was the real deal.

It was Van the Man himself who contacted the papers to tell them it was bollocks.

It was Van the Man himself who contacted the papers to tell them it was bollocks.

Perhaps Mrs Rubinstein can do something similar?

BTW, if indeed all news winds down to the same source, there may well be something fishy about this story. I'm glad I didn't put her on any of my teams.

regards,

Hein

Perhaps Mrs Rubinstein can do something similar?

BTW, if indeed all news winds down to the same source, there may well be something fishy about this story. I'm glad I didn't put her on any of my teams.

regards,

Hein

I understand life support as something every critically ill patient might do without for some time. If organs are about to fail, a machine takes over, but when the switches are turned off, the patient can keep on until the organs finally succumb. That can take several hours, days or even months, depending on how much the organs were damaged.

I bloody well hope I'm right about this, because deathpooling is not something to joke about! :mellow:

And Plus Being From Poltergeist So Exegerating Her Health Could keep the Poltergeist Curse Conspiracy Theorists on there Toes.

I'm not sweating over picking her as my joker just yet... as Tomb Raider has mentioned, it could be a while before she dies after being taken off life support. I would think that if it were an outright hoax, rather than just an exaggeration, someone affiliated with her would have spoken out by now.

I really know nothing about business, but if they are trying to become as big as TMZ, how is making up a story about somebody's impending death going to do that? TMZ became largely well known and "semi-reliable" because they correctly reported the cardiac arrest and subsequent death of Michael Jackson before anybody else. I know that tabloidy guys like these make up stuff all the time because all they want are to sell papers or to get hits, but usually that's just based on rumors on fairly trivial stuff like "who's going on Celebrity Big Brother". Making up a story about somebody's impending death (if they have) is surely only going to mean that all of the reliable sites ignore them and that they will only end up facing a large legal bill. Making up that somebody's joining Spurs is very different from saying somebody's going to die when you have no supporting evidence.

...And it 'seems' they have now spoken out... She's not as bad as they said...

I really know nothing about business, but if they are trying to become as big as TMZ, how is making up a story about somebody's impending death going to do that? TMZ became largely well known and "semi-reliable" because they correctly reported the cardiac arrest and subsequent death of Michael Jackson before anybody else. I know that tabloidy guys like these make up stuff all the time because all they want are to sell papers or to get hits, but usually that's just based on rumors on fairly trivial stuff like "who's going on Celebrity Big Brother". Making up a story about somebody's impending death (if they have) is surely only going to mean that all of the reliable sites ignore them and that they will only end up facing a large legal bill. Making up that somebody's joining Spurs is very different from saying somebody's going to die when you have no supporting evidence.

...And it 'seems' they have now spoken out... She's not as bad as they said...

Huh. Well that's me buggered for this year's competition. See you in 2011. :mellow:

Zelda Rubinstein seems a rather unusual and random name to start a death rumor. Though she's a decent actress, she's not exactly a household name. She carries the most name recognition to horror movie buffs like me.

I do believe she's ill right now, though it's also possible that it's not as serious as reported. She probably will pass away this year, though probably later than we expected.

Hmmmm, I'd hedged my bets where she was concerned. Dropped this month from the Rotten Deadpool but premier position on my HPDP team. Bring on the Brit obit, eh? 'Trade press' counts for Deathrace purposes so we finally have some action to rev us all up.

Hmmmm, I'd hedged my bets where she was concerned. Dropped this month from the Rotten Deadpool but premier position on my HPDP team. Bring on the Brit obit, eh? 'Trade press' counts for Deathrace purposes so we finally have some action to rev us all up.

She's got to get a UK Obit me thinks.