Grim Reaper

Herman Wouk

48 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

IMG_0356.GIF

:whoosh:

22 minutes ago, drol said:

:whoosh:

I got the joke, I was just very annoyed someone did that. 

52 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I got the joke, I was just very annoyed someone did that. 

It wasn't bad at all.

Still giving interviews, but in terms of physical health, the video preview speaks for itself:

• Like 2

I bet Wouk(ie) will die on August 13th, exactly one year after R2D2.

Yikes!

• Like 1

His mind is incredible still but the body is clearly failing.He is a good colour and doesn`t sound raspy so he may last a while (few months).

• Like 1

He is a goner for this year (with Bush sr. ,  King Michael, Glenn Campbell, Jake Lamotta,...)

Interesting... not sure he'll die this year. His hands aren't shaking. The wheelchair isn't unusual at that age. But obviously his lungs are failing. How long can they last? Will be interesting to see.

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Still giving interviews, but in terms of physical health, the video preview speaks for itself:

Oof

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Interesting... not sure he'll die this year. His hands aren't shaking. The wheelchair isn't unusual at that age. But obviously his lungs are failing. How long can they last? Will be interesting to see.

He won't make it to Christmas/Hanukkah...

On 2017-07-03 at 17:24, Death Impends said:

Too bad the blonde didn't ask him about his time as headmaster at Hogwarts.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Still alive and kicking, well into his 103rd year. Everyone in his family has croaked, so it definitely looks like Lucky Herman was first in the queue when the DNA was handed out. Good for him, I say.

1 hour ago, Digger said:

Still alive and kicking, well into his 103rd year. Everyone in his family has croaked, so it definitely looks like Lucky Herman was first in the queue when the DNA was handed out. Good for him, I say.

Really useless post here, mainly because he is not even 103 yet!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Technically, "into his 103rd year" means that he's past his 102nd birthday, since the period between birth and the first birthday is a person's "1st year" (there is no 0th year, just like there was no year between 1 BC and 1 AD, and 1900 was the last year of the 19th century).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

And then you wonder why there are so few new members.

• Like 2

About a third of the way through his book Don't Stop the Carnival. Never had an author die while reading their work. It would be novel if he did.

He's a goner this year, should've been at number one though as everybody knows Kirk Douglas cant die.

2 minutes ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

He's a goner this year, should've been at number one though as everybody knows Kirk Douglas cant die.

Kirk is incredibly sprightly for his age! Whilst I would not bet the house on it I would not be shocked if he made it through this year and ended up living until about 103 or so! 

10 hours ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

We have heard this before. 

3 hours ago, Eesti said:

We have heard this before. 

Usually people make these comments to forget about their own mortality for a moment, or at least laugh it off. It's reassuring to have somebody you've known your entire life (doesn't matter that you've never met them personally) still alive and well at 90+. For me it's Queen Elizabeth. There's just something comforting about her still walking on this earth. Sometimes it's nice pretending it will always stay the same.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Usually people make these comments to forget about their own mortality for a moment, or at least laugh it off. It's reassuring to have somebody you've known your entire life (doesn't matter that you've never met them personally) still alive and well at 90+. For me it's Queen Elizabeth. There's just something comforting about her still walking on this earth. Sometimes it's nice pretending it will always stay the same.

Thats understandable, I cant really imagine Prince Charles being King of England.

8 hours ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

As a movie buff, I felt the same way about Manoel de Oliveira. He always seemed so "eternal", and for as long as he continued to live, he seemed to defy the notion that people eventually die...

Also, the fact that he was still making movies at 106 made him look not human.