Jump to content
Grim Reaper

2. Herman Wouk

Recommended Posts

Wouk is the only centenarian on the list whose death is not big news in the UK.The other 3 would all get rolling news coverage on BBC and Sky news and their deaths are guaranteed to get a full segment on every news stations bulletins.

 

Incidentally a neighbour of mines father was born on the same day as Wouk and is still alive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Wouk`s death been reported in the Norwegian press today - today is also a huge Holiday here - our Constitution Day! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_lr52k63Wvu1qmdwlto1_1280.jpg.cb7718b2b8a5c56edcaf446c1ba4cb61.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JTrost1234 said:

died

And Peter Falk has Alzheimers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sean said:

Wouk is the only centenarian on the list whose death is not big news in the UK.The other 3 would all get rolling news coverage on BBC and Sky news and their deaths are guaranteed to get a full segment on every news stations bulletins.

 

Incidentally a neighbour of mines father was born on the same day as Wouk and is still alive.

In terms of Uk coverage it will go Vera, Kirk, Olivia. Kirk the biggest worldwide but Vera' will see huge coverage here in the UK.

I know someone born on the same day as Carol Channing and is still alive (But tired of living).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Death Duke said:

3rd hit in less than a week? Crikey, what’s in the air?

I don't realize a third person had died from this list. I searched Google, name by name, until I found it was The Australian Prime Minister.

I knew one person dying in four months was too good to be true. I pewit was going to catch up with us.

I mean look at the ages of those people. Many are above 95. Of course they're going to croak soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still says 2 deaths on the homepage, seems they're a bit behind in updating it. Doris Day also hasn't had her details added

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAMMIT, I knew he was the type of guy to go ten days before his Birthday, the symmetry 27.05.1915 - 17.05.2019 is just too perfect. Now I am angry that I didn't say it when I thought about it on Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly the committee think that they know something that no one else knows - Herman Wouk is alive and well residing in the Death List offices. Either that or the committee have left earth on a trip to the far distant reaches of a black hole.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest in peace, Herm.

 

Is Olivia the oldest Deathlister now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Rest in peace, Herm.

 

Is Olivia the oldest Deathlister now?

Don't you have eyes? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

Don't you have eyes? 

No, lost my eyesight recently. Way to be insensitive about it. :(

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Predictor said:

No, lost my eyesight recently. Way to be insensitive about it. :(

 

It's okay your touch sensitivity supposedly improves as a result, so you might be able to sort out your erectile dysfunction now. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deathray said:

 

It's okay your touch sensitivity supposedly improves as a result, so you might be able to sort out your erectile dysfunction now. 

Hahah, always nice when people share knowledge based on their own experiences. :)

 

Back to Wouk, I'm glad that his wife Betty preceded him in death. She'd be devastaded if he died. During the 60+ years that they were married, her man woke. Always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will the front page be updated please

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked this site a week ago out of boredom and saw only 1 death still, and now a week later we're already up to 4? Good god. Well at  least Wouk finally passed, I was tired of voting for him in every single poll only to have him somehow remain alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2019 at 15:26, Gooseberry Crumble said:

The BBC's standards have been slipping for quite a while. 

I guess his work isn't "relevant" to most people today, unlike the cultural icon that is Grumpy Cat.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Yvonne said:

When will the front page be updated please

Why? What's the rush? They're not going anywhere in a hurry, are they? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dodrade said:

I guess his work isn't "relevant" to most people today, unlike the cultural icon that is Grumpy Cat.

 

the cat was grumpy because it knew it was going to die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 21:30, Yama said:

Still says 2 deaths on the homepage, seems they're a bit behind in updating it. Doris Day also hasn't had her details added

 

Some of those unaccounted stiffs are "better dead than red".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 01:11, The Old Crem said:

In terms of Uk coverage it will go Vera, Kirk, Olivia. Kirk the biggest worldwide but Vera' will see huge coverage here in the UK.

I know someone born on the same day as Carol Channing and is still alive (But tired of living).

 

I agree. Vera Lynns death will be massive. Kirk Douglas not so much  but will still have major coverage.I doubt that Olivia De Havilands death will be covered much at all to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I agree. Vera Lynns death will be massive. Kirk Douglas not so much  but will still have major coverage.I doubt that Olivia De Havilands death will be covered much at all to be honest. 

 

Yes, it's likely that 2 time Oscar winning British citizen Dame Olivia de Havilland wont get much coverage in the British press when she goes...

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, msc said:

 

Yes, it's likely that 2 time Oscar winning British citizen Dame Olivia de Havilland wont get much coverage in the British press when she goes...

She will get articles and maybe some front pages (Broadsheets where more stories make the front page) because she is the last well known star of 1930's hollywood and one of the most iconic films of all time  but it won't be a top headline job unlike what Doris got and what Vera will get.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use