DevonDeathTrip

The Monkees

Call me a cruel SOB of a dead pool runner, but I'm a bit pissed off that he's a DDP miss...

oh alright, if you insist. you're a cruel SOB of a dead pool runner ;)

• Like 1

Guest spunkie

He,s just popped off to his locker.

Now he's just a Steppin' Stone, for the rest of the Monkees

No bull, his obituary on the BBC said the wrote SHORT stories.

Went to see Glen Matlock last night, he played "Steppin' Stone" as a tribute to Davy

What a damn shame. I loved 'Pirates of the Carribean'

425037_168759356574063_100003199986416_235073_1361790439_n.jpg

No bull, his obituary on the BBC said the wrote SHORT stories.

His career in music was also SHORT-lived according to the BBC site

I thought death was only real in funeral homes

Meant for someone else but not for him

Death was out to get him

That's the way it seems

Heart attack has taken all his dreams

But then I saw his face

Now I'm a bereaver

Not a trace of life we can find

I'm in tears oooooo

I'm a bereaver

Some kind of griever

Now I'll cry...

• Like 4

Stealing this, fekin brilliant.

I stole it from a friend on facebook :)

He,s just popped off to his locker.

The rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Three surviving Monkees have announced 12 date US tour. The band have never gigged without Davy and have toured the world without Mike (who's surprised lots of people by agreeing to these dates). Doubtless they'll sell out, but is it The Monkees without Davy?

It will be more the Monkees than Queen would be Queen without Freddie Mercury.

Mickey Dolenz sang on the better songs.

Hmm, debateable I'd say. "Going Down", b-side of Daydream Believer is Micky's finest vocal performance IMHO and even made Stuart Maconie's Freakzone (6 Music's home of the strange and overlooked). Mike is the one stellar talent in the group for my money, and I think his solo stuff is seriously under-rated.

Hmm, debateable I'd say. "Going Down", b-side of Daydream Believer is Micky's finest vocal performance IMHO and even made Stuart Maconie's Freakzone (6 Music's home of the strange and overlooked). Mike is the one stellar talent in the group for my money, and I think his solo stuff is seriously under-rated.

Mike Nesmith is definitely the most talented but they have demonstrated that they can (will) tour without him but as Micky & Davy shared vocals they are what the public would perceive as the sound of the Monkees.

Mike Nesmith released an ironically titles Best of collection entitled " and the Hits Just Keep on Coming"

At least they are not dying in bunches like this Thread implied. BTW, only one Mama (Michelle Phillips) left from Mamas & Papas.

Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz have a chat on Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0318lv1

Aye, and fairly chipper they were, also revealed they always invite Mike Nesmith to join them but he's otherwise engaged writing a book (and sitting on his Tippex fortune!)

Maybe Michelle Phiiips should throw her lot in with the surviving Monkees in some kind of sixties extravaganza show.

They did ask her.

But then they saw her face....

• Like 2

Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz have a chat on Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0318lv1

Aye, and fairly chipper they were, also revealed they always invite Mike Nesmith to join them but he's otherwise engaged writing a book (and sitting on his Tippex fortune!)

Maybe Michelle Phiiips should throw her lot in with the surviving Monkees in some kind of sixties extravaganza show.

From what I understand (as the son of a major Monkees obsessive), while Nesmith really does not enjoy playing with The Monkees per se, he feels he has an obligation to their fanbase to play and doesn't feel it'd be right to rob them of the chance to relive their childhoods. I don't know if that's charming or arrogant really.

From what I understand (as the son of a major Monkees obsessive), while Nesmith really does not enjoy playing with The Monkees per se, he feels he has an obligation to their fanbase to play and doesn't feel it'd be right to rob them of the chance to relive their childhoods. I don't know if that's charming or arrogant really.

Not knowing the veracity of that comment, but presuming it, could be that he came from money and the others didn't and over time it simply wasn't his primary source of income (did his mother/parents die yet?) and I can understand some dissociation on his part vs the others.

SC

Not knowing the veracity of that comment, but presuming it, could be that he came from money and the others didn't and over time it simply wasn't his primary source of income (did his mother/parents die yet?) and I can understand some dissociation on his part vs the others.

SC

Nesmith didn't exactly come from money but as his career went on his mum's income from her liquid paper patent grew and grew, so when she died he inherited a stack. Much of this has gone on arts projects, and his own solo work gradually got really arty (dunno if SC's Monkees obsession extends to having a tonnage of solo Nesmith, but he's an ambitious, admired and impressive songwriter - I really love The Prison album, which is all of those things).