DevonDeathTrip

The Monkees

Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz have a chat on Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0318lv1

Aye, and fairly chipper they were, also revealed they always invite Mike Nesmith to join them but he's otherwise engaged writing a book (and sitting on his Tippex fortune!)

Maybe Michelle Phiiips should throw her lot in with the surviving Monkees in some kind of sixties extravaganza show.

Mary, are you seriously suggesting that she is still able to fuck her way through another group????

Wow!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz have a chat on Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0318lv1

Aye, and fairly chipper they were, also revealed they always invite Mike Nesmith to join them but he's otherwise engaged writing a book (and sitting on his Tippex fortune!)

Maybe Michelle Phiiips should throw her lot in with the surviving Monkees in some kind of sixties extravaganza show.

Mary, are you seriously suggesting that she is still able to fuck her way through another group????

Wow!!!

FFS LFN, that's reality television gold and more exposure (heh heh) than any of those three could earn by any other means.

SPAM would be nailed on sponsors, surely.

• Like 1

Wow!!!

FFS LFN, that's reality television gold and more exposure (heh heh) than any of those three could earn by any other means.

No topping that one this week Mary!!!!!

Wow!!!

Let's try this again, cos I'm having an out of body experience looking at that post. I'm guessing some built-in filter or mod tweaked the suggestion of sponser.

Mine began with a V and went on to use a brand name of a best-selling sexual performance drug.

There's a joke about said drug that asks why is it like a roller coaster at a busy fairground.

The answer being you wait around over an hour for a two minute ride.

Wow!!!

Let's try this again, cos I'm having an out of body experience looking at that post. I'm guessing some built-in filter or mod tweaked the suggestion of sponser.

Mine began with a V and went on to use a brand name of a best-selling sexual performance drug.

There's a joke about said drug that asks why is it like a roller coaster at a busy fairground.

Many moons ago the swear filter was switched off, however, due to getting spammed, a few key words were included on the filter, SPAM being one of them. Sorry if it fucked up your punchline.

Personally, I thought Spam worked far better, based on the logical observation that all their sexual organs would, by now, have the consistency of spam.

Well that's what I thought you meant man!!! :lol:

Wow!!!

Many moons ago the swear filter was switched off, however, due to getting spammed, a few key words were included on the filter, SPAM being one of them. Sorry it fucked up your punchline.

FTFY.

From what I understand (as the son of a major Monkees obsessive), while Nesmith really does not enjoy playing with The Monkees per se, he feels he has an obligation to their fanbase to play and doesn't feel it'd be right to rob them of the chance to relive their childhoods. I don't know if that's charming or arrogant really.

Not knowing the veracity of that comment, but presuming it, could be that he came from money and the others didn't and over time it simply wasn't his primary source of income (did his mother/parents die yet?) and I can understand some dissociation on his part vs the others.

SC

Nesmith didn't exactly come from money but as his career went on his mum's income from her liquid paper patent grew and grew, so when she died he inherited a stack. Much of this has gone on arts projects, and his own solo work gradually got really arty (dunno if SC's Monkees obsession extends to having a tonnage of solo Nesmith, but he's an ambitious, admired and impressive songwriter - I really love The Prison album, which is all of those things).

I think Nesmith thought that whilst The Monkees gave him recognition and opportunity he didn't like the way the whole thing was packaged and that they would be forced to record other peoples songs in preference to their own. He also hated that hat. I think some of the later more experimental stuff in the later Monkees stuff was driven by him.

Wow!!!

Many moons ago the swear filter was switched off, however, due to getting spammed, a few key words were included on the filter, SPAM being one of them. Sorry if it fucked up your punchline.

Yeah, it was a bit limp, but it's rock hard now and well worth the wait!

Just listened to an interview with Mickey Dolenz, he made it seem like the recurrence of Tork's cancer is very serious and at the "prayers for Pete" stage. Your call for 2019 guys....

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Just listened to an interview with Mickey Dolenz, he made it seem like the recurrence of Tork's cancer is very serious and at the "prayers for Pete" stage. Your call for 2019 guys....

Source or I'll take this as the annual false lead bait...

• Haha 1

Tork's official blog is a bit elliptical in the most recent post. Might be onto summat here.

Link -

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Tork's official blog is a bit elliptical in the most recent post. Might be onto summat here.

Link -

I reckon January the 23rd...…..

James Frawley, director of The Monkees television show dead at 82.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 22:07, Drewsky1211 said:

:birthday: Peter Tork 77 today! :birthday:

Dead now.

WaPo behind GPDR wall.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I’m really saddened by this one. The Monkees were great. :( 

• Sad 2

Some people are on the pitch, they think @DevonDeathTrip's top of the DDP... he is now!

• Like 1

Peter Tork RIP. Didn't he used to be on the list? 

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

Peter Tork RIP. Didn't he used to be on the list? 

Once, in 2010.