time

John Edrich

A very familiar name from my childhood, as my Dad was into cricket.

May I suggest if we replace him with another cricketer in 2021, the aforementioned Boycott or the last of the Invincibles Neil Harvey would be a good choice. 

I've just seen this news. Apt he should die around Christmas, as it was experimental mistletoe-based medication that had 'cured' his leukemia. Not bad considering he was given 7 years to live 25 years ago. One of the best batsmen imho.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Anyone know why he moved to Aberdeenshire?

To escape the Reaper.

Sadly, the Reaper was in town taking Buff Hardie, so....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

To escape the Reaper.

Sadly, the Reaper was in town taking Buff Hardie, so....

Just the way you said that reminded me of the Chewing the Fat Jackal sketch.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Any reason why no Q/O yet -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are we sure this guy is actually dead? There’s still no articles about it!!!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

I would also like to see one article reporting his death.

Who?

Apparently Edrich's cause of death is by something called  Waldenström's macroglobulinemia. And I thought glioblastoma was hard to remember...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, markb4 said:

I would also like to see one article reporting his death.

I’d like to see one article saying who the fuck he is.  Cricket isn’t a recognised activity in civilised countries so I am hoping for more.  Isn’t that for sandal-wearers running from Union Carbide or summat?  If YOUR country pays attention to cricket you should question your heritage, education, culture, arts and sciences, social structure, means of barter and exchange, government construct, your written constitution, and be wary of your neighbours.  You exist on an ignorant phone-answering service society of otherwise unskilled labour and shoddy upbringing.  Your citizenry exists to serve those who produce.  There are those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened.  You are the latter, and it is proven by your being entertained by .... cricket.

pfft cricket.  The fuck?  What, no PING PONG stars?  

Here’s a timely story though.  It’s got mistletoe an everything!  All Christmassy and shit!

“Former England batsman claims MISTLETOE injections cured cancer that should have killed him five years ago”

SCunto

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

I’d like to see one article saying who the fuck he is.  Cricket isn’t a recognised activity in civilised countries so I am hoping for more.  Isn’t that for sandal-wearers running from Union Carbide or summat?  If YOUR country pays attention to cricket you should question your heritage, education, culture, arts and sciences, social structure, means of barter and exchange, government construct, your written constitution, and be wary of your neighbours.  You exist on an ignorant phone-answering service society of otherwise unskilled labour and shoddy upbringing.  Your citizenry exists to serve those who produce.  There are those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened.  You are the latter, and it is proven by your being entertained by .... cricket.

pfft cricket.  The fuck?  What, no PING PONG stars?  

Here’s a timely story though.  It’s got mistletoe an everything!  All Christmassy and shit!

“Former England batsman claims MISTLETOE injections cured cancer that should have killed him five years ago”

SCunto

This will go very well with cricket enthusiasts I’m sure. 

• Haha 1

Does Reuters count?  

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Apparently Edrich's cause of death is by something called  Waldenström's macroglobulinemia. And I thought glioblastoma was hard to remember...

Doesn’t get as many points in Scrabble either. Wikipedia is listing his death as circa 24th Dec....

Nothing like a good Christmas hit to get you in the holiday spirit! 

• Like 2

Edrich finally gets a QO, though he’ll definitely get more

• Like 1

Another name to scratch from next years list.

Edrich was a player of my early days getting into cricket, my dad was a huge fan of the England team of the sixties/seventies and I also remember watching him in Sunday league matches on BBC2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I never thought Edrich was a bad pick, just it was boring. Good for two reasons: he contributes to a record-breaking performance and won't be back next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm Scottish, we don't really do cricket for the most but...

5 hours ago, Sir Cunto said:

you should question your heritage, education, culture, arts and sciences, social structure, means of barter and exchange, government construct, your written constitution, and be wary of your neighbours.

...I see Sir Cunto has missed out on the minor news story called Brexit.

(Open goal...:D)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Cunto said:

If YOUR country pays attention to cricket you should question your heritage, education, culture, arts and sciences, social structure, means of barter and exchange, government construct, your written constitution, and be wary of your neighbours. 

You do realise that baseball, the second most popular sport in the States, is a dumbed down version of cricket?

It's actually derived from Rounders, which is a children's version of cricket that gets played in all schools in the UK.

Do blush. :blush:

• Like 3