time

John Edrich

RIP - I remember him from my youth as I was getting into cricket.

Had him on my DDP for next year so it's a shame he couldn't hang on another week

What is it about deathlist that encourages the ignorant to repeatedly demonstrate their ignorance?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You do realise that baseball, the second most popular sport in the States, is a dumbed down version of cricket?

It's actually derived from Rounders, which is a children's version of cricket that gets played in all schools in the UK.

Do blush. :blush:

Not to mention the fact that the United States does indeed have an official cricket team, lol.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sir Cunto said:

I’d like to see one article saying who the fuck he is.  Cricket isn’t a recognised activity in civilised countries so I am hoping for more.  Isn’t that for sandal-wearers running from Union Carbide or summat?  If YOUR country pays attention to cricket you should question your heritage, education, culture, arts and sciences, social structure, means of barter and exchange, government construct, your written constitution, and be wary of your neighbours.  You exist on an ignorant phone-answering service society of otherwise unskilled labour and shoddy upbringing.  Your citizenry exists to serve those who produce.  There are those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened.  You are the latter, and it is proven by your being entertained by .... cricket.

pfft cricket.  The fuck?  What, no PING PONG stars?  

Here’s a timely story though.  It’s got mistletoe an everything!  All Christmassy and shit!

“Former England batsman claims MISTLETOE injections cured cancer that should have killed him five years ago”

SCunto

166037178_Haveyoutriednotbeing.jpg.612fac5b828d439845b17621d67ce232.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Toast said:

166037178_Haveyoutriednotbeing.jpg.612fac5b828d439845b17621d67ce232.jpg

An American, currently (or at least recently) in Scotland. Got to expect it really. 

Mind, the Union Carbide reference is a bit farther than I'd go. Length of the M1 farther actually.

• Haha 1

On 25/12/2020 at 09:29, torbrexbones said:

Another name to scratch from next years list.

Edrich was a player of my early days getting into cricket, my dad was a huge fan of the England team of the sixties/seventies and I also remember watching him in Sunday league matches on BBC2.

He was my list for next year too. :(

What I find weird is that he died on Christmas aka the same exact day I got my remote control Boba Fett.

6 minutes ago, Glomfan said:

What I find weird is that he died on Christmas aka the same exact day I got my remote control Boba Fett.

People are gonna go in on this post for being horse shit. They’d be absolutely right. But at least it’s not boring.

I find it annoying that today's kids are getting Christmas presents 2 days before Christmas. I'm also annoyed that somewhere there's got to be a joke about Star Wars and presents but I can't think of one.

• Like 2