For someone who has suffered several strokes, he's still quite active and is going to be starring in the sequel to The Ultimate Gift

For someone who has suffered several strokes, he's still quite active and is going to be starring in the sequel to The Ultimate Gift

Considering that the film was originally released in October 2006, and that Garner is "onscreen for less than a minute", it probably doesn't say that much about his current condition.

The Ultimate Gift was released in 2006, but the sequel called The Ultimate Life is yet to come.

The Ultimate Gift was released in 2006, but the sequel called The Ultimate Life is yet to come.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Garner's "appearance" in the 2013 sequel is archival footage, per "The Official James Garner Fan Page". That footage looks to be lifted directly from the original film (see the 2006 trailer). The website for the 2013 film doesn't even list Garner as being in the cast.

In any event, I wouldn't make a decision to take Garner off a dead pool entry based on the release of the sequel.

Guest Guest

I thought James Garner was already dead! Shows what I know.

Guest Guest

a few short weeks has so far amounted to about 33 by my calculation,so it can't be long now!..or it could be a load of rubbish

Guest Guest

Fuck me.... I thought he died years ago.

Guest Pat

Sad to say, I also thought the same thing.

This was already posted in the Hollywood Possibilities thread, but it's important to note that he's ready to die and currently in failing health

http://hollywoodnews...nts-to-die/3277

oh yeah oops. I neglected to search whether he had his own thread...

a mod should probably move my post.

Guest Guest

from the Rockford Files to the Ex Files :pop:

Ditto, big investment pays off for me. Now how many pools did I have him in?

Sad loss for the world of acting. One of the few to bring to the fore a depth in role that he brought to the screen as Jim Rockford. Maybe the epitome of the private investigation service providers.

His portray of the bullish yank in The Great Escape was too underrated.

His portray of the bullish yank in Grand Prix was too underrated.

And his portray of the bullish yank in that western series was too overrated.

Big guy, big death...

Is that leaving Roger Moore as the last remaining Maverick

My 1st hit on the DDP. Thought I was going to go through the whole year deathless.

Should have put him on my HPDP team, same goes for Castro, grrrr...

That's what happens when you only enter at the last minute (and knackered and drunk on NYE)

oh btw RIP..... never saw much of The Rockford Files but remember him from the movie Grand Prix

I thought we had him on the list this year. I used to watch Rockford Files each week,but these days I can barely remember anything about any of the episodes.

I thought we had him on the list this year. I used to watch Rockford Files each week,but these days I can barely remember anything about any of the episodes.

Nah he's another good one who got took off so we could have Ed Asner and Luise "Who?" Rainer (the DL committee seemed to get confused and temporarily thought they were contestants on an episode of "Pointless").

• Like 1

Sounds funny but the guy never really reached headlines as a Hollywood Great, but in truth could act with the best of them. The Great Escape, Rockford files are well documented, but roles in films such as "Support your local sherrif", Space Cowboys, and Duel at Diablo proves he had the range and capability to take on leading roles.

Sometimes actors and actresses end up being type cast for particular roles and if that was one failing Garner had it was this.

Personally I enjoyed his style of acting, as it differed from many of the main stream actors of his era. The usual cliché of there are not any actors like him is a fitting tribute in my book.

How clairevoyant of the BBC to air one of his greatest movies right now on 2. Grand Prix is now on.

How clairevoyant of the BBC to air one of his greatest movies right now on 2. Grand Prix is now on.

Is it not just a case of them changing the film?