football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

Anita Doth, the female "singer" of the 90's house duo 2 Unlimited (No Limit/Get ready for this) has breast cancer.

No!

No, no no no no, no no no no, no no........

:rolleyes::D:D:lol: Brilliant reply!!

Eurgh, Bill Oddie gets right on my nerves.

He's such a grumpy, annoying old man.

How was he once seen as a comedien?

The Asian Tsunami was funnier than his odd, slightly mad comments.

I put Mr. T on my list. Purely because if I saw some idiot pretending to be me in some horrible, second rate re-make of a cult programme that made my career, I think I'd have a heart attack. Or just die from sadness :)

I put Mr. T on my list. Purely because if I saw some idiot pretending to be me in some horrible, second rate re-make of a cult programme that made my career, I think I'd have a heart attack. Or just die from sadness :)

You have Alex Guiness on your list? Are you referring to the veteran actor who passed away in August 2000 or is there another Alex Guiness?

You have Alex Guiness on your list? Are you referring to the veteran actor who passed away in August 2000 or is there another Alex Guiness?

Wouldn't that be Alec Guinness?

Wouldn't that be Alec Guinness?

It would be Alec Guiness, although when I do a search on Alex Guiness, It brings up entries for Alec

Michael C. Hall, American television's most overrated Hollywood "heartthrob" has been diagnosed with Hogkin's lymphoma.

Michael C. Hall, American television's most overrated Hollywood "heartthrob" has been diagnosed with Hogkin's lymphoma.

That's a shame, I like him in Dexter.

Oops, I meant Alex Higgins, the snooker player who has periodic throat cancer and a very boozed up lifestyle.

I have no idea why I typede Guiness. I think in my mind Alex Higgins and Alec Guiness, somehow combined.

I have no idea why I typede Guiness. I think in my mind Alex Higgins and Alec Guiness, somehow combined.

As I understand it, Higgins is rarely far from a pint of Guinness, so your confusion is understandable.

sport-graphics-2007_705290a.jpg

regards,

Hein (rather fond of the black stuff)

That could be it!!!

Every picture I see of him has up clutching some form of alcoholic beverage in his hands!

He survived the Ice Truck Killer, I'm sure a spot of cancer won't trouble him.

As I understand it, Higgins is rarely far from a pint of Guinness, so your confusion is understandable.

sport-graphics-2007_705290a.jpg

regards,

Hein (rather fond of the black stuff)

That's a shocking picture and definite proof he's on VERY limited time. A self-respecting Hurricane would never come so close to spilling a precious drop of Guinness.

Eurgh, Bill Oddie gets right on my nerves.

'Bill Oddie called'

'Did he leave a message?'

'No'.

'He never does'

Lady Goo Goo may have gone Ga Ga again and collapsed. Unfortunatley it appears to be nothing but de-hydration but you never know!

If Bill Oddie stayed in touch with the plot last year it was probably by digging his garden. Expect his sanity to require effort and medication from now on, both of which could prove to be too little to maintain it.

Bill Oddie was on one of the kid's tv channels this last week and looked very on form. Can't think that's he's got any major problems from now on. His main tv show "Spring Watch" will be in planning now and the BBC would be mad not to use him.

I bet one Rolling Stone or one Beatles will die in 2011.. I hope I'm wrong but as some 2009 deaves weren't expected at all (ex: MJ of course), we should expect any things.

I feel 2011 will be a bad year for cinema, don't tell me why, I can't explain it....

2009 didn't have too many major losses in the film industry. Probably the biggest names in the film industry to have passed away in 2009 were ... you guessed it, Patrick Swayze and John Hughes with honorable mentions going to Brittany Murphy and Karl Malden (distinguished old school Hollywood character actor). Farrah was more well known for her TV work (her filmography was sporadic at best) and MJ only did the occassional movie.

2008 incurred heavy losses in the film industry with the deaths of Paul Newman, Charlton Heston, Sydney Pollack, and Heath Ledger.

Wither 2011? It's looking too far forward for me, but I expect that Elizabeth Taylor, Kirk Douglas, and James Garner will have all died by 2011 if not in 2010.

I'd Expect Hevy Losses This Year in the Film Industry:

Here are My Top Ten

1.Kirk Douglas

2.Norman Wisdom

3.Dennis Hopper

4.Peter Falk

5.Jerry Lewis

6.Micheal Gough

7.Barbra Kent

8.James Garner

9.Tony Curtis

10.Dino DeLaurentis

Trust me I Bet Half of these will be gone by Christmas

A new year, a new Ideas and possibilities topic. :rolleyes:

Regards,

FF

What about Ruby Mohammad - the Mother of Islam? She is (allegedly) 113 - surely a cast-iron cert for 2011?

Apparently the presidential election in Ukraine has gone to A Runoff. Never heard of him, but given the parlous state of that particular country, maybe we should consider him as a candidate for next year? ;)

:/ I wonder how many on my list will die this year, so far one has died, which is good. :/ or would that be bad?

:/ I wonder how many on my list will die this year, so far one has died, which is good. :/ or would that be bad?

With 100 on your list, getting about 18 would be a reasonable target. You're more or less on pace, and ahead of the DL.

[edit] Actually, having read your list you've nobly gone with far less oldies than the DL and have some good comedy selections. If you match the DL's total by year end, I'd consider that a job well done.

From this week's Wrestling Observer:

- Gene Kiniski, 81, the NWA world champion from 1966-69 and one of pro wrestling’s all-time biggest stars, is in rough shape as his cancer has gotten into his lymph nodes. He’s been undergoing chemotherapy and blood transfusions.

Should obit in The Sun when he goes for DDP purposes.