football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

His family has run out of money to pay for his medical bills

When the world is full of arseholes counting their seven figure bonuses, why does someone like this have to suffer in this way?

Another human being who has become a victim of their own decisions.

Arthur Penn, he directed the 'classic' Bonnie & Clyde. as well as Night Moves with Gene Hackman and The Miracle Worker along with Little Big Man. At 88 this year. his brother, photo-grapher Irving kicked off last (2009) October at age 92.

Opera singer Placido Domingo is recovering from surgery, preformed after he was diagnosed with colon cancer.

Former American footballer Merlin Olsen is suffering from incurable mesothelioma.

Dead

Eleanor Mondale's brain cancer has returned. She had operations to remove tumours in 2005 and 2008.

It looks like Eleanor Mondale has beaten her cancer.. at least for now.

Eleanor Mondale's brain cancer is back yet again. Her prospects look pretty bleak really.

Hmm, it's all coming together nicely. I recall posting almost four years ago along these lines, maybe Mr Callaghan could be our captain. The post in question is dated 28-04-06, apologies if I'm so thick I can only direct you to the right page of the thread.

Terry Pratchett (popular author) is 61 and has been talking a lot recently about assissted suicide, since his diagnosis with dementia. He says if it got too bad he would like to take the option. The disease is quite unpredictable and he's even been having small improvments with experimental treatments, but it's an interesting series of events.

According to Cherie Blair the Queen said she didn't expect to be alive for the 2012 Olympics. Considering that she's 83 and her husband is 88 and has been having health problems, coupled with the pairs very busy lifestyle it's also an interesting development.

Terry Pratchett (popular author) is 61 and has been talking a lot recently about assissted suicide, since his diagnosis with dementia. He says if it got too bad he would like to take the option. The disease is quite unpredictable and he's even been having small improvments with experimental treatments, but it's an interesting series of events.

For Chinese values of interesting, that is. I'm rather a fan of Pterry. I view his condition with horror and I'd hate to see him die.

That said: I fully appreciate his wish to avoid living Alzheimer's disease to the end. There's no fun there.

regards,

Hein

my choices are brothers Al and Bobby Unser the race car drivers. Al is to be 71 and Bobby is 76 now and maybe they can die at the same time in a special old peoples race.

Couldn't find any chatter about James Randi on here. Having been diagnosed with intestinal cancer a few years back, he's now decided to come out of the closet. The only reason I can think that an 81-year-old man would certainly decide to announce his ability with colours is because he was hoping to get everything out in the open before he passes on in the next life, but maybe Uri Gellar was threatening to go to the papers with this, idk.

Famed Cuban cigar maker Alejandro Robaina celebrates his 91st birthday today and is apparently in very poor health.

Annie Glenn, 90 year old wife of senator and Mercury Seven astronaut, John, might be worth keeping an eye on. She and her husband had a car crash a few years back, though her injuries were slight. But she is 90, and enough of a US public figure to get point scoring coverage as and when.

93 year old Louis Zamperini, veteran of the 1936 Olympics, and a generally high-profile life, is soon to be the subject of a biopic. Nicholas Cage will play the man, so publicity is likely to follow, enough to ensure UK obits as and when.

Halibut cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki, 38, an American citizen currently hiding somewhere in Arabia, has been "approved for a targetted killing", by the Obama administration. I'd be very tempted to pick him for a deadpool, but I'm still sulking over the Hakimullah Mehsud debacle, so it's back to cancer sufferers for me.

lyn Redgrave not looking too clever at her brother's funeral.

Someone passing around a particularly difficult Sudoku, were they?

lynredgravestumped.jpg

"Does the top line go 4, 7, 3... oh, forget it!"

Luci Baines Johnson, 62, the youngest daughter of former American President Lyndon Johnson and former Deathlist favourite Lady Bird Johnson, has been airlifted to hospital after suffering "extreme weakness".