football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

Boris Spassky has reportedly suffered a massive stroke and is gravely ill

Are we aloud to suggest football club because Dundee Football Club may be dead quite soon. th_banana-wave.gif I dont know if they will make it to next year or not.

Chloe 'Mafia' from the X-Factor.

Given the amount of negative press attention she has had, it wouldn't surprise me if she killed herself in the next 6 months.

She was a mess before the press got their claws in - I think she'll get worse now that she has something to play to.

Chloe 'Mafia' from the X-Factor.

Given the amount of negative press attention she has had, it wouldn't surprise me if she killed herself in the next 6 months.

She was a mess before the press got their claws in - I think she'll get worse now that she has something to play to.

One can only live in hope.

There's also the possibility that she might attract the attention of a homicidal nutter. She's already been physically attacked by a woman who disapproves of her "parenting skills".

Jon Brookes; brain-tumoured skin basher with so/so indie combo The Charlatans has announced that his condition is terminal but manageable. A deffo for broadsheet write ups as and when, and young enough to count for decent DDP points.

Jon Brookes; brain-tumoured skin basher with so/so indie combo The Charlatans has announced that his condition is terminal but manageable. A deffo for broadsheet write ups as and when, and young enough to count for decent DDP points.

When he says manageable, did he mean manageable in the longterm or manageable in Switzerland?

I was sure that there is a Coronation Street thread somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyway, Bill Tarmey, who apparently plays a character called Jack Duckworth, is quitting the show after thirty years due to health problems described as "extreme breathing difficulties".

I was sure that there is a Coronation Street thread somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyway, Bill Tarmey, who apparently plays a character called Jack Duckworth, is quitting the show after thirty years due to health problems described as "extreme breathing difficulties".

Let me see..is it Jack that will killed off in Corrie's 50th anniversary storyline?

Guest Andy Wilson

Dolores Hope?-at 101 she's on first name terms with the Reaper!-Bill Shatner-(hopefully!)-Leonard Nimoy,although he's even beginning to LOOK like George Burns now and he lived to 100.-Joe Ratzinger-(The Pope dumbo!)-seen him 2 weeks ago and he got that "I'm coming Jesus" look about him!-Ronnie Biggs,Abdelbaset al Magrahi-(Finally)-Zsa Zsa Gabor,and probably Patrick Moore-nice old guy from "Sky at Night"

From Wiki's page on Kathy Kirby, b. 1938

Post-retirement

Kirby lives in the South Kensington area of London. She shuns publicity and reports say that she has been in poor physical and mental health for some years.[6][7] She has not performed in public since her retirement, but an amateur recording of Kathy Kirby singing the song "He", made in around 2005, has been made available online.[8]

Interest in Kathy Kirby and her work has continued,[9] particularly among gay men for whom she is something of an icon.[10] She records regular short greetings for a website dedicated to her,[11] and a 2005 biography was adapted into a stage show about her life, called Secret Love. The show opened in Leeds in May 2008.

The Daily Express reported in 2008 that plans for a new filmed interview had been abandoned,[7] but later reports confirmed that the interview had been filmed, and it was subsequently included on a DVD compilation released the following year. She also gave an interview to the Express in 2009, billed as her first in 26 years, which included recent photographs.[12]

In late 2009, the Sunday Express reported that some previously unreleased recordings would be made available on CD in 2010, and that Kirby has been approached to appear on Desert Island Discs.[13]

From Wiki's page on Kathy Kirby, b. 1938

Post-retirement

Kirby lives in the South Kensington area of London. She shuns publicity and reports say that she has been in poor physical and mental health for some years.[6][7] She has not performed in public since her retirement, but an amateur recording of Kathy Kirby singing the song "He", made in around 2005, has been made available online.[8]

Interest in Kathy Kirby and her work has continued,[9] particularly among gay men for whom she is something of an icon.[10] She records regular short greetings for a website dedicated to her,[11] and a 2005 biography was adapted into a stage show about her life, called Secret Love. The show opened in Leeds in May 2008.

The Daily Express reported in 2008 that plans for a new filmed interview had been abandoned,[7] but later reports confirmed that the interview had been filmed, and it was subsequently included on a DVD compilation released the following year. She also gave an interview to the Express in 2009, billed as her first in 26 years, which included recent photographs.[12]

In late 2009, the Sunday Express reported that some previously unreleased recordings would be made available on CD in 2010, and that Kirby has been approached to appear on Desert Island Discs.[13]

Picture of her here. She looks a bit bonkers and has put on a lot of weight.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/87084/...26-year-silence

Turban might be hiding thinning hair (caused by medication) and that slighly lopsided loony smile looks like someone who's had a stroke (though there's no story on that). She ain't well in the head or body IMHO.

Another one worth looking out for is Clodagh Rogers, only 63 but I heard a while ago she was widowed and declared bankrupt in quick succession in the mid-nineties. Dunno what that's done to her health. In fact, dunno much about where she is and what she's up to. She'd get a broadsheet obit, surely, since - like Kirby - she was a Eurovision entrant.

It seems to me those chaps are the Real Flame Warriors. At least some of them are dressed for the occasion.

regards,

Hein

Those surviving International Brigade Brits in full:

Thomas Waters

Paddy Cochrane

Jack Edwards

Lou Kenton

Penny Feiwel

Stanley Hilton

On today's evidence The Guardian - for one - is monitoring the website that recognises their achievements, and notes their passing. They went to prove a point, they'll net a few dead poolers some points when they go. Franco would've been harsh on dead poolers to this is what they'd have wanted, or summat.

Apologies if this has been covered before, but Dick Cheney must be worth a punt for 2011. Several heart attacks/procedures and looking "frail" today,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but Dick Cheney must be worth a punt for 2011. Several heart attacks/procedures and looking "frail" today,

Makes me wonder if there is a record for having survived the most heart attacks. Dick's five have got to be up-there as the most famous high number.

Guest msc

Makes me wonder if there is a record for having survived the most heart attacks. Dick's five have got to be up-there as the most famous high number.

Dwight Eisenhower survived eight heart attacks and a stroke, before succumbing to heart disease aged 79.