football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

AIG CEO Robert Benmosche, who was something to do with something about finance in America when it all went tits up, diagnosed with cancer, "won't know severity for a few months". Hopefully he'll have some clear data for us before the deadline for next year's teams are in.

Austrialian guitarist Harvey James, who played with 70s rock group Sherbet, is suffering from lung cancer. He appeared on their biggest hit, the truly horrendous "

", which would have induced anyone to become a punk. The song climbed all the way to number four in the UK pop charts in 1976.

UK obit chances rather dodgy I should think, but you never know. :P

Charlie Sheen hospitalized for psychiatric evaluation following hotel rampage.

Gary Coleman kind of looked like this at the end of 2009 and I got a hit on him on my RDP, so...

Guest comatose
Charlie Sheen hospitalized for psychiatric evaluation following hotel rampage.

Gary Coleman kind of looked like this at the end of 2009 and I got a hit on him on my RDP, so...

Yes if you look down the threads, this was posted four hours earlier in the "Hospitalised" thread, an appropriate place for this item. It's always a good idea to scan through the latest posts before banging one in, and then to think if there may be a better thread somewhere. I hope you're feeling suitably chastised.

This guy made the bomb that's been hogging the news over the weekend. He's also got form, placing a suicide bomb on his own brother in an unsuccessful attempted assassination in Saudi Arabia.

Plenty of very capable enemies, then.

Stephen Fry's off on another one of his bipolar disorder-inducted hissy fits by the looks of it, so expect either a suicide attempt or a trip to Belgium within the next few weeks.

He may well have a point about straight sex matters if you ask me... :D

I'm mulling over whether to put Danny Baker in my DDP instead of Debbie Purdy...I think she is more likely to die but I'm worried she doesn't count for being famous for being ill.

Not really a household name, but a 18 year old singer/actress named Demi Lovato has gone into rehab.

Lovato has battled demons in the past, including bouts of self-mutilation known as "cutting," and an eating disorder, according to a source.

It sounds like she has some problems.

Not really a household name, but a 18 year old singer/actress named Demi Lovato has gone into rehab.

Lovato has battled demons in the past, including bouts of self-mutilation known as "cutting," and an eating disorder, according to a source.

Is it just me or does closeness to "the mouse" all too often result in mentle health issues for the celebrities so created? just a thought, but Ms Spears is not alone with her problems.

Best regards

Syd

There was this pretty good mini-documentary floating around online at the start of this year where they interviewed a bunch of kids who were born on January 1, 2000 and asked them questions about the 2000s. One of the questions was "who has been the most famous person on the planet over the past ten years". Some kids said Obama, some said Bin Laden, some said Michael Jackson. One kid said Demi Lovato.

Is it just me or does closeness to "the mouse" all too often result in mentle health issues for the celebrities so created? just a thought, but Ms Spears is not alone with her problems.

Best regards

Syd

I think it has little to do with Disney and a lot to do with being a (former) child star.

Edit:

Spade, Do you have a link to the mini-documentary (it sounds interesting)

Another edit

Not in rehab, in treatment.

Best regards

Syd

I think it has little to do with Disney and a lot to do with being a (former) child star.

Edit:

Spade, Do you have a link to the mini-documentary (sounds interesting)

Maybe it is that they create more child stars than other organisations

Syd

Composer Sandy Faris somewhat slurring and slow of speech on the radio tonight. Might be worth keeping an eye on. He's 90 next year.

After seeing Ron Moody on Loose Women I would say he is a definate for 2011 as is Michael Douglas and Paul Gascoigne. Could also be a a sad double for Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey. I also wonder about Barbara Windsor's husband Scott Mitchell who has had alcohol addictions etc. She has taken time off tv to be with him hmmm...

Derryn Hinch an Australian radio presenter doesn't have long to live.

Derryn Hinch an Australian radio presenter doesn't have long to live.

I bought into Hinch, big time, a year back on the understanding that he had only six months to live due to inoperable liver cancer. Now, 10 months on, the story is "I've only got 12 months unless I gets a transplant".

It's a timing nightmare!!!

I was sure that there is a Coronation Street thread somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyway, Bill Tarmey, who apparently plays a character called Jack Duckworth, is quitting the show after thirty years due to health problems described as "extreme breathing difficulties".

Let me see..is it Jack that will killed off in Corrie's 50th anniversary storyline?

What a shame, I was hoping to post: "Corrie star Jack's off" as a headline.

French hostage Francoise Larribe, 62, might be a worth a punt. As if being held captive by Al Qaeda wasn't bad enough, she is also suffering from cancer.

Can anybody remember Paul and Rachel Chandler who were taken captive by Somali pirates?

Worth a shot in 2011?

Freed

Can anybody remember Paul and Rachel Chandler who were taken captive by Somali pirates?

Worth a shot in 2011?

Freed

Ah. I daresay the 'super injunction' may explain why everything was quiet on the media front.