football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

I've not seen him mentioned much but King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is 86 and appears to be in declining health, having spent some time in hospital and travelling to the US for treatment.

Though if you believe the Saudi health minister, he's fine.

Bob Woodward, founder and head of the children's cancer charity CLIC is to retire at the age of 78. He has been suffering from inoperable prostate cancer since 2003.

Former New Zealand All Black Doug Rollerson, more recently convicted of fraud, is also suffering from inoperable prostate cancer.

Clive Derby-Lewis, once an MP in South Africa, now serving life in prison for arranging a murder, is suffering from skin cancer and prostate cancer "which has spread to other organs" according to his lawyer (so treat with caution). He also has gangrene and has had a leg amputated as a result.

"Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" actress Marcia Strassman has been living with stage IV mestastatic breast cancer since 2007. Despite her gloomy prognosis, she looks remarkably well in the video that comes with the article.

Gaelic football star Liam Hayes has been diagnosed with a high grade form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

That's all. :lol:

Bob Woodward, founder and head of the children's cancer charity CLIC is to retire at the age of 78. He has been suffering from inoperable prostate cancer since 2003.

Former New Zealand All Black Doug Rollerson, more recently convicted of fraud, is also suffering from inoperable prostate cancer.

Clive Derby-Lewis, once an MP in South Africa, now serving life in prison for arranging a murder, is suffering from skin cancer and prostate cancer "which has spread to other organs" according to his lawyer (so treat with caution). He also has gangrene and has had a leg amputated as a result.

"Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" actress Marcia Strassman has been living with stage IV mestastatic breast cancer since 2007. Despite her gloomy prognosis, she looks remarkably well in the video that comes with the article.

Gaelic football star Liam Hayes has been diagnosed with a high grade form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Cheers for that, what would you think the chances of a UK obituary are for these people?

I'd imagine Marcia Strassman and Clive Derby-Lewis would get a mention

I'm thinking Warren Mitchell who will be 85 in January is worth keeping in mind in the next year or two..

:angry2: Drat. I was hoping to keep at least one of the four above quiet as a secret DDP pick...

:angry2: Drat. I was hoping to keep at least one of the four above quiet as a secret DDP pick...

:) Hello OoO, I hope you're enjoying being a father. I won the DDP the year I became a parent, it helped put me things in perspective and realise that life brings so much more joy than death.

Ref the previous post, they were my secret DDP picks as well, but, for various reasons, they're now my DDP cast offs, so everyone else is welcome to them. Anyway, I'm not quite as forthcoming on this thread as I used to be, so hopefully I won't sink all of your ships.

Veteran Hong Kong democracy campaigner Szeto Wah is battling lung cancer and is too ill to travel at the moment, which doesn't bode too well. I can't decide on his obit chances, though, so he's out.

Professor Mark Cato, is dying of motor neurone disease and helpfully detailing his decline and fall on a blog. Again, I'm not 100% sure about his obit chances and therefore he won't make the squad. Also, for some reason MND sufferers tend to do badly in my deadpool teams.

Rosie Kilburn, only 18 and possibly next year's version of Josie Grove. But then again, she could be next years Joanne Evans and not get an obit, or she could be next year's Kristen Hallenga and survive for longer than anyone might expect. I hope she does.

:P Hello OoO, I hope you're enjoying being a father. I won the DDP the year I became a parent, it helped put me things in perspective and realise that life brings so much more joy than death.

Yes, ta, although it would be better if I didn't have so much real-life work - another reason I'm glad I made the decision to stop the DDP running, although I do miss part of the involvement.

It would be nice to have more DDP unique picks, but yes, I do see it slightly diferently now - I'm finding it very hard to pick Yao Defen, for example - an excellent DDP pick but part of me morally just can't do it as she's suffered enough without being my DDP pick.

I'm still convinced I won't win this year, but will be delighted with a top 5 finish.

:P Hello OoO, I hope you're enjoying being a father. I won the DDP the year I became a parent, it helped put me things in perspective and realise that life brings so much more joy than death.

Yes, ta, although it would be better if I didn't have so much real-life work - another reason I'm glad I made the decision to stop the DDP running, although I do miss part of the involvement.

It would be nice to have more DDP unique picks, but yes, I do see it slightly diferently now - I'm finding it very hard to pick Yao Defen, for example - an excellent DDP pick but part of me morally just can't do it as she's suffered enough without being my DDP pick.

I'm still convinced I won't win this year, but will be delighted with a top 5 finish.

I'll be delighted with a top 100 finish.

We've talked about this geezer before - if his wife helped to see him off would he still be eligible for points?

Apparently Ayatollah Khameini has terminal leukemia and is "expected to die in months." According to a wicked, leaky site anyway. I'd post a link but I don't want Harry Pearce sending his spooks to neutralise me...

...although I could then nominate myself for the 2011 list...

Apparently Ayatollah Khameini has terminal leukemia and is "expected to die in months." According to a wicked, leaky site anyway. I'd post a link but I don't want Harry Pearce sending his spooks to neutralise me...

Ah, but would you get an obit in a UK news source?

regards,

Hein

Guest WEP

regards,

Hein

If he will be killed by a famous person like Harry Pearce...

OF COURSE

regards,

Hein

OF COURSE

I was once described as "one of Essex's biggest names in broadcasting." Unfortunately that was an error on the part of our local paper, published just before I did two one month stints on a local radio station having never broadcast before. So my only chance of a national media obit would be to help some of these celebs on their way before topping myself, thus making me infamous. But that would be against the DDP rules. And one of the Ten Commandments. So I won't.

regards,

Hein

OF COURSE

I was once described as "one of Essex's biggest names in broadcasting." Unfortunately that was an error on the part of our local paper, published just before I did two one month stints on a local radio station having never broadcast before. So my only chance of a national media obit would be to help some of these celebs on their way before topping myself, thus making me infamous. But that would be against the DDP rules. And one of the Ten Commandments. So I won't.

Guest LGFLOOD

12/01/2010

TOP TEN PICKS FOR 2011 (OR MAYBE SOONER)

Michael Douglas

Kirk Douglas

Harry Morgan

Betty Ford

Ernest Borgnine

Bob Dole

Henry Kissinger

Lindsay Lohan

Jeff Conaway

Peter Falk

Vanity Fair has the full story on this one. According to Quaid, Jeremy Piven is also on the hitlist.

Vanity Fair has the full story on this one. According to Quaid, Jeremy Piven is also on the hitlist.

Aye they got Norman Wisdom and Dennis Hopper too. I wonder if she does the housework dressed like that. Looks like the hotel bosses might have them in their sights.

Guest WWF

Former wrestler "Susperstar" Billy Graham:

"Last Friday nite Nov. 26 I was admitteded to the Mayo clinic hospital here in Phoenix Az. at 12 midnite with my feet, ankles and calves extremely swollen and beet red. The liver is getting more scared with each passing day and the spleen is swelling. fluid is trying to escape so siting at my computer and also painting kicked in gravity and pulled the excess fluid down to my lower legs, knees down the beet red was from small blood vessels filling with blood looking for an exit from internally. I had an infection in one toe and was given IV antibiotics and water pills, lasics.

This is officially my last ever personal appearance at a wresting event in LA, or anywhere, its still 8 weeks away. The only reason I am risking going to the event is the fact I will be riding in Bill Anderson's car and there is the AZ / CA border town of Blyth with hospital accommodations 100 miles from Phoenix and then 100 miles to Indio and Palm Springs, then about 75 miles to San Bernardino. So I have reasonable hospital access all the way over. I will start having nose bleeds and bleeding from the esophagus as small blood vessels begin to burst as pressure builds.

James [Legends of the Ring] has invited me for his May show in New Jersey but I will not be going. I cannot have a nose bleed at 35,000 feet in the air, or a vein in my esophagus burst, you can bleed out in 20 minutes and die on the spot, My liver doctor told me on Tues 23 that it would be an unacceptable risk to fly across the country from Phoenix to the Newark airport, it could be a death trip with a sudden bleed at 35,000 feet up.

This is officially my last public wrestling related autograph signing event, not a work, please, I don't work the real possibility of death in an airplane some where over Kansas or Texas on my way to Newark. Things are getting interesting now, I could easily have a bleed at the event in LA sitting there signing autographs, If you want my autograph and a chance to meet me, you will only get it in LA at the wrestling reunion event, unless you knock on my door here in Phoenix. I am looking forward with extremely high anticipation of attending the wrestling reunion event and again not a work.

I am ending my run on this earth and have reserved a plot next to Eddie G. at Green Acers cemetery in Phoenix AZ. I have chosen music and selecting certain paintings of mine and photos that I will want displayed. One of the minister from my church, Joe Jackson, a dear friend, will be conducting the service. He is not the Sr. pastor but a traveling evangelist who played pro ball with the Jets and Vikings, his wife Terill will be handling all emails, phone calls and hotel etc, Dave Meltzer and Scott Ephstein will be releasing her phone number and email address in the coming weeks.

I am very excited about the LA event and looking forward to meeting fine wrestling fans and seeing some wrestlers that I have not seen in many years.

Best regards and live life with zest, you only get one run,

Billy Graham

Former wrestler "Susperstar" Billy Graham:

"Last Friday nite Nov. 26 I was admitteded to the Mayo clinic hospital here in Phoenix Az. at 12 midnite with my feet, ankles and calves extremely swollen and beet red. The liver is getting more scared with each passing day and the spleen is swelling. fluid is trying to escape so siting at my computer and also painting kicked in gravity and pulled the excess fluid down to my lower legs, knees down the beet red was from small blood vessels filling with blood looking for an exit from internally. I had an infection in one toe and was given IV antibiotics and water pills, lasics.

This is officially my last ever personal appearance at a wresting event in LA, or anywhere, its still 8 weeks away. The only reason I am risking going to the event is the fact I will be riding in Bill Anderson's car and there is the AZ / CA border town of Blyth with hospital accommodations 100 miles from Phoenix and then 100 miles to Indio and Palm Springs, then about 75 miles to San Bernardino. So I have reasonable hospital access all the way over. I will start having nose bleeds and bleeding from the esophagus as small blood vessels begin to burst as pressure builds.

James [Legends of the Ring] has invited me for his May show in New Jersey but I will not be going. I cannot have a nose bleed at 35,000 feet in the air, or a vein in my esophagus burst, you can bleed out in 20 minutes and die on the spot, My liver doctor told me on Tues 23 that it would be an unacceptable risk to fly across the country from Phoenix to the Newark airport, it could be a death trip with a sudden bleed at 35,000 feet up.

This is officially my last public wrestling related autograph signing event, not a work, please, I don't work the real possibility of death in an airplane some where over Kansas or Texas on my way to Newark. Things are getting interesting now, I could easily have a bleed at the event in LA sitting there signing autographs, If you want my autograph and a chance to meet me, you will only get it in LA at the wrestling reunion event, unless you knock on my door here in Phoenix. I am looking forward with extremely high anticipation of attending the wrestling reunion event and again not a work.

I am ending my run on this earth and have reserved a plot next to Eddie G. at Green Acers cemetery in Phoenix AZ. I have chosen music and selecting certain paintings of mine and photos that I will want displayed. One of the minister from my church, Joe Jackson, a dear friend, will be conducting the service. He is not the Sr. pastor but a traveling evangelist who played pro ball with the Jets and Vikings, his wife Terill will be handling all emails, phone calls and hotel etc, Dave Meltzer and Scott Ephstein will be releasing her phone number and email address in the coming weeks.

I am very excited about the LA event and looking forward to meeting fine wrestling fans and seeing some wrestlers that I have not seen in many years.

Best regards and live life with zest, you only get one run,

Billy Graham

Post #273 already has this statement from Supertar Billy Graham

Let me suggest Kim Darby, she's been alive since way back when. I haven't a thing against her, she juust appeared in my head as a prime candidate for next year.