football_fan

Ideas And Possibilities For 2011

I had a dream last night where I went onto Deathlist, and found that Spade Cooley had updated Blake Edwards thread with the news he had been found dead. It was very strange.

Just a pointless bit of info that didn't need to go bumping up the Edwards thread for, lest people think there'd been another hit.

For the record, I didn't kill him.

Don't worry, your dream was all wrong. It was Vinegar Tits who updated the Blake Edwards thread with the news he had been found dead. ;)

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

I had a dream last night where I went onto Deathlist, and found that Spade Cooley had updated Blake Edwards thread with the news he had been found dead. It was very strange.

Just a pointless bit of info that didn't need to go bumping up the Edwards thread for, lest people think there'd been another hit.

For the record, I didn't kill him.

Don't worry, your dream was all wrong. It was Vinegar Tits who updated the Blake Edwards thread with the news he had been found dead. ;)

regards,

Hein

Don't we have a thread about Deathlist Dreams somewhere.

Can I enter another name? I think this one passes the "fame-threshold". It's Beat-poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti. This chap has his own Wiki and is 91 years old.

I'd put a punt on Dick van Dyke for 2011.

He has just turned 85, and was unable to attend the celebration due to an 'injury'. When old people start falling an injuring themselves, the end is pretty close (although unlike most old people he probably wouldn't be left on the kitchen floor for a week whilst he slowly dies).

He has just turned 85, and was unable to attend the celebration due to an 'injury'. When old people start falling an injuring themselves, the end is pretty close (although unlike most old people he probably wouldn't be left on the kitchen floor for a week whilst he slowly dies).

I'd leave him there if he tried to summon help in the accent he used in Mary Poppins.

I'd leave him there if he tried to summon help in the accent he used in Mary Poppins.

I think his tale of being rescued by porpoises may have been the start of the marbles disappearing...

Probably too obscure for DeathList but two original members of the French musical comedy group, Les Frere Jacques, are still alive:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Fr%C3%A8r...ition_du_groupe

Georges Bellec - born 1918

Paul Tourenne - born 1923

In fact, they all seem to have had amazingly good innings between them. Very famous over in the land of Le Frogs but UK obits might be problematic.

By the way Charles Aznavour is long in the tooth now, too, but I can't find any health reports about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Aznavour

Any cast or crew member of the Broadway production of' Spiderman, Turn Off The Dark.' It makes the Scottish play seem like a good luck charm by comparison.

Edited because I originally typed 'the Danish play'. I was hungry. :(

http://www.npr.org/2010/12/11/131938583/ba...rs-gives-thanks

Don't know if she would get an obit in the U.K., but if she would she's almost 100% certain to pass on for next year.

http://www.robinrogers.com/

Don't believe anyone's clearing the front page of The Times to announce her passing.

Highest profile UK coverage - maybe - will be Paul Jones Radio Two show announcing it and playing summat from one of her albums.

I'd keep my eye on these notable U.S. politicans for 2011:

1. Sargent Shriver, born 1915 founder of Peace Corp, JFK brother in law, ex VP candidate. At 95, he is suffering from advanced Alzheimers Disease.

2. Bob Dole, born 1923, former senator & 1996 Republican presidential candidate. At 87, he has spent much of 2010 in and out of the hospital for multiple bouts of pneumonia.

3. Dick Cheney, born 1941- ex U.S. VP. Only 69, but is seriously ill with congestive heart failure and has looked horrible in recent appearances.

Sports journalist Phil Such was diagnosed with motor neurone disease this year. The Daily Mail will be sure to give their man a write up when he goes.

3. Dick Cheney, born 1941- ex U.S. VP. Only 69, but is seriously ill with congestive heart failure and has looked horrible in recent appearances.

Let's pray for him....

....to enter the pearly gates!

No Dick can be a dick like Dick Cheney is.

Let's pray for him....

....to enter the pearly gates!

No Dick can be a dick like Dick Cheney is.

He wont be heading for the pearly gates, he'll be heading south... ;)

Thanks...I'd forgotten Bob Dole was still alive.

Sports journalist Phil Such was diagnosed with motor neurone disease this year. The Daily Mail will be sure to give their man a write up when he goes.

Please tell me you know this guy died like 10 years ago!!! ;)

8 years ago.

8 years ago.

:huh: Really? Gosh.....Sorry.