Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Actor Martin Benson has died. Picked on the DDP - no proper obit yet, but it'll probably come once the deaths of Michael Foot & Keith Alexander have disappeared off the rolling news tickers..

Actor Martin Benson has died. Picked on the DDP - no proper obit yet, but it'll probably come once the deaths of Michael Foot & Keith Alexander have disappeared off the rolling news tickers..

UK obit?

UK obit?

Yes. I'm sure he'll get a proper one, but for the moment, that'll do...

Who will inherit the title of "oldest swinger in town" now that Fred Wedlock has died?

Who will inherit the title of "oldest swinger in town" now that Fred Wedlock has died?

Surely one for the 'Old Folkies Home' thread?

Now that's a real shame. He is a popular chap round these 'ere parts, and as a youngster I was quite often subjected to his LPs on a quiet Sunday afternoon. I'm sure my dad will be proper gutted.

Now that's a real shame. He is a popular chap round these 'ere parts, and as a youngster I was quite often subjected to his LPs on a quiet Sunday afternoon. I'm sure my dad will be proper gutted.

I only have a copy of the single of "Oldest Swinger in Town". First Thackray, now Wedlock, the world is falling apart.

Ron Banks, lead singer of American soul group The Dramatics, has died of a massive heart attack.

The Dramatics toll of death is now right up there with The New York Dolls and Lynyrd Skynyrd, if not quite as good as The Ramones. Their line up at it's peak in the early seventies was thus:

Ron Banks - Died of a heart attack today aged 58

William "Wee Gee" Howard: Died of a heart attack in 2000, aged 49

Elbert Wilkins - Died of a heart attack in 1992, aged 42

James Mack Brown - Died of an aneurysm in 2008, aged 58

Willie Ford - Still Alive

Larry Demps - Still Alive

Ron Banks, lead singer of American soul group The Dramatics, has died of a massive heart attack.

The Dramatics toll of death is now right up there with The New York Dolls and Lynyrd Skynyrd, if not quite as good as The Ramones. Their line up at it's peak in the early seventies was thus:

How about the "Classic Five" line up of another 'franchise' soul group, The Temptations? 4 out of 5 premature deaths.

Melvin Franklin - brain seizure, 52.

David Ruffin - OD, 50.

Eddie Kendricks - cancer, 52.

Paul Williams - suicide, 34.

Otis Williams - alive.

On the other hand, it seems that members and former members of the Dead Kennedys, performers of romantic ditties like Holiday in Cambodia and Too Drunk to Fuck, are all alive, although that Wikipedia article states that members Klaus Flouride and D.H. Peligro have health issues.

regards,

Hein

Thats what you call a dramatic ending!

I am sad to report the death of Philip Langridge, one of the greatest British tenors - a wonderful interperter of Britten and Mozart, as well as a fearless champion of contemporary opera and song. For a taste of what we're missing, listen to

I am sad to report the death of Philip Langridge, one of the greatest British tenors - a wonderful interperter of Britten and Mozart, as well as a fearless champion of contemporary opera and song. For a taste of what we're missing, listen to

Done that, thanks Twelvetrees, now can you tell me how I might stem the blood pouring from both wrists?

Done that, thanks Twelvetrees, now can you tell me how I might stem the blood pouring from both wrists?

As the Rollings Stones said, Let it Bleed.

Actor Richard Stapley (also known as Wyler) has passed. IMDB tells me his biggest role was in The Man from Interpol - more looking forward now to the Man from Interflora...

Very droll line... one of the best! Bouquets for you.

Blimey! That's a bit of a shocker.

What are the odds on BC Alum stating categorically that this is the most significant death of 2010?

LB, what's more shocking is that they're making Lost Boys 3: The Thirst.

Now that's enough to make anyone want to O.D.

What are the odds on BC Alum stating categorically that this is the most significant death of 2010?

Don't tempt fate Mono, he's been quiet of late. My reaction to Corey's death was the same as when Heath Ledger died, a "bloody hell" followed by a "which one was he again?"

Actor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose

Well at least he died doing something he loved.

Well, that's two people off of my signature, now.

LB, what's more shocking is that they're making Lost Boys 3: The Thirst.

Now that's enough to make anyone want to O.D.

Ooo dear, I didn't even know there was a Lost Boys 2!

Corey Haim always reminds me of a boy I went to school with called Corey Haines, his sister cut her finger off with some scissors when she was about 2.