Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Rugby player Roger Addison has died at the age of 65. He was left quadraplegic after breaking his neck in a match in 1966 and had remained in hospital ever since.

I think that accident was filmed and Addison went on to give a moving telelvision interview saying he didn't blame the other player and tried to live without regret, and they showed the film of his accident in the same report. Or am I confusing this with summat else?

Eugene Allen, who was the White House butler for eight U.S Presidents, has died aged 90.

Here's an interesting one:

109-year-old Juan Carlos Caballero Vega, a veteran of the Mexican Revolution who was the driver of Pancho Villa, passed away on March 30.

That's almost into supercentenarian territory!

:P

Why does Wikipedia list only the oldest people from what are classed as developed nations, I wonder? Easier to verify, probably, but is there any other reason?

109-year-old Juan Carlos Caballero Vega, a veteran of the Mexican Revolution who was the driver of Pancho Villa, passed away on March 30.

:P

Why does Wikipedia list only the oldest people from what are classed as developed nations, I wonder? Easier to verify, probably, but is there any other reason?

Because Wikipedia only lists people who are approved by the GRG, and the GRG almost always begins with the assumption that anyone with an age claim from a developing country is lying, so people wanting to verify that have to overcome both that bias and the fact that record keeping is very poor from those regions. Add in a senior claims investigator who takes the side of the race debate that believes that the social construct of race has significant biological backing and Wikipedia's list of Oldest people is the result.

That took remarkably long.

Here's a pic of Eugene before the flag of his Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging:

_40228163_terreblanche_ap203body.jpg

Any resemblance to the Nazi flag is no coincidence.

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

Was it a "blick" who murdered him? Anyway, good riddance.

SttG has Terrablance on his DDP team, good call.

Was it a "blick" who murdered him? Anyway, good riddance.

Could well be. According to this news 24 article, police found a panga and knobkerrie (a machette and a club) next to Terre'Blanche. As such that doesn't mean much, I suppose even a retarded Boer can use these ethnic weapons, but combine it with the suggestion that he was killed over unpaid wages and a theory suggests itself.

regards,

Hein

Can he/she account for his/her whereabouts at the time?

:wheelchair:

Because Wikipedia only lists people who are approved by the GRG, and the GRG almost always begins with the assumption that anyone with an age claim from a developing country is lying, so people wanting to verify that have to overcome both that bias and the fact that record keeping is very poor from those regions. Add in a senior claims investigator who takes the side of the race debate that believes that the social construct of race has significant biological backing and Wikipedia's list of Oldest people is the result.

Race is a social construct? To a certain extent it is, yes. But there are genetic differences between populations that have lived in the same region for a long time and that is biological. Politically incorrect, but true. And I do not think that one should ever let political correctness get in the way of the truth.

That being said, it's ridiculous to suggest that race is, or ever has been, concrete between the border of Mexico and America or between Western Europe or Eastern Europe... even 100 years ago these would have been absurd suggestions to make.

Race is a social construct? To a certain extent it is, yes. But there are genetic differences between populations that have lived in the same region for a long time and that is biological. Politically incorrect, but true. And I do not think that one should ever let political correctness get in the way of the truth.

Yes, race is mostly a social construct. If skin colour and a few other very visible and difficult to hide properties weren't so different in humans we would probably never have invented race. Mind, there wouldn't be any lack of bigotry, prejudice and discrimination, but it would occur along other social lines, as it does now: religion, language, education, property and class.

The properties that we normally define as racial are skin deep. Other properties correlate to some degree with those superficial ones, but that doesn't mean much, as correlation isn't the came as causation. About the genetic differences among people: genetically we're a remarkably homogeneous lot. From the usually reliable source I Read It Somewhere I seem to remember that more than 80% of all human genetic variation can be found in any single group of people, anywhere on Earth. Ah, found a link: Wikipedia article on Human genetic variation. See paragraph headed: Distribution of variation.

I can also recommend an article by Stephen Jay Gould: Human Equality Is a Contingent Fact of History. It's online at http://www.sjgarchive.org/library/text/b16/p0425.htm and further, if you're willing to stick in the page numbers in the location bar.

regards,

Hein

Can he account for his whereabouts at the time?

SttG is a she, shurely? Anyway, well done her. Unique pick, if I'm not mistaken.

SttG is a she, shurely? Anyway, well done her. Unique pick, if I'm not mistaken.

Looking at her profile she would indeed appear to be a she, and I have amended my post to allow for this possibility, whilst not completely ignoring the possibility that MPFC was correct in his (her?) assertion that she was a he. In the meantime, I'm off for a walk on the wild side.

Looking at her profile she would indeed appear to be a she, and I have amended my post to allow for this possibility, whilst not completely ignoring the possibility that MPFC was correct in his (her?) assertion that she was a he. In the meantime, I'm off for a walk on the wild side.

SttG is a she. DttG is a he.

SttG is a she. DttG is a he.

So THEY are an item, right?

Apologies SttG for mistaking your gender, your Deathrace points are duly added by the way, putting you in a very competitive third place behind Paul the Postie and Lardy, meaning we have two lasses in podium places.

regards,

Hein

Looks rather like the Manx flag too.

regards,

Hein

Manx Nazis? Now there's an idea for a film.

regards,

Hein

Maybe an upside-down Manx flag; are the Manx in distress?

Wow! What a terrible week for me! First John Forsythe who I scratched from my RDP, and now Corin Redgrave who was so close to my DDP!

well...bad luck and all that...but if you are foolish to waste a slot on Maggie(who will live forever)...you only have yourself to blame :rolleyes:

Guy Kewney, the computer journalist also noted for being the intended interviewee when Guy Goma appeared live on BBC News has died aged 63..