Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Lena Horne

The singer and actress has died aged 92. She was one of Hollywood's first black leading ladies. She suffered during the McCarthy era and was a leading light in the Civil Rights movement along with her friend Paul Robeson. Another one on my shorltlist for this year's DDP who didn't make it to the final 20!

Adele Mara

The Hollywood actress whose most notable role was alongside John Wayne in "The Sands of Iwo Jima" has died aged 87.

Charlie Francis

Disgraced Canadian athletics coach who admitted introducing Ben Johnson to the performance enhancing drugs which saw him stripped of the 1988 Olympic 100m title and world record has died aged 61 after battling cancer.

The disappointingly named Edward Uhl, co-inventor of the bazooka, has expired at the age of 92. I always naively assumed that the inventor of the bazooka was called Mr Bazooka - just like the inventor of the kalashnikov is called Mr Kalashnikov - or even if he was the co-inventor rather than solely responsible, he might have been called Mr Ba or Mr Zooka.

Archduke Rudolf of Austria, youngest brother of Otto von Habsburg, has died aged 90.

That makes Otto and his brother Felix (94 in 2 weeks) the only remaining children of the last Emperor of Austria.

Yvonne Loriod

The French pianist and widow of composer Olivier Messiaen has died aged 86. Only obit I can find at the moment is in French, but I'm sure others will follow. A great loss to the musical world, but then again she is a unique pick on the DDP for me AND my joker...

Yvonne Loriod

The French pianist and widow of composer Olivier Messiaen has died aged 86. Only obit I can find at the moment is in French, but I'm sure others will follow. A great loss to the musical world, but then again she is a unique pick on the DDP for me AND my joker...

BBC Music Magazine obit

Professor Richard Gregory, Britain's most eminent psychologist and editor of the Oxford Companion to the Mind, has died aged 86. No obits yet, but he will get the full broadsheet treatment.

John Shepherd-Barron, inventor of the ATM machine, has died aged 84.

Nicole Drybrugh published author and poster girl for precocious cancer battlers everywhere. Possible further deaths when upwardly mobile young British acting talent engages in battle for the right to star in the biopic, or summat.

Japanese artist and architect Arakawa has died aged 73.

Notable, as he believed that people only died because they got too comfortable and he (and his wife) designed houses engineered to disorient the occupants.

Sadly, they lost all their money in Madoff's Ponzi scheme, so their research was never completed.

You may think its crap but I'm having my floors unlevelled anyway, just in case.

Grand Duchess Leonida Bagration, the widow of Grand Duke Vladimir Romanov, Pretender to the Russian throne, has died on Sunday aged 95.

I'm sure there's a better thread but whatever.

Ventriloquist Ray Alan dead at 79.

Two DDP pickers...

"Old age had also made it increasingly difficult for him to control his puppet". Is that a euphemism?

I remember him for "Titch and Quackers" rather than Lord Charles. R.I.P.

I'm sure there's a better thread but whatever.

Ventriloquist Ray Alan dead at 79.

Two DDP pickers...

"Old age had also made it increasingly difficult for him to control his puppet". Is that a euphemism?

You're showing yer age there, mate... :closedeyes:

I always thought Lord Charles was Titch. :closedeyes:

I always thought Lord Charles was Titch. :closedeyes:

Perhaps Tich was a younger version of Lord Charles. If not they were definitely related. You can see the family resemblance! :D

Paul Gray, 38, bassist for hilariously stupid death metallers Slipknot and an enthusiastic dabbler in drugs, has been found dead in his hotel room.