Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

George Blanda, legendary American footballer and ex DDP pick, dead at 83 http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../SPSE1FKCKA.DTL

William Wilson, former MP for Coventry and ex-DDP pick, dead at 97. Link - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries...iam-Wilson.html

Trevor Taylor, not an ex-DDP pick but a damn fine racing driver, dead at 73. http://www.joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/09...ylor-1936-2010/

Ta!

Christine Keeler's ex-lover, Johnny Edgecombe has died aged 77.

He went to visit her, she wouldn't let him in, he fired 6 shots at the door, the police got involved, the rest you know.

Mickey Freeman, Pvt Zimmerman in 'The Phil Silvers Show' has died aged 90...

Mickey Freeman, Pvt Zimmerman in 'The Phil Silvers Show' has died aged 90...

Just done a quick check on IMDB which would appear to indicate that of the regular cast (those who appeared in 10 episodes or more) the only surviving member is 81 year old Terry Carter who appeared in 14 episodes as Private Sugarman. IMDB notes "he was the world's first black TV anchor newscaster".

Sir Robert Mark, former head honcho of the Met Police, now Met his maker, arf!

Apologies, I DETECT old news now that I've cruised the extra curricular thread.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but there's an fascinating contemporary account of death by rabies in the latest issue of the "Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report" (the link opens up a PDF document and you need to scroll down to page eight). One of the symptoms of the early stages of the unfortunate victim's illness was that he

"...developed spontaneous ejaculation occurring up to once per hour"

I wasn't sure where to post this, but there's an fascinating contemporary account of death by rabies in the latest issue of the "Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report" (the link opens up a PDF document and you need to scroll down to page eight). One of the symptoms of the early stages of the unfortunate victim's illness was that he

"...developed spontaneous ejaculation occurring up to once per hour"

Coming and going, eh? :P

Stephen J Cannell

Writer-producer whose credits included "The Rockford Files" and "The A-Team" has died aged 69.

"During his TV heyday, Cannell became familiar to viewers from the ID that followed each of his shows: He was seen in his office typing on his Selectric before blithely ripping a sheet of paper from the typewriter carriage, whereupon it morphed into the C-shaped logo of Cannell Entertainment Inc."

Sir Robert Mark, Formerly a Met Police Commissioner, has died aged 93.

I did consider him for my DDP, being one of the longest served holders of the GBE at the time of his death.

Stephen J Cannell

Writer-producer whose credits included "The Rockford Files" and "The A-Team" has died aged 69.

"During his TV heyday, Cannell became familiar to viewers from the ID that followed each of his shows: He was seen in his office typing on his Selectric before blithely ripping a sheet of paper from the typewriter carriage, whereupon it morphed into the C-shaped logo of Cannell Entertainment Inc."

Prince Charles is in Delhi to open the Commonwealth Games.

So watch this space...

Are Charlie's days numbered?

Ancentus Akuku Ogwela ,prominent Kenyan polygamist, has died aged 94.

He had 100 wives, and 160 children.

Didn't have an X Box 360 then...

Birthdays must have been a nightmare...

Norman Wisdom - Finally gone

He has his own thread.

Moss Keane

The Irish Rugby Union great has died aged 62 after suffering from bowel cancer.

Film and Television director Roy Ward Baker has died aged 93.

Shouldn't be too much trouble getting an obit which will mean an 8th hit for I'm Ready For My Funeral Mr. DeMille!

Film and Television director Roy Ward Baker has died aged 93.

Shouldn't be too much trouble getting an obit which will mean an 8th hit for I'm Ready For My Funeral Mr. DeMille!

I tell you, I'm quite shocked that I've gotten 8 hits this year, quite insane I think. And considering I had a few "misses" who knows how high I could have been. Still, I'm looking good for a top 20 finish perhaps, definitely getting my best ever finish on the DDP.