Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Legendary Cinicinatti Reds and Detroit Tigers manager Sparky Anderson has died aged 76.

And that's another for the list of the missed on this year's DDP.

'Storm Chaser', Matt Hughes, has died after committing suicide by hanging. He was 30 years old.

The Russian conductor Rudolf Barshai has died at the age of 86.

He studied under Dmitri Shostakovich and was also a viola player and founder member of the legendary Borodin Quartet.

'Storm Chaser', Matt Hughes, has died after committing suicide by hanging. He was 30 years old.

He actually died back in May, but the news is only becoming a hot topic now that they have a new series of the programme out...

Mike Craig, screen and comedy writer including for Morecambe and Wise, has lost his fight against Pick's Disease and his chance to be a decent pick on the DDP in 2011.

link

Mike Craig, screen and comedy writer including for Morecambe and Wise, has lost his fight against Pick's Disease and his chance to be a decent pick on the DDP in 2011.

link

Can't say I've heard of him, but Pick's Disease is a very nasty form of frontal lobe dementia which progresses quickly. People unlucky enough to get the illness tend not to linger on for years on end like those who are afflicted with the bog standard variant of the condition.

link

Can't say I've heard of him

You were the one who suggested him as a pick on here in the first place! :angel3:

link

Can't say I've heard of him

You were the one who suggested him as a pick on here in the first place! ;)

So he was. :angel3:

Is memory loss a symptom of Pick's Disease?

Top North Korean general & one-time envoy to the USA, Vice Marshal Jo Myong-Rok, is criticially ill & possibly "dying" of kidney & liver disease. According to the report, he has two months "at the most" to live.

You may well think, well so what? But, as the report concludes, Jo is effectively the second most powerful man in North Korea, so he'll probably get an obit somewhere.

I might not be able to remember what I posted last year, but for some reason I can still remember what OoO posted three years ago :angel3: . Jo Myong-Rok is dead, not of liver or kidney disease, but of a heart attack.

Be interesting to see how much coverage that death merits. I reckon he'll accrue the obits to count on every major dead pool this side of the RDP.

Neil Fujita not well known as a personality but most of us have seen his work.

Emilio Massera, 83, who was prominent leader of Argentina's 1976-1983 military junta, has been hospitalised with heart problems. By an odd co-incidence, last week he was deemed healthy enough to face extradition for the alleged kidnapping, torture and disappearance of three Italians during the dictatorship.

Maybe Emilio Massera wasn't faking after all. In any case, he's dead.

Author Philip Carlo has died after a long battle with ALS.

A hit for 4 teams if the right obit is found...

Henryk Gorecki

The Polish composer, whose Symphony No.3, "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs" made the Pop Charts in 1992, has died aged 76.

Henryk Gorecki

The Polish composer, whose Symphony No.3, "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs" made the Pop Charts in 1992, has died aged 76.

If he should die, this very moment...

I once got a cab back to civilisation from a Warp allnighter near the Millennium Dome with the bloke out of Lamb, you know.

John Kluge

Doesn't seem to have been posted at the time, but John Kluge died back on 7th September aged 95. He was the United States' richest man 3 years running prior to someone called Mr Gates coming along. His fortune was made in a number of ways, having acquired a controlling interest in Metropolitan Broadcasting (later Metromedia) back in 1959, which he eventually mostly sold off to Rupert Murdoch forming the basis for his Fox Network. Kluge was also the owner of the Harlem Globetrotters and Ice Capades Ice Skating extravaganza for many years.

Robin Day has died; no, not that one, this one.

He was the man who designed those stacking plastic chairs we've all tripped over at some time grown to know and love.

He was 95

Denise Borino-Quinn, who played Johnny Sack's morbidly obese wife Ginny on The Sopranos, has died of liver cancer aged 46. I believe this makes her the first Sopranos cast member to sleep with the fishes.

I'm pretty sure that another cast member died a year or two ago.

Unfortunately I can't remember his name, so there is the real possibility that I could be speaking shite.

Those fishes will be feeding for months off of that carcass.

If 2 cast members are dead then maybe it's a curse. You'll read about in the National Enquirer. Of course if you are talking shite then it's not a curse.... but it will be. It's inevitable

He was the man who designed those stacking plastic chairs we've all tripped over at some time grown to know and love.

He was 95

Students around the world should shout his name as they lob his prized creations across the classrooms and out of top floor high school windows... Viva la Robin! For the French lesson obviously. I expect maths will result in a more calculated celebration... ahem

He was 95

You will see that his wife and creative partner Lucienne died at the beginning of the year. I recall Radio 4's "Last Words" programme covering her death.

Mackenzie Taylor, stand-up comedian recently in the news for taking part in a comedy festival showing how people with bipolar disorder aren't crazy self-destructive nutbags, has killed himself aged 32.

Mackenzie Taylor, stand-up comedian recently in the news for taking part in a comedy festival showing how people with bipolar disorder aren't crazy self-destructive nutbags, has killed himself aged 32.

I would venture to suggest this is the gag for which he will be best remembered, the ultimate irony, or summat.