Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Nicolas Hayek

The Lebanese-born founder of the Swatch group has died aged 82. He was originally brought in as a business consultant to oversee the liquidation of two major Swiss watch makers in the face of competition from the Far East, and ended up engineering the foundation of the now famous brand name.

Corey Allen. The last surviving cast member of Rebel Without a Cause, and also emmy award-winning director of Hill Street Blues, aged 75.

Corey Allen. The last surviving cast member of Rebel Without a Cause, and also emmy award-winning director of Hill Street Blues, aged 75.

The source is wrong on two counts, according to everything else I can find he was 76. And he was not the last as Frank Mazzola and Jack Grinnage are still living, as are Chuck Hicks, Louise Lane and Jimmy Baird who all had minor roles in the film. Clearly the people at Variety haven't been doing their homework! ^_^

Bernie the Bolt

One of the men who loaded the crossbow on "The Golden Shot" has died aged 72. Not called "Bernie" at all, just John Baker, he gained huge celebrity status on the massively popular TV show which ran in the 60s and 70s.

There were two other "Bernies", Alan Bailey and Derek Young.

The source is wrong on two counts, according to everything else I can find he was 76. And he was not the last as Frank Mazzola and Jack Grinnage are still living, as are Chuck Hicks, Louise Lane and Jimmy Baird who all had minor roles in the film. Clearly the people at Variety haven't been doing their homework! ^_^

1) Given that he was only 2 days shy of his 76th Birthday, I think it can be excused.

2) I don't think that 'minor roles' really count as cast members.

3) You're clearly a wee arsehole.

They may be wrong about the 'last surviving cast member' bit, but born June 29 1934, died June 27 2010 (or even June 28) does make him 75, not 76. If you disagree please provide links to back up your assertions.

According to a few academic sites, Brian Flowers, Baron Flowers has died. Noted academic and member of the House of Lords... Here is one of the links - http://www2.imperial.ac.uk/blog/reporter/2...r-lord-flowers/

and more importantly, a member of my DDP team. I'm sure there will be the customary broadsheet obit shortly and then I think that puts me in the top 5 as things stand? (Though I may have that wonrg 'cos of the Lithuanian chappie...)

1) Given that he was only 2 days shy of his 76th Birthday, I think it can be excused.

2) I don't think that 'minor roles' really count as cast members.

3) You're clearly a wee arsehole.

1) Rounding up is still cheating.

2) No, if you read my post again I separated the last three out. Mazzola and Grinnage had credibility as prominent cast members, hence why they were at the Rebel reunion in 2000.

3) Why thank you, I do try

According to a few academic sites, Brian Flowers, Baron Flowers has died. Noted academic and member of the House of Lords... Here is one of the links - http://www2.imperial.ac.uk/blog/reporter/2...r-lord-flowers/

and more importantly, a member of my DDP team. I'm sure there will be the customary broadsheet obit shortly and then I think that puts me in the top 5 as things stand? (Though I may have that wonrg 'cos of the Lithuanian chappie...)

Here you go...

(Sorry, can't help with the DDP placing though).

Film producer Elliot Kastner (Where Eagles Dare, The Big Sleep etc) has died from cancer aged 80.

Here you go...

(Sorry, can't help with the DDP placing though).

Better than that...:angry:

Goeffrey Hutchings

Dead aged 71 after a short illness. Very sad news. Most recently seen as Mel in "Benidorm", but also well known for his role in the Michael Gambon version of "Maigret" amongst many others.

benidorm_mel_madge.jpg

Goeffrey Hutchings

Dead aged 71 after a short illness. Very sad news. Most recently seen as Mel in "Benidorm", but also well known for his role in the Michael Gambon version of "Maigret" amongst many others.

benidorm_mel_madge.jpg

He was also the Chairman of the FA in 'Mike Bassett - England Manager' a film that's becoming more relevant with each passing failure of the natonal team...

Bit of a surprise that...

Another dying doo wopper. Harvey Fuqua, founder and former lead singer of long forgotten vocal group The Moonglows, is gravely ill in a Detroit hospital.

He's fuquaed.

Charles "Spen" King

"CHARLES “Spen” King, the man who designed the Range Rover but loathed “pompous, self-important” drivers who used the 4x4 for school runs has died, aged 85. The death of the motoring pioneer whose work gave birth to the most significant Land Rover of them all came just days after the Range Rover celebrated its 40th birthday. He had played a huge role in the West Midland car industry, and was also a key figure in the development of the Austin Metro and the Maestro. ...

... The latest Range Rover was launched by Victoria Beckham last week."

That last bit was probably the last straw for him then!

Canadian Jim Bohlen, one of the founders of Greenpeace, has died aged 84.

David Fanshawe

The composer who will be remembered mainly for "African Sanctus", one of the most performed large-scale choral works of the 20th century, has died aged 68. I was surprised to hear on Radio 4's "Last Words" yesterday afternoon that he also composed the score to the TV shows "When the Boat Comes In" and "Flambards" as well as the film "Tarka the Otter". Another of his works was "Requiem for the Children of Aberfan".

He travelled the world seeking out indigenous music from many different cultures and incorporating it into his own scores. Always an enthusiastic and engaging character when seen on TV. He will be sorely missed.

Bio

Bob Sheppard , former NY Yankees PA Announcer , is dead at 99.

Charles "Spen" King

"CHARLES “Spen” King, the man who designed the Range Rover but loathed “pompous, self-important” drivers who used the 4x4 for school runs has died, aged 85. The death of the motoring pioneer whose work gave birth to the most significant Land Rover of them all came just days after the Range Rover celebrated its 40th birthday. He had played a huge role in the West Midland car industry, and was also a key figure in the development of the Austin Metro and the Maestro. ...

... The latest Range Rover was launched by Victoria Beckham last week."

That last bit was probably the last straw for him then!

Oh dear. Met him in passing a few times on various projects - nice old chap. Going to be missed for sure.

Alan Hume - Director of Photography extrordinaire will be 84 this year.

Dead, according to IMDB.

British diplomat Marrack Goulding has died aged 73.

The former Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations, he also headed their peacekeeping operations between 1986 and 1993.