Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Martin King, co-inventor of T9 text input (that's predictive to you and me), has died aged 60, from camber cancer.

This man was a genius. If you type in anal, you get cock, and if you type in smirnoff, you get poisoned.

Many's the person who's been called an aunt.

Martin King, co-inventor of T9 text input (that's predictive to you and me), has died aged 60, from camber cancer.

This man was a genius. If you type in anal, you get cock, and if you type in smirnoff, you get poisoned.

You might, I get coal.

Eddie Fisher has died at the age of 82

I know he has his own thread somewhere, but couldn't find it

Well done RA, I know you've had him on your list since about 1979!

Anyone called Mr Fisher, who calls his daughter Tricia, is a twat.

Argh. Had him on my list as well. more points for me.

Just read in Saturday's Times obituary that TV writer Louis Marks has died aged 82.

Terry Newton, a former British rugby league star, has hanged himself aged 31.

Fashion designer Catherine Walker dies aged 65

I feel sorry for the poor bitch.

She dies, but newspaper editors use it as an opportunity to plaster their publications with pictures of Saint Diana of the Paris Tunnel.

If you will excuse this third post in a row...

The only 'Bible John' witness, Jean McLachlan, has died aged 74.

She died 2 weeks ago.

Jimi Heselden, the president of the Segway Corporation, has died aged 62 after riding his Segway off of a cliff.

Not a great advertisment for the safety and stability of his invention, is it..

Jimi Heselden, the president of the Segway Corporation, has died aged 62 after riding his Segway off of a cliff.

All the reports I've read speak of his family making an emotional visit to the scene etc. I mean, it smacks of suicide, but there's no suggestion along those lines........so far.

Has there been a more ironic departure since the bloated carcass of Mr Atkins - of Atkins Diet fame - expired on a New York pavement?

All the reports I've read speak of his family making an emotional visit to the scene etc. I mean, it smacks of suicide, but there's no suggestion along those lines........so far.

Has there been a more ironic departure since the bloated carcass of Mr Atkins - of Atkins Diet fame - expired on a New York pavement?

Suicide..? I don't think so. He was most likely practicing some complicated death defying stunt, with a view to replacing Ben Collins as The Stig on the next series of Top Gear! :)

Suicide..? I don't think so. He was most likely practicing some complicated death defying stunt, with a view to replacing Ben Collins as The Stig on the next series of Top Gear! :)

I heard he was testing the new amphibious version, the Segway Seaway.

I heard he was testing the new amphibious version, the Segway Seaway.

Obviously, it needs some more work - the security features leave a lot to be desired..

His last words were: Note to self; consider airbags!

• Like 1

George Blanda, legendary American footballer and ex DDP pick, dead at 83 http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../SPSE1FKCKA.DTL

William Wilson, former MP for Coventry and ex-DDP pick, dead at 97. Link - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries...iam-Wilson.html

Trevor Taylor, not an ex-DDP pick but a damn fine racing driver, dead at 73. http://www.joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/09...ylor-1936-2010/

Edited by heaven can wait
Trevor taylor link repaired

Was Taylor that good a driver? I know he wasn't that successful as Jim Clark's team-mate, and Clark wasn't exactly in the Alonso school of turning the whole team to supporting him.

Was Taylor that good a driver? I know he wasn't that successful as Jim Clark's team-mate, and Clark wasn't exactly in the Alonso school of turning the whole team to supporting him.

Jimmy Clark didn't but Colin Chapman geared the whole team behind Clark. Many a Clark team-mate suffered with poor or dangerous machinery during that time.

You can hardly say Ireland, Allison, Stacey, Arundell, Spence, Henry and Trevor Taylor, Maggs, Gregory, Attwood et al were complete duffers. Not in the same class as Clark but not in the same class as Jean Denis Deltraz either.

Arthur Penn has died aged 88 years.

Edit: I see this has already been reported. Apologies.