Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Alexander Haig.

It's getting to be a PITA to search on this forum. Whew! Hopefully he's not already here, but if he is, oops. :lol:

Alexander Haig.

It's getting to be a PITA to search on this forum. Whew! Hopefully he's not already here, but if he is, oops. :lol:

A bunch of wishful thinkers tossed him in the pile of 2011 hopefuls.

I wonder if this means Eddie Meese and Georgie Bush the First will soon follow.....

Lionel Jeffries, director of The Railway Children and Grandpa Potts in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang has died aged 83.

That's sad. I didn't think he'd ever die! He's like Clive Dunn - always been old and, therefore, must be immortal.

Actually, he was younger than Dick Van Dyke, who played his son in Chitty Chitty Band Bang. He was only 41-42 for that role, which I suppose is some indication of his talent that he could successfully pull it off. Enjoy him again

Very annoyed - he was in my first draft DDP list for 2010 which I misplaced and had to recreate from memory. I failed, as I forgot to include him.

Also forgot to include someone who looks a bit like him - Warren Mitchell. Hope he survives till 2011 then...

Actually, he was younger than Dick Van Dyke, who played his son in Chitty Chitty Band Bang. He was only 41-42 for that role, which I suppose is some indication of his talent that he could successfully pull it off. Enjoy him again

I'm devoid of any discernible talent, but I reckon I could've pulled off Dick Van Dyke's dad.

I'm devoid of any discernible talent, but I reckon I could've pulled off Dick Van Dyke's dad.

I think the correct response to this is something along the lines of "Blimey, the old gaffer only used to give us half an orange".

I think the correct response to this is something along the lines of "Blimey, the old gaffer only used to give us half an orange".

Yes, sorry about that. In my defence, I had again, spent much of yesterday mincing through Pimlico.

I think Stan Bowles is credited with the 'orange' quote, or perhaps it was someone else.

Yes, sorry about that. In my defence, I had again, spent much of yesterday mincing through Pimlico.

I think Stan Bowles is credited with the 'orange' quote, or perhaps it was someone else.

Rodney Marsh re Sir Alf Ramsey...

US actress Caroline McWilliams has died aged 64 (11 February).

Best known for her roles in Soap and Benson, she was also a director and was at one time married to Michael Keaton.

Warner Brothers animator Rudy Larriva died a week after his 94th birthday. Looks like it's a CPDP update for me later today!

River Cafe founder and chef Rose Gray is off the menu aged 71.

A rather shrewd unique pick for If I'm Spared Myself, Of Course...

You're too kind. Must admit I was quite surprised to see no one else had picked her.

Greg Rita, 52, who caddied for Curtis Strange at consecutive U.S. Open victories and for John Daly when he won the British Open at St. Andrews, is suffering from a malignant brain tumour. I wouldn't have thought that he will get a UK obit, but it never ceases to amaze me who does get a mention when they go.

Greg Rita has died.

Winston Churchill, former British MP and grandson of the wartime Prime Minister has died.

I was sooooo close to picking him for my DDP! :lol:

Winston Churchill, former British MP and grandson of the wartime Prime Minister has died.

I was sooooo close to picking him for my DDP! :lol:

Woop woop, points mean prizes!

Winston Churchill

Not quite as famous as his granddad!

... apologies for the repeat post. Didn't see the original amongst all the Kristian Digby banter!

Woop woop, points mean prizes!

I 'ad 'im an' all. Good week for my team!